Everything on the 2nd Amendment

• I would love to carry; NJ has some quirky laws. Better for me, My dad owned two grocery stores. Seeing this crap in Buffalo not sure I could control myself. It's way out of control. ...and their worried about global warming?

• CZ Rami - 2075 is my go to carry for capacity. 12+1 but still has a very similar smaller profile like the S&W shield series but more capacity and weight obviously. With a neoprene belly band holster can wear this with shorts/joggers. It doesn't print and carries well on a normal dress built and shoots lights out. I train for center mass, all close encounters. This is one of my few carry pistols I feel confident pushing the normal engagement distance to 2-2.5x without any fear of missing.

• I bought a Shield but found with my small hands and carpal tunnel surgery while shooting the grip hit in the scar tissue and was very uncomfortable to shoot. Since the 9 C came out I have carried it every day. Carried a Springfield 45 and a M & P 45 but quit because of the weight and my back.

• I have a Shield in 9mm, 40 S&W, and 45. I like the 45 Shield the best and shoot it the best. Out to 10 yards I could take the buttons off the bad guys shirt and at 15 yards hold a 3' group. Eye sight starts to fail with iron sights at that distance. The Shield 45 doesn't have the snappy recoil that a 9mm defense load does and didn't like the 40 S&W at all.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• CZ Rami - 2075 is my go to carry for capacity. 12+1 but still has a very similar smaller profile like the S&W shield series but more capacity and weight obviously. With a neoprene belly band holster can wear this with shorts/joggers. It doesn't print and carries well on a normal dress built and shoots lights out. I train for center mass, all close encounters. This is one of my few carry pistols I feel confident pushing the normal engagement distance to 2-2.5x without any fear of missing.

Not gonna lie; a bit envious. I have a P07 that is presently the home defense weapon until I can get the scorpion build completed.

• I carry my Springfield Hellcat Pro daily and currently favor my Crossbreed OWB holster for it riding on my EDC Blue Alpha belt.

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• I carry my Springfield Hellcat Pro daily and currently favor my Crossbreed OWB holster for it riding on my EDC Blue Alpha belt.

Shadrac I see you have the TV set on yours. I recently picked up a Sig P365XL to add to the EDC arsenal and have been considering adding the Romeo Zero red dot. I've seen mixed reviews on that particular red dot but one thing holding me back is my uncertainty about target acquisition. I do have red dots on some of my .22 pistols but those are obviously strictly for target/plinking. No problem when shooting leisurely. What I don't know is if the red dot will help or hurt when the stuff hits the fan. I know that with practice I can get the mechanics and muscle memory down but you really can't train with the stress level on max. I feel like it's another complication that could cost me if I'm ever in a situation and I'm very comfortable in the normal range of engagement. Can you (and anyone else) give me your thoughts and opinion?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I have a lot of different pistols and revolvers with a assortment of red dots on them and really like most of them. Yes in a hurry if your grip is a little off you might not find the dot but practice with the gun you are going to carry will help with that. A red dot can be a blessing when you get older and those iron sights are hard to focus on. My accuracy is far better with my guns that have red dots.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Dots are just easier and way faster. After you shoot a few boxes you'll find you can still hit targets (self defense range) fairly accurately even with the dot "off" you'll have muscle memory of where it is in that screen normally. The tech in these though with the parallax shift is just super effective and can have a brand new pistol shooter hitting bullseye shots at self defense ranges. The biggest draw back is usually holsters that work with them and are still comfortable and it's one more thing to maintain / check at the range when you train.

• Dots are just easier and way faster. After you shoot a few boxes you'll find you can still hit targets (self defense range) fairly accurately even with the dot "off" you'll have muscle memory of where it is in that screen normally. The tech in these though with the parallax shift is just super effective and can have a brand new pistol shooter hitting bullseye shots at self defense ranges. The biggest draw back is usually holsters that work with them and are still comfortable and it's one more thing to maintain / check at the range when you train.

Thanks 3GunSteve , I'll probably give it a try. I really like the Clinger holsters and they offer them model specific, with or without a red dot. I just don't want to invest in a red dot and holster if I don't like the red dot. For now I'm using the basic Sig holster that came with the pistol. OWB only. The Clinger does both plus appendix which is not for me.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Shadrac I see you have the TV set on yours. I recently picked up a Sig P365XL to add to the EDC arsenal and have been considering adding the Romeo Zero red dot. I've seen mixed reviews on that particular red dot but one thing holding me back is my uncertainty about target acquisition. I do have red dots on some of my .22 pistols but those are obviously strictly for target/plinking. No problem when shooting leisurely. What I don't know is if the red dot will help or hurt when the stuff hits the fan. I know that with practice I can get the mechanics and muscle memory down but you really can't train with the stress level on max. I feel like it's another complication that could cost me if I'm ever in a situation and I'm very comfortable in the normal range of engagement. Can you (and anyone else) give me your thoughts and opinion?

As mentioned by others - practice is the key.
    After I got this one - learned to sight it in at the range and practice with it - I have found I love the dot.

As you can see - it aligns with the sights well - so light, dark, etc - it doesn't mess with the BUIS at all, just compliments them.

I feel I can get on target much faster today with the red dot.

When stuff hits the fan - it's muscle memory at that point, and that is another reason I practice drawing every day - and take my EDC to the range every week that I can.

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.