POLARIS PULL YOUR HEAD OUT

• I'm not sure Most owners pour more money into them. Maybe the few owners that are die hard that participate in this forum but how many owners out there that are not on this or any forum?

The vast, and I mean vast ,majority of Slingshot purchasers do not participate in modding , Facebook or Forums, The only Slingshot world they know is the one that exists at the local Dealerships. Sad really, but also plenty of potential for future members, groups, customers etc. Consequently, I think you are going to see things change over the next couple of years.

Fortunately, the Slingshot Communities are starting to grow now, that production numbers are getting up there, and the new participants wandering in are thrilled with what they they are finding outside of the Dealerships. Though the vast majority of purchasers have yet to find the communities, I expect you will see that will change quickly.

Riders For Life is a new Community that is growing quickly. and with many of the new events, like the Houston Experience which DKF Texas and others are promoting, Communities are growing ! And no one should doubt the impact Ivor's Group, Slingshot Roadsters Events and Rallies, has had and will continue to have. The SOG organization has gotten off to a great start and we all hope they will continue to build on that , their FB Group is a very large and active one where slingshot comradery not only exists but is well promoted.

Also on an upbeat note, Polaris is starting to recognize the benefits of the different communities and you can see it reflected in their adds, many FB and some forum members have had their Slingshots featured in adds promoting the endless customizing available . Rallies and meets are now starting to get Polaris attention as well, as they realize the benefits of the communities.

I think and hope, you will see Polaris pursue those avenues further. as they build the Slingshot Brand, as they begin to see, the Communities are growing !

And Of Course, there is one organization that has spearheaded the Movement from day 1 , Thank you Slingshotinfo.com

• Our SlingShot still attracts the gawkers just as much as in the beginning five years ago mostly because most folks in this neck of the woods are still ignorant of their existence. I am sorry to relate that I am afraid that these communities of which you speak are going to be very localized. For example, here in the northwest, with the ever increasing decline of dealerships handling the SlingShot, the SlingShot is becoming more and more rare. Previous owners are selling, mostly with these SlingShots going out of the area, and potential owners are not interested in purchasing a SlingShot considering the distances to a participating dealer.

Bill

• back in the day....customized vans were the hot craze...there were van clubs, van ins which were long weekend events that you drove to and slept over which featured contests, live bands, tons of venders from t shirts to custom Van parts and food, Sunroofs and porthole windows, pin stripers, Air brushes, wet t shirt contests, best of show Van trophies, etc......Took about ten years to fade away......that said ....there are still VW beetle clubs, etc....the slingshot will still have its fans/enthusiasts .....but everything has a peak and a decline....the next big thing is always around the corner...

I still have horns honked at me, thumbs ups out the window, necks snapping to get a better look...I do have a unique looking SS and being that there are maybe only a handful in the area and I’ve not seen another one around with a roof.....seeing me coming is an event...LOL

• Five years. IF it lasts that long. Polaris will drop it to have money to spend on promoting their electric motorcycles.

I think the Slingshot is to Polaris what the Rocket 3 is to Triumph. A showpiece; for different reasons. The Rocket being the sheer audacity of a hulking brute of unbridled power, and the Slingshot a giant FU to conventional wisdom. Yes there are other 3 wheeled "cars"; but the SS brings it much closer to the masses price wise.

• the biggest issue we will face will be getting parts ....they only have to produce them for ten years after regular production ceases...

people still drive old cars..old motorcycles and there will always be SS enthusiasts around. And new vans are still popular

• This is not the last time I will say this, it's just one more time I say it and I will continue to say it:

The Slingshot is only half the fun. The other half is all the good and patient and HELPFUL people on this forum.

That is what truly makes the Slingshot experience what it is.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• the biggest issue we will face will be getting parts ....they only have to produce them for ten years after regular production ceases...

people still drive old cars..old motorcycles and there will always be SS enthusiasts around. And new vans are still popular

Not sure parts will be that big of an issue (for a while at least). The SS has been a relatively stable platform since inception until this year.

That 2.4L engine we drive is in alot of other cars; though not sure if it's still being used. I knew the Chevy Cruze and the Pontiac Solstice had the engine (both discontinued); but it's had a long run.