New engine coming

• The Slingshot will be getting a new power plant, a Polaris engine, currently being put through the paces and dyno now.
    Can't say where I got the info, but it's a good source. There are a number of reasons for it, but it's supposed to bring at least as much hp as it currently does. But say goodbye to the 2.4

• Yep. Im not sure your going to see it till 2018. There will be an engine change to an all American made Polaris Prostar engine. It will be a 4 cylinder and be made in Osceola WI. Will be right at 200hp and will fit closely with our current engine mounts.

I also have a source or two... :)

Can't say much more or I get slapped

You can read into this 2014 press release and see they have geared up to do something a little larger than what they usually do...

"Polaris Industries Inc., which is expanding its engine assembly operation in Osceola to make the Polaris ProStar engine platform, will receive $234,000 in tax credits from the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. as part of the $1.75 million expansion.

The expansion is expected to create 60 new jobs and keep 200 existing jobs in Wisconsin, according to a press release from Gov. Scott Walker.

Polaris, which makes off-road vehicles, snowmobiles and motorcycles, is based in Minnesota. The expansion in Osceola in northwestern Wisconsin will increase its engine capacity by 40 percent."

Gas version of the Dagor motor ?

Hell your tax money already paid for development and tooling .......

I mean it makes sense sine they only charge us $150 grand a piece for them ...... confused-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Yep, can't say much as well more than what's been stated, I do live in the area and don't want to compromise my source. Will be interesting to say the least on 3rd party engine mods timelines and availability once it comes out especially compared to what I'm sure Polaris is going to offer, ie: Turbo?

• does tell you they are investung heavenly into the Slingshot "family" and even other Automotive options. A 200hp relatively automotive sized gas 4cyl is not going to get payed for selling the single SlingShot option.
    Not at 12-15k units a year.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• If indeed Polaris does sell the Slingshot with an engine of their own design, I'm truly happy I bought one when I did. I would be very leery of any engine produced by Polaris based upon their history of "engineering prowess". The GM Ecotec engine was a big (positive) factor in my decision to purchase.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• New Engine hmmm maybe a little price increase...but could look favorable with the extra ponies!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• New Engine hmmm maybe a little price increase...but could look favorable with the extra ponies!

Might be good for someone who likes to buy and not mod, and expect the power you have. I don't believe it will be easy in upgrade the power output because Polaris owns the castings of the rods and pistons. A new generation of blower would have to be created as well. Going to save weight probably but at the same time will drive performance upgrades through Polaris's pockets. Smart move for them.
    I am glad I have a generic 2.4.