Corona Virus

• I had one of these and thought I was the coolest kid in the courthouse 😂. Seems like I remember it was like close to $1 a minute to talk..

When I was a Private in the Army, this was the cell phone that a General Officer carried around and when he got tired of carrying it, he handed it to me because I was his radio operator... lol 😄

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Riverside County

3643 cases in the county and 141 deaths - - if my math is correct that would be equal to a 3.87% death rate so basically almost 4 out of every 100 have died

To put that in perspective the annual death rate from the flu is typically around .1% which would equal 1 out of every 1,000 dying

so in riverside county so far this virus has been 38.7 times more deadly than we would historically expect from the flu

of course we have years and years of data on the flu and only 3 months of data on this virus so in the end these numbers could be hugely off in either direction

As a side note I don't really worry much about these numbers for myself, but I have a granddaughter who has asthma and I would absolutely die if I unknowingly brought this thing home and transferred it to her, - - yep - me and the wife are going to keep playing it safe for the time being :thumbup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• The only points of difficulty with your math are:

1. Asymptomatic cases - very prevalent among the young & otherwise healthy.

2. Known & tested cases are significantly less than actual cases.

3. "Death accounting" is inaccurate. Some organizations are recording death from almost any cause as "Covid-19". Other organizations skew the other way (North Korea!)

I think actual cases are far more prevalent (by the millions) than reported cases.

Lethality also varies tremendously by demographic (age, preexisting conditions, etc). A general percentage, even if you could get an accurate one, would not tell anyone anything meaningful.

We need more information.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I am well aware of the flaws in the numbers without a testing of every single person in the county we dont even have the denominator of the fraction to know the real number of cases and the fact that they seem to be crediting the virus as cause of death for anyone who dies and happens to test positive makes that number very iffy at best

Just about the only thing I think can accurately be taken from this is that right now with what very little real hard numbers we do have about this virus is that trying to compare it to the flu, as some seem to want to do, with its years and years of historic data is simply not possible at this point in time

even so I choose to expect the worst and pray for the best - - if I'm going to be wrong I would rather be wrong in the way that keeps those I care about safe

• I am well aware of the flaws in the numbers without a testing of every single person in the county we dont even have the denominator of the fraction to know the real number of cases and the fact that they seem to be crediting the virus as cause of death for anyone who dies and happens to test positive makes that number very iffy at best

Just about the only thing I think can accurately be taken from this is that right now with what very little real hard numbers we do have about this virus is that trying to compare it to the flu, as some seem to want to do, with its years and years of historic data is simply not possible at this point in time

even so I choose to expect the worst and pray for the best - - if I'm going to be wrong I would rather be wrong in the way that keeps those I care about safe

I don’t think testing for antibodies is going to be accurate....people that had it and tested negative ...50-60-70 days later are again testing positive....Either the tests are wrong or something weird is going on....I know people that say they were sick like never before in November and December....none of the typical symptoms.....

• I don’t think testing for antibodies is going to be accurate....people that had it and tested negative ...50-60-70 days later are again testing positive....Either the tests are wrong or something weird is going on....I know people that say they were sick like never before in November and December....none of the typical symptoms.....

I dont know about testing about antibodies - would have value if we knew it indicated immunity but we do not know that

I was talking about testing to see who has it - - to know the death rate as a fraction we need 2 factual numbers - bottom of fraction all of the people who have or have had the virus / top of fraction all of the people actually killed by the virus - - right now without testing we have no clue what the bottom numbers is - - there could literally be millions of people who have had or have this and never even knew it and the top number we have, the number of deaths is being counted in a way where it seems anyone who dies and has the virus they are saying the virus is the cause of death - - seriously I am not being 100% serious, but it almost seems that if someone with the virus were hit by a car and killed they would report it as a Covid-19 death