Roll Hoops - talk to me

• LOL, yup, a Sport Top could be made to work, but a bar attached across those great looking hoops would surely distract from their good looks, would it not?

Bill

Small chrome bar looks OK and when top is not on bar can be taken off. Thought I was going to see this Slingshot Sat but covid has is staying home.

• I prefer the stock hoops but it's just a matter of preference. I am thinking about getting them powder coated since the finish looks faded.

yep - finish on my hoops seems to be getting fades as well

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Small chrome bar looks OK and when top is not on bar can be taken off. Thought I was going to see this Slingshot Sat but covid has is staying home.

the assault hoops are a standard size roll bar tubing and I am sure it would be very easy to get some clamps to mount a cross bar with the meansling latch pin to the hoops - - even with my stock hoops I made a different cross piece for the latch pin because I wanted it to use the top holes in the hoops because the stock one kept sliding down in the hoops slots no matter how tight I bolted it - (I suspect the heat here impacted the plastic spacers)

Actually the meansling top has not worked well on my slingshot since I switched to the oem double bubble windshields - the bubbles lean further back than my single windshield and the top hits them when you try to open it restricting how far it can open by a huge amount making it hard to get in and out and rendering the meansling lift useless

this is the new cross bar I switched to and I am sure it could easily be adapted with clamps to the assault hoops - - but as I said in my OP I am pretty darn sure I wont be wanting a top anytime soon - - I just dont care for being closed in especially when its 115+ degrees - need all the air/wind I can get

i-NwJkJbq-X3.jpg

and this was how it fit installed using the upper slots in the hoops

i-psQfVkS-X2.jpg

• Agreed! Wish there was a way just to get them to polish up a bit?

Bill

aluminum usually polishes up very nicely I was given a nut cover by friend here that had been painted green and instead of painting it red I ended up polishing it. I suspect if a person wanted to they could remove the stock hoops and with the right tools polish them up to look very nice, but I am pretty sure it would be allot of work and still would not look as cool as the assault hoops

i-WPxDGJJ.jpg

• If I remember right Bill Martin has his chromed.

Yes - and for anybody thinking about chroming the roll bars just have the outside done in chrome and inside paint it black. Chrome will chip off on the inside - I know - it was done 3 times before me and chromer gave up

Yep. What isn’t wrapped is chromed... :evil:

Don’t tell anybody...

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• matte black for me

nah - - chrome all the way - - - got have the true AC Cobra look - - - can't afford the car, sot the hoops would have to do

• Yes - and for anybody thinking about chroming the roll bars just have the outside done in chrome and inside paint it black. Chrome will chip off on the inside - I know - it was done 3 times before me and chromer gave up

Don’t tell anybody...

Is that a Wrap in a can?!!!

Keep Three Wheels Down

• That happens when you get the Slingshot out and ride it.

As my daily driver year round mine is out all the time and most often in very strong sun

• Does anybody have pictures of the "Cobra" hoops with the tail fin still intact?

Bill

• There are pictures on slingmods with the fin

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info