Polaris Paint?

• I reached out to may Polaris dealer asking about paint and its availability. I was told that Colorite was the place to go and punch in your color code. My sling is ( I thought Navy Blue ) turns out it is Orion Blue and a 769 color code.

So I call Colorite and they say they do not have it nor will they be getting it. They tell me to contact my dealer for them to order it. BTDT Then they suggested I call Polaris. I did. I spoke with a man that was very nice but strangely enough could not tell me where, when, or how I could get the pant for my sling. That Polaris was "in-between" venders for paint. Really? They MAKE the slingshot and the paint from 2019 is "unavailable"? Then he told me to have it color matched. Hummm not sure I want to remove a panel to bring it in to be scanned BUT I did call a paint shop and asked. NOPE! The metal flake they can not do.

Can anybody out there offer this poor boy some help on how to get a rattle can or quart of Polaris 769 Orion Blue paint??

Frustrating...:/

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• STL765 is the part number. Orion is just a name. Car manufacturers paint will not match! Paint in early 2019 was switched to a PPG product to better work with the automated system in Huntsville. Slingshot color codes as of right now are not in the PPG computer system and may be proprietary in the future to protect dealer profits.
    You should be able to order the paint in quarts from dealer. Usually pearls are two parts with a base and Pearl top coat where metallics and solids are usually one part.... For professional applications.

Even the OEM touch up will not be an exact match but only close if applied right. Scans at jobbers work great if they are experienced..... if not it’s a crap shoot!
    Pearl is almost impossible to match via scan (I’ve had to spray 50 test panels to get some right!) but most metallics and solids can be scanned and g”tweaked” to match.

Scanning..... An OEM color part is scanned, entered into a code database and you are given a set number of codes closest to the scan of already available codes from all manufacturers (auto, cycle, ATV, etc.)

• Painter Impressed to say the least! THANK YOU!

My project is to paint the break calipers so perhaps If I can find an automotive product that will pass the 10' test that is the way I will go. Had no clue the Polaris products were so difficult, pricy, and unobtainable. How simple can it be to provide a rattle can of match paint... Geeezzz. Someone at the factory is dropping the ball! This should be a no-brainer and an off the shelf product.

What!? Does Polaris have some guy out back mixing up batches as they go?

With all the colors available in the SS having stock on the shelf seems like... dah!

• When wanting to buy a rear fender and the one I liked only comes in black I did some research and found the dealer sells rattle cans, Quarts, and paint touch up pens. I really doth i could get a good paint job on a rear fender with a rattle can so would have to go with a quart can and pay to have it painted. Maybe I really don't need a rear fender.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

My project is to paint the break calipers so perhaps If I can find an automotive product that will pass the 10' test that is the way I will go. Had no clue the Polaris products were so difficult, pricy, and unobtainable. How simple can it be to provide a rattle can of match paint... Geeezzz. Someone at the factory is dropping the ball! This should be a no-brainer and an off the shelf product.

With all the colors available in the SS having stock on the shelf seems like... dah!

Painter has custom painted over 50 Slingshots --- knows the paint and the Slingshot. You'll find most of them in the Painter gallery on the site.

• When wanting to buy a rear fender and the one I liked only comes in black I did some research and found the dealer sells rattle cans, Quarts, and paint touch up pens. I really doth i could get a good paint job on a rear fender with a rattle can so would have to go with a quart can and pay to have it painted. Maybe I really don't need a rear fender.

My dealer can not and will not get it... Passed me on to Polaris. Polaris passed me on to Colorite. They are "in-between" vendors. This really was a "lets just get a can of match paint and have a short garage day doing calipers ... what a rats nest it turned out to be. I have had a lot of luck with Duple-color so I will perhaps see if they have a close match for this.

Love ya SoCal ! I read almost every post from you and enjoy each one!

If it were easy to match all the colors of Slingshots, that fender guy would offer in every color! Fact is.... it’s not that easy.

Polaris has a magnificent automated paint facility.... the best I’ve seen for sure!
    Paint in most every color is housed in 500 gallon agitated vats and the computer is told what color to paint each individual part sent to the line..... and they don’t have to be the same color!,!,!,!

Part is entered.... what part is it? ..... what color to be painted? ...... and the computer takes over from there. It’s amazing! The “touch up” area is small and the percentage of parts that need attention is very small compared to manual paint.

Paint formulas are not given out to protect from copy cats and remember, touch up paints are a different paint that just emulates the OEM color. Quarts are the exact paint from the vats. Think of “touch up spray cans” as gloss enamel paint that can be applied without applying different layers or a clear protective coat on top. Touch up spray cans can give a great appearance if applied correctly.

• ......this is who painted 2 mototcycles for me http://www.nubgrafix.com/ ( you might know his face from Orange County Choppers, a wonderful person to deal with also ) , it was worth every penny especially my custom 15 Road Glide & people often ask me " where can i get my bike parts painted at"....and i always tell em "Don't ask Me, find one on your own" because ive seen body shop paint jobs all the way to show room competition art work and ive seen people get their bikes painted and the paint started cracking b4 the bike was finished assembled........So there for since i dont want to be blame for directing anyone to a bad paint job, i let em find a painter on their own.......