who has a MADSTAD adjustable..Need help

• what side adjustable Madstad do you have??? 6

1. 9" (6) 100%
    2. 11" (0) 0%

Ok..I have a bit of a dilemma. Im on verge of ordering a Madstas Adjustable, but just want to make sure I order right size as I have only seen a 13" which is to tall. As we know stock on a SL is 9" so, I know 9"=11 raised & 11"=13 raised. I going with medium grey for best of both worlds day/night riding. Im 5'-11"

If you can answer the poll would be appreciated...As always thanks Fellers!

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• Ok..I have a bit of a dilemma. Im on verge of ordering a Madstas Adjustable, but just want to make sure I order right size

talk to Cameron Roberts...... If you get the 9", when it is fully raised up, it will be more than 2" higher than stock Polaris. When all the way lowered, it is the same height as stock. I have 7" for summer, might get 9" blade only (about $160, so I am told) for winter. I have medium gray & I like it

• Bones, I'm 5' 9-1/2", 30" inseam, have PRP seats & a 9" bronze. With windshield tilted all the way forward & all the way down, I am still looking over it (this is where I like to run it). I can still raise it pretty high before I would start to be looking through it.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Bones, I'm 5' 9-1/2", 30" inseam, have PRP seats & a 9" bronze. With windshield tilted all the way forward & all the way down, I am still looking over it (this is where I like to run it). I can still raise it pretty high before I would start to be looking through it.

mama-mia :00008084: I see different recommendations..so that's where I was confused..some say for my height go 11", but then read some same height go with 9 and good

• 5'7 here and fits me line of sight about 1" above ...which is perfect..your best bet if you can wait is to fine some SS folks and sit behind theirs and see whats cookin..!

• I can't answer the poll properly, because I have both. Which one is best depends on how you set up your seat. I drive with the seat laid back a bit so my arms are fairly straight. The 9" is perfect for looking over when it's raised an inch or more. I can wear a hat with no worries about it blowing off. I use the 11" in the winter so it can be in the down position and keeps the cockpit warmer.

• 5'7 here and fits me line of sight about 1" above ...which is perfect..your best bet if you can wait is to fine some SS folks and sit behind theirs and see whats cookin..!

That's the problem no one has one here.. ?(

• 6' and I sit all the way back with seat reclined as far as it will go ( a click a guess) and I run the 9" lt grey. I see over it well by a few inches with it raised all the way up. I wanna say I see about 15 feet of road directly in front of the sling when I look down though the windshield if that makes sense to you. I love the ability to be able to lower it for colder weather. For the most part I really like it. The only two issues I have are, I tried tilting it back fully to get more air and it whistled pretty loud, but I haven't tried adjusting it to see if there is a sweet spot that will give more airflow and not make noise. More concerning to me is that at highway speeds it flexes quite a bit on the front between the center support and the side brackets.

Edited once, last by bubba: accuracy ().

• I used to be 6'1"and currently have a MadStad 13" windshield. I rederilled it to lower it about 1" during cold weather. When lowered, it can touch the hood, so I usually keep it just off the hood. I also need to raise the shield if I want to open the hood. When in the lowered position I can easily see over the windshield. When I use the factory holes the bottom of the shield is about 2" off the hood and I need to stretch my neck to see over the windshield.
    Rain-X makes a version for use with plastic windshields and Plexus Plastic Cleaner, Protectant and Polish does a great job of cleaning the windshield and removing minor scratches.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I've got a 7 and a 9..The 9 is the most used and does the best job of eliminating turbulence while still allowing a good flow of air. I'm 3" shorter than you and had 2" added to my PRP seat cushion to comfortably look over it. Most likely, if you get the 11", you'll be looking through it whether it's up or down. With the 9" you can look through or over depending on setting.

• Sorry gang, I've been off the forums for a bit due to the Smokies rally. I have the 9" and it's great for my height 6'1". I look over it in all positions. DKF Texas installed her 7" bronze at Maggie valley and that thing is sexy. I have tested mine well into the 120's. Do not be concerned about flex. It is flexible and will not be damaged by just a bit of wiggle. In fact the forward and back adjustment requires you to bend the shield. This is the way it is designed and it will not hurt it. I am extremely satisfied with my Madstad.

• Sorry gang, I've been off the forums for a bit due to the Smokies rally. I have the 9" and it's great for my height 6'1". I look over it in all positions. DKF Texas installed her 7" bronze at Maggie valley and that thing is sexy. I have tested mine well into the 120's. Do not be concerned about flex. It is lexan and will not be damaged by just a bit of wiggle. In fact the forward and back adjustment requires you to bend the shield. This is the way it is designed and it will not hurt it. I am extremely satisfied with my Madstad.

Cameron, I don't believe the Madstadt is Lexan, I think it's regular plexi (acrylic).

• Here is some follow up. I emailed MadStad a week ago with my concerns about their product and included my contact info but haven't heard back from them. Guess they're busy over there. On an interesting note the other day I met up with a fellow sling brother and it looks like my shield is half as thick. Maybe that's why mine flexes so much. Do they make their windshields in different thicknesses? I don't see an option on their website.