New member meet and greet

• Just wanted to say hey and officially introduce myself. I'm a pharmacist near Charlotte NC. I've had the SS for a little over a month and even with a short stay in the pit for headlight recall and such, I've put over 2k on her even with the less than ideal riding weather we've had of late. So far I've added the alpha CAI, 1320 header, Alpha adjustable exhaust, led headlights, headlight bypass switch, underbrow LEDs, prp seats, assault pedal covers, dead pedal cover, and passenger foot plate. Got tricled under glow in the way and combining it with an xkchrome controller vs their own Bluetooth controller. The DW thinks I've spent more on it since I bought it than I paid for it lol. It's a 2016 base grey but the previous owner upgraded all components to SL Simply bc he wanted the grey. Ive ridden MCs for 20 years and still own a roadglide ultra but I can honestly say at 40yo this is the most pure driving experience I've had out side of a true race build. It's not the fastest. It's no the quickest. It doesn't ride the best. But when he sum of all aspects is added up it is by far my fav vehicle. Anyhow, I've been watching and reading posts on both forums for over a month now and figured I'd introduce myself (I posted this over there too before things went south) It's a pleasure to meet you all and I look forward to riding together one day. Thank you to the admin that created this forum as a drama free hangout for like minded adults!. I have three kids and if I want the kind of childish balogna from "over there" I'll hang around my seven year old little girl and her friends.

Take care and thanks again for all the info on both sites. It was invaluable as my boys and i turned some wrenches on the new toy.

Happy to have a Pill-Sling-Er onboard. Glad to see you spending so much on mods.

• Just wanted to say hey and officially introduce myself. I'm a pharmacist near Charlotte NC. I've had the SS for a little over a month and even with a short stay in the pit for headlight recall and such, I've put over 2k on her even with the less than ideal riding weather we've had of late. So far I've added the alpha CAI, 1320 header, Alpha adjustable exhaust, led headlights, headlight bypass switch, underbrow LEDs, prp seats, assault pedal covers, dead pedal cover, and passenger foot plate. Got tricled under glow in the way and combining it with an xkchrome controller vs their own Bluetooth controller. The DW thinks I've spent more on it since I bought it than I paid for it lol. It's a 2016 base grey but the previous owner upgraded all components to SL Simply bc he wanted the grey. Ive ridden MCs for 20 years and still own a roadglide ultra but I can honestly say at 40yo this is the most pure driving experience I've had out side of a true race build. It's not the fastest. It's no the quickest. It doesn't ride the best. But when he sum of all aspects is added up it is by far my fav vehicle. Anyhow, I've been watching and reading posts on both forums for over a month now and figured I'd introduce myself (I posted this over there too before things went south) It's a pleasure to meet you all and I look forward to riding together one day. Thank you to the admin that created this forum as a drama free hangout for like minded adults!. I have three kids and if I want the kind of childish balogna from "over there" I'll hang around my seven year old little girl and her friends.

Take care and thanks again for all the info on both sites. It was invaluable as my boys and i turned some wrenches on the new toy.

Add some @Turbosling 2 way adjustable shocks and these things turn into a smooth gliding Cadillac if ya want it too!!

Glad your here and hope your enjoying your stay!

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• The DW and I are hoping to make it up to SSITTS but aren't sure yet about the logistics. She's a nurse that works 7p-7a Friday Saturday and Sunday each week so that's speed bump #1. Add to it our three spawns and that's speed bump #2. We are going to try to make it up there for a quick overnight to visit the vendors and meet some good people. Really hoping we can make it happen.

When your dreams at night disappoint you because your reality kicks their ass...you know you have figured out life.

• The DW and I are hoping to make it up to SSITTS but aren't sure yet about the logistics. She's a nurse that works 7p-7a Friday Saturday and Sunday each week so that's speed bump #1. Add to it our three spawns and that's speed bump #2. We are going to try to make it up there for a quick overnight to visit the vendors and meet some good people. Really hoping we can make it happen.

Welcome @Pill-Sling-Er you've done some nice mods to your SS!
    I miss Charlotte, I was there for 2 months towards Concord working at the old Marlboro Plant and sure enjoyed it. It'll be worth the 2 1/2 hour drive! The amount of ideas you can get or get something installed from a vendor, plus the people you'll meet will be priceless!
    Hope you make the time.

• @'Bill Martin that's hilarious.

@'1poser we will def try. I like the Charlotte region as well. Close to the mountains and close to the sea. I'm from charleston sc originally so it's nice to only be 2.5 hours from home and all the culinary and fermented libations that Charleston has to offer.

When your dreams at night disappoint you because your reality kicks their ass...you know you have figured out life.

• I'M here folks! Here to represent wives who secretly take joy in their husband's need to empty the savings accounts to fund their middle life crisis need for speed.

At least with the sling, I can hang my leg out and get a nice breeze up the skirt! I will soon be sending my overgrown child on an adventure to the turbo garage in the US so I will be reaching out for some support for him during his long roadtrip!

• I'M here folks! Here to represent wives who secretly take joy in their husband's need to empty the savings accounts to fund their middle life crisis need for speed.

At least with the sling, I can hang my leg out and get a nice breeze up the skirt! I will soon be sending my overgrown child on an adventure to the turbo garage in the US so I will be reaching out for some support for him during his long roadtrip!

sounds like you'll fit in well here. Welcome...

Support, keep him out of trouble or help him get into some....tell us what you need and we'll give it a shot.....

• Support, keep him out of trouble or help him get into some....tell us what you need and we'll give it a shot.....

well Mark has never been on an adventure like this without his co-pilot. Instead, he'll be taking our autistic 13 year old son while I hold down the fort at the RV park. They leave for @Turbosling a month from today. Mark is also giving up a serious 30+ years, heavy smoking addiction (earning him this trip!). As you can imagine, this is a recipe for frayed nerves and fear. Even more so, because Mark faces the same challenges as our son. He could use some friendly faces, encouragement, people to ride with or even just to pat him on the back. Some tips on things he should see and experience while on the road (woah there, he's married ), Or any guidance will be appreciated and never forgotten. He's the greatest guy you will ever meet, he'll make you laugh and will always drive faster than you (so he will get the ticket ) We would be honoured to return the favour to anyone wanting to cross the border this way! It's awful pretty riding in these here Rocky Mountains!

• well Mark has never been on an adventure like this without his co-pilot. Instead, he'll be taking our autistic 13 year old son while I hold down the fort at the RV park. They leave for @Turbosling a month from today. Mark is also giving up a serious 30+ years, heavy smoking addiction (earning him this trip!). As you can imagine, this is a recipe for frayed nerves and fear. Even more so, because Mark faces the same challenges as our son. He could use some friendly faces, encouragement, people to ride with or even just to pat him on the back. Some tips on things he should see and experience while on the road (woah there, he's married ), Or any guidance will be appreciated and never forgotten. He's the greatest guy you will ever meet, he'll make you laugh and will always drive faster than you (so he will get the ticket ) We would be honoured to return the favour to anyone wanting to cross the border this way! It's awful pretty riding in these here Rocky Mountains!

I'm a little Southeast of where Mark and Son will be traveling, but to keep us informed --- most of us are just nuts enough to meet up with them along the way for a cup of coffee and Pie. (I gave up the booze and cigs 30 years ago so today
    I've got the play money for the sling) Good for him and you for this support.