Rabtech's Haltech install and other items to make HP

• @oneshot I think this post is needed and if I am wrong just text me and I'll pull over on the side of the interstate tonight and delete or change whatever I missed.

It kinda looked like a few post on Facebook and even on here that some people MAY have the impression that they will get an ECU and be able to bolt it in and go drive it without having it tuned on a dyno. Because I read one post on facebook that made it sound like it would be just fine to drive and use. And that It would just not be tuned optimally for peak power until it was professionally dyno tuned...

That will NOT happen.

The reason I am going over this is because Jamie has worked his butt off to get this product out to the peoples... And I do not want to see him have someone install this ECU and blow up an engine and then turn around and say "you said it was safe"....

First let me explain how important what Jamie has done to be able to ship this to anyone.... Basically the ECU is completely empty when Jamie gets it. It has no data in it. It won't control anything. It has no idea how to turn on anything in the Slingshot.

Jamie has taken the time to map and trace all the wires on the stock ECU that go to every device and all the sensors on the Slingshot and then make a matching harness to hook to the Haltech Elites double plugs that feed it. Then he has went into the Haltech software and input all the basic data to allow even the most basic function on the slingshot to "work" when you turn on the key... Things like what wire controls the fuel pump and what type of signal the fuel pump is looking for and how long to cycle the fuel pump when the key is turned on... And also things like what the firing order is on this engine and what type of signal and.what wire the coils need. And what the timing should be when cold and what the fuel mixture should be at during different temps. And on and on and on........

So when he says he has a safe for stock and safe for 300hp turbo Slingshot tune. He is telling the truth because he has the most basic safe info loaded like MAP sensor data and fuel tables that are very rich to get you cranked and safely on the trailer or down the street. You may even get by with a slightly longer trip as long as you didn't get into boost at all and stayed in the vacuum side.

I can't stress how important it is to immediately go to a dyno and have a professional tuner program all the tables and safety's for your specific requirements and hardware you have on your slingshot.

• That would not work. I don't run an alpha turbo

That would explain all the security at the doors of DDM and the scanners and Non Disclosure agreements we had to sign.
    Not to mention all the black curtains and top secret signs.

You are so friggin spoiled and have all the coolest stuff.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I pretty much tell everything I do down to what I have to eat each day. But in this one case I will let Dave tell what I have if he wants to. He came up with this turbo and I don't know if he wants to share the info. At least not.yet... I think he wants to collect more info on how it performs....

If you look at those dyno sheets some of y'all might have noticed the big smooth power curves are not like the "all at once" boost that most of the existing system have. I was curious if anyone was going to say something about that...... And I actually think someone said "the graphs look like I was getting into supercharger territory" ..... So I believe someone did noticed it..... :-)

Obviously they are not just like a supercharger graph but they are pretty linear in the way they look across the RPM range.

It's not a huge secret. And it's not anything super duper special. But Dave did put a lot of time in the actual product getting it perfect before I bolted it up.. So let's see what he wants to do...

Here is a couple of my dyno pulls. And below I found a supercharger dyno graph.. The power does look very similar.....

• Even if I'm not supposed to explain how he made the power curve on my SS so smooth and consistent. I can tell you what it feels like.

If you have ever driven a farm tractor and it had the rabbit and the turtle for the throttle. You will probably remember how it instantly pushed you back into the seat when you moved the lever up to the rabbit.......

Well that torque curve on my dyno chart is like a big throttle lever with a turtle that is on meth at the bottom and at the top of the lever there is a pissed off rabbit on crack cocaine.... It pulls you back into the seat all the way through the RPM range and there is no turbo spool up surge of power...And what is new even for me is it's pulling like this even in 5th gear. I am anxious to get it out on my less congested roads and see how it really does.
    Maybe tomorrow it will warm up just enough to drive it.

• It was me that compared it to a SC and hope he can do something like that with the Hahn turbo.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Polaris Slingshot Info mobile app