What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Not a mod but I hoses mine off to day. The shed isn't air tight and gets a lot of dust. She had gotten to the point where there was no shine and I want to drive her over to a buddy's to give him a 3D print I did for his new electric bike. Just a water jet from the garden hose and a air dry and she is shining like new.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I was going to give mine a good detailing, but towing it up over 500 miles will dirty it up anyways. Plus everyone there will be checking out Slingshots (and babes. lol) and not my Vanderhall. Sure will be nice to see if the Slingshot with the single rear tire and wheel drive is much different than my Vanderhall with front wheel drive. I would think having 2 front wheels pulling you out of the turns may be a little better, but I'm sure it's going to be a whole different feel to it

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I was going to give mine a good detailing, but towing it up over 500 miles will dirty it up anyways. Plus everyone there will be checking out Slingshots (and babes. lol) and not my Vanderhall. Sure will be nice to see if the Slingshot with the single rear tire and wheel drive is much different than my Vanderhall with front wheel drive. I would think having 2 front wheels pulling you out of the turns may be a little better, but I'm sure it's going to be a whole different feel to it

I'm not so sure. I've only seen one Vanderhall in the wild and it was going in the opposite direction. I'm pretty curious. Will you let rabtech do a burnout on yours? You know, for the crowd.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

Glad your coming, I'll be in Mon pm.

• I'm not so sure. I've only seen one Vanderhall in the wild and it was going in the opposite direction. I'm pretty curious. Will you let rabtech do a burnout on yours? You know, for the crowd.

No disrespect to Robert t all, but I don't think he'll be able to fit comfortably inside the Vanderhall. It's a really tight fit

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• My "mod" today was using my newly delivered M20x1.5 thread chaser on my pivot shaft threads. I can now use my fingers to tighten the pivot shaft nut until it touches the swing-arm's outer bearing. I had noticed how tight is was, needing a ratchets and socket to turn the nut even when it was not touching the bearing. Removed the nut and realized I must have had some grit or something that made the nut difficult to turn that also seemed to have left some rough spots on the shaft threads. Chose the tread chaser since it's not designed to cut threads, juts improve them. I know that some people use dies to clean threads, but I was afraid I might get a die stated crooked and end up really screwing up the pivot shaft threads even worse.

I still need to make sure I remove all of the Silicone lube spray I used during the thread-chasing process since I don't want to risk any left-over lube causing the pivot shaft nut to lose tension once I finish trying to get the darned belt tension loosened and the belt alignment readjusted. I've lost count o how many times I've adjusted the belt to track near the inside of the pulley only to have it move all the way to the right during my test drive.:(

• One of my Trooper Buddies bought a 2022 slingshot and his wife wanted lights put on, got them done and now she wants more lights so waiting on the others to come in. I do have to say I am impressed with the new dash and interior. I did take it out for a spin a few times lol. This one seems to shift better than my 17 model and the power steering seems to be a lot better as well. Does make me want a new one for sure. Also added the lower lights from Tric led and there underglow.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• if your a 12 year old I guess.

I've been 12 since I was about 14.

It's a blessing and a curse, depends who your with.

My wife is use to it, and fell for me because of it.

With others it causes pain, and I don't want to do that.

So I have committed the 12 in me to her only. Girthwise.............wait........what?.........

What did you mean???

:00008356::00008356::00008356::00008356::00008356::00008356::00008172::00008172::00008172::00008172::00008172::00008172::00008172:

:00000441:

:00000436:

(Wow Bladester, hope you find your inner child one day so you might have fun!)

:00000450:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• My "mod" today was using my newly delivered M20x1.5 thread chaser on my pivot shaft threads. I can now use my fingers to tighten the pivot shaft nut until it touches the swing-arm's outer bearing.

OK, just thinking here, that maybe the nut was designed to remain tight while adjusting for a reason? I would be willing to bet if you were to try a brand new nut on a brand new shaft that you could not turn the nut with your fingers by design?

Like I said, just thinking out loud here?

Bill

• BKL this is way above my pay grade and needless to say there are countless ones on this form who could probably speak to this better however it has always been my experience that bolts and nuts should be effortless when combining the two. The only nut I know of that is meant to be difficult is the aircraft nut with a nylon insert.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Nice! And as I’ve said before you can never have too much carbon fiber!!

the only carbon fiber in my sling is the solid slab that is my ZZP radio face plate - - and I love it.

I will add that if I had a bunch of discretionary cash laying around I love to add these carbon fiber rear deck humps but now that I am retired discretionary cash is better spent on travel - - as to the carbon fiber accents that are attached with adhesive I am just not comfortable trusting it - our heat here in the desert tends to eventually weaken and dry out most of these things - heck I have gone so far as to remove all of the factory stuck on badging as such as much as I like the look of the CF accents that are available I will pass - - this might be the only adhesive attached CF I would consider - just to cover the "POLARIS"

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies