2020 Slingshot

• Had our new GT a couple of weeks. It definitely rides better, is smoother, steers better, the engine performs well and it loves to rev! the new dash instrumentation and ride command module and general cockpit layout is much nicer than the older models. Still getting used to the Sling top, but it seems nice overall.

the pluses for the new 2020 are all around..... it performs better, drives better and is generally an improvement in almost every area.

even the new Auto Drive transmission isn’t bad, I am actually getting used to it and it works well. I still prefer a regular stick shift but it is nice sometimes to not have to worry about the clutch. I can live with it, but some of the performance geeks better stick with the clutch.

So far my negatives are few. Some won’t like the Auto Drive, but it is actually pretty good. The ride command has a lot of loose ends and I think those will get resolved as I learn more about it, and with App and software updates.

The initial Passcode reset AT THE DEALER, BUFORE IT LEAVES THE LOT, is a PITA but really a minor delivery issue.

So..... all in all I like it, I have had one minor design issue with damage to my rear fender when I hit a pothole and the softer suspension bottomed against the license plate. It was probably a fluke accident but it might be worth moving the license plate on units with a factory rear fender (like my GT) . Now I have to get the rear fender repainted on my 2 week old sling, and the special GT paint might be a challenge!

so, a few tweeks and I would say the 2020 is a winner. It is definitely better in almost all ways! The Grand Touring paint is striking and it gets plenty of looks?

The dark GT Green color and dark air dam demand some additional LED trim lights in spite of the new improved front lighting, so a few addition LED strips will be on the agenda soon! But we really like our sling lite up!

Our old #164 2015 Base sling was a great adventure with 5 SSITS, two trips to Colorado and 31000 miles. She was a good ride! Now a new adventure is ahead!

Gary and Ina
    From Ellijay GA

:D:love:

• Hello Stranger, It is good to see you back

• We were on a trip to Charlotte NC to see the Nascar race last weekend. Dropped by the Polaris dealer and walked out with the Grand Touring. Since we were in the motorhome, the wife drove it 550 miles back home. Guess we need an oil change. :)

• We were on a trip to Charlotte NC to see the Nascar race last weekend. Dropped by the Polaris dealer and walked out with the Grand Touring. Since we were in the motorhome, the wife drove it 550 miles back home. Guess we need an oil change. :)

Probably the only time you will get to drive it is when it needs gas or an oil change...rest of the time you willbe riding 'bitich'............

I changed the oil in my 2020 GT about 3 weeks ago. I used 5W 15 Amsoil. I get the best performance and mileage useing Non Ethenol gas. My best mileage has been 33.2 MPG at 60 MPH. I never got figures like that on my 2019 GT. Just info you might be interested in. I love my new GT.

• I changed the oil in my 2020 GT about 3 weeks ago. I used 5W 15 Amsoil. I get the best performance and mileage useing Non Ethenol gas. My best mileage has been 33.2 MPG at 60 MPH. I never got figures like that on my 2019 GT. Just info you might be interested in. I love my new GT.

Correction!!! 5W 50 Amsoil.

• I went out in it yesterday to get the 500 mile service. The dealer I bought it from paid for it because the did not rest my passcode. The first one has to be done by the dealer so they can pull the code from the computer. I’m having issues with a dealer having the right equipment to do it. The 2 closest dealers near me don’t have the equipment.
    I am finding out dealers don’t know much about the 2020’s. I’m also trying to figure out the connection for my phone. I finally have it synced to show contacts, but when calling on my iPhone I have an option to use phone, speaker, or “when connected” Slingshot. When I hit slingshot it will go back to the phone???

• BTW: if you have the automatic as we do I was concerned about parking on a hill with just the parking break holding it. I found out that if you shut down with it in gear, it will stay in gear like the manuals. Then when you go to start it will shift to neutral.