Better ride

• just FYI, if new tire diameter is within 10mm of old diameter, your speed will be accurate within 3% - this means at 70 mph, your speedometer is off no more than 2mph. (10mm larger, 70 mph on speedo, 72 mph actual. 10 mm smaller, 70 mph on speedo = 68 mph actual.)

Hope that helps some.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• If that's the case, why didn't they weld the seats in place so nobody could change those either? Why did they waste money installing a drain plug in the oil wanted you to use Polaris oil? Geeze bro. Not everything in life is a conspiracy

you don’t get speeding tickets because youR seat is not adjusted or your oil is dirty.

The wheel size between a plain SS and SL is 2”

The Speedo will be off if it isn’t reset.

Everything is a conspiracy... you’ll find out.

• Thanks for the info. I know that i was one of the people passing along that front wheel information - because that's what I was told by someone we would all recognize as an expert (name withheld).

That being said, I think my speedo is off by about 10%, basing that on my speedo vs GPS readings. I've got the Twist Dynamics 22" in the rear and 20" on the front. No way to correct it? (On my truck, just needed to reprogram the ECM.)

I was one of the people who used to talk about staying w/in 4% or so of the ratio between your front and rear tires to avoid nanny problems, but I think folks have shown that to not necessarily be the case.

IIRC, someone said Polaris only offers two ECU settings for the rear tire to accommodate either the 265/35-18 Base or 255/35-20 & 305 SL/SLR rear tires. AFAIK, the only way to get an accurate speedo reading with a 22" rear tire would be to run a very low profile tire to try and match the overall tire height of the SL rear tire. I'd assume the vendors who sell 22" rear tires/wheels for the Slingshot have already done the necessary fitments to minimized speedo error.

• wheel size is 2 inches, but what is the difference with the tires installed? - - wheel size alone is pretty much irrelevant

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• MANY, MANY years ago, I bought a VERY used Triumph Herald. Don't remember the year, but they were made from 1959 to 1971. Dumbest car purchase I ever made. It was Brit crap from end to end, but it was a SPORTS CAR!!! No, it wasn't. The shift lever felt like it was in a bucket of pudding. The ride was comparable to a buck board with no springs and steel wheels.

Before that, I had a '49 Chevy and a '38 Chevy coupe (solid front axle). I think I was the 3rd or 4th owner of each of them.

The Sling floats on air.

• MANY, MANY years ago, I bought a VERY used Triumph Herald. Don't remember the year, but they were made from 1959 to 1971. Dumbest car purchase I ever made. It was Brit crap from end to end, but it was a SPORTS CAR!!! No, it wasn't. The shift lever felt like it was in a bucket of pudding. The ride was comparable to a buck board with no springs and steel wheels.

Before that, I had a '49 Chevy and a '38 Chevy coupe (solid front axle). I think I was the 3rd or 4th owner of each of them.

The Sling floats on air.

I miss my old 1980 MGB.

The Sling floats on air.

my brother in law has a Triumph TR 4 A I believe, and its supercharged - - - not sure how the ride is though, but I suspect my Slingshot with the JRI GT's is better

i-jmmzRcn-X3.jpg

• For 2015-2017 Slingshots and, I assume, all 1st gen Slingshots with the Ecotec motor/transmission package the speedometer is driven off the transmission, so the rear wheel diameter can affect speedometer accuracy. See Post # 108 here - Stock rear SL rim - how wide of a tire?

I had my sling on the lift today doing some work and testing and had it moving slowly in 2nd gear and noticed the speedometer and it reminded me about this thread.

The original GM transmission might have had a sensor for speed, but Polaris is not using it.

• I had my sling on the lift today doing some work and testing and had it moving slowly in 2nd gear and noticed the speedometer and it reminded me about this thread.

The original GM transmission might have had a sensor for speed, but Polaris is not using it.

I guess that answers that 8o

• I had my sling on the lift today doing some work and testing and had it moving slowly in 2nd gear and noticed the speedometer and it reminded me about this thread.

Seems odd that the 2015-2017 Service manual specifically references the speed sensor at the transmission.