Broke one of the T40 screws

• always remember to chase the threads if your going to the trouble of replacing all of them.
    As @BKL noted I have found many pre-stripped when removed.

Also note (some may not know), be sure to use a thread chaser, not a tap. Overzealous can take a tap in by hand and actually oversize the thread, meaning a weaker hold and more likely stripping it out. Thread chaser will not do that.

• This set has been invaluable to me many times....fair price as well:

Sears.com

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Yep. Get quality tools when buying stuff like drill bits and thread taps. I try to make sure every tap and die I buy says made in Germany. They must have special metal because they seem to be the best

I learned my lesson the hard way, I was trying to remove a rusted bolt from a control arm on a project car 15 or so years ago,I had just been introduced to Harbor Freight, being 19 and on an university student budget the idea of cheap tools was very appealing, I tried using HF EZ out and it broke inside the bolt i was trying to remove..... Long story short i ended up having to buy a new control arm because during my frustration of trying to remove the EZ Out broken bit i ended up ruining the control arm.

Right there and then learned my lesson that HF is great for some things but horrible for others and that you really have to be careful when buying things there and to never buy anything for precision or delicate touch.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I learned my lesson the hard way, I was trying to remove a rusted bolt from a control arm on a project car 15 or so years ago,I had just been introduced to Harbor Freight, being 19 and on an university student budget the idea of cheap tools was very appealing, I tried using HF EZ out and it broke inside the bolt i was trying to remove..... Long story short i ended up having to buy a new control arm because during my frustration of trying to remove the EZ Out broken bit i ended up ruining the control arm.
    Right there and then learned my lesson that HF is great for some things but horrible for others and that you really have to be careful when buying things there and to never buy anything for precision or delicate touch.

Agree. Or, if your life or expensive vehicle depends on it which is why I won't use their jacks or jack stands...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014