Quad Conversion Gear ratio’s

• I had all the numbers in my head and on the way home I was about 15 miles from my house and my forward progress came to a halt.

I pulled off the side of the road and tried to start it and I noticed that when I turned the key on I didn't hear the fuel pump prime like you would normally. However I could hear it and it sounded sick.

I called my friend with the Maxey air bag trailer and he came to pick me up. When he got there his battery on the trailer was dead and he couldn't run the air compressor on the trailer. I told him we could just remove the battery out of my slingshot. So I popped the cover off the battery compartment and I could smell that burnt plastic smell. So I cut some of my zip ties and the fuse holder that runs up to my Walbro fuel pump came out far enough to see. It wasnt pretty. It was a melted pile of goo. The fuse was just melted into the fuse holder. So I cut the holder out and stripped the two ends and taped it all up.... I turned the key on and the fuel pump came to life just like it is supposed to....

I apologize but I can't remember the speeds and rpm. This morning I am going to put a new fuse block in and ill take it out again and ill carry a pen and paper with me.

Getting back to the fuse holder issue.. I'm going to guess that since there was absolutely no damage to the pump and no damage to the wire anywhere that the fuse holder must have just been a piece of junk. And the fact that when I removed the melted holder and connected the wires up straight it was perfect.

• I had the exact same thing happen on a brand new mower. I realize that big white beast is far from a mower but the same applies, I put in new fuse holder and have ran it for years without issue. Fuse was bouncing in and out and arcing. Glad you got it repaired.

FYI. Lawnmower shop burnt me for a battery and a stator before I found problem. A**holes.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• It looks like the terminals are a little oxidized. Possible the connection caused heat build up?

• I startout with the 3:27 ratio but switched to the 3:45 and for me, that’s the sweet spot!!!

I have a lot of miles on mine now and wouldn’t change a thing about it!

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• JoeF. Are you boosted. Did you find a significant difference in acceleration with the 3.45?

yes sir along with a few other power goodies....

Acceleration is stronger due to hooking up better although you can still bust em loose if you want to....8)

• Hi Everyone. I was looking for some information regarding the rear differential options on the project 324 set up (plus one & DDM). I’ve seen a brief description on the websites selling them, but was curious as to what to expect. I’m interested in one of the LSD options. I’m supercharged at about 350HP. I don’t know what the better option is between the 3.27 LSD and the 3.45 LSD. Any information would be much appreciated.

I can tell you after a few months, and I’m boosted a tad more than you, I had to stay in 4th gear until I was around 70mph, below that, in 5th gear mine struggled to accelerate or climb hills.....in stock form the tall 3;25 ratio might be ok, but mine just didn’t like that low of RPMs,.... once I swapped out to 3:45 ratio, big difference!!!!

• @JoeF I can see now why you would prefer the lower gears. My 3.27 is really geared high when my torque converter locks up in 4th and 5th. I have to stay in positive pressure (boost) all the time. Not a lot. But a few psi just to hold it at a constant speed because of the wind resistance. Of course when I need to pass someone I can lay into the gas and it will pull like a freight train up to whatever speed I want to run.

If not mistaken, cruising speeds seem to be close to 85mph in 3rd, 105mph in 4th, and 125mph in 5th. Those speeds are around 3200 to 3500 rpm. I will double check that the first dry day we have again.

I finally got around to seeing just how tall the gears are last weekend. I found out that I really need to reprogram the transmission so that it knows I have taller gears. It keeps trying to unlock the converter once I get up to 130mph and that sucks. It is a fairly simple process. I can just enter the new rear end gearing and all the shift points should adjust accordingly.

• Yup, RabTech you explain what I was trying to say better.... I knew your Auto would be different too.....

From what I remember, my RPMs were close to what you posted at speeds were for you.