What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Wonder if the will fit with a roof. I have the stinger top with Sling Low luggage racks

Yes, that was what by friend used with the stinger roof and my luggage racks. Slinglow's rack is a take off of what I built in 2015. If you are lucky you may find a set of mine, I shipped across the USA. but only made 14 sets. I know where two sets are and one could be for sale. I am still running the proto type set.

• Yes, that was what by friend used with the stinger roof and my luggage racks. Slinglow's rack is a take off of what I built in 2015. If you are lucky you may find a set of mine, I shipped across the USA. but only made 14 sets. I know where two sets are and one could be for sale. I am still running the proto type set.

Wouldn't you know I have one of your original sets that Sling low sold me...

While I hope that doesn't upset you due to our differences of opinions at times, I actually consider it an honor to have something you made.

Hope all is well Gerald!

• Cold/cool weather has arrived. I reinstalled my heated seat pads yesterday. Inexpensive item $25 - 30 bucks. I wish I did it earlier. My back has been sore and it really felt like a therapeutic joy ride. Rider plugs into the outlet between the seats. Passenger plugs into the glove compartment. If anyone has a sore back it's a good buy!

• Cold/cool weather has arrived. I reinstalled my heated seat pads yesterday. Inexpensive item $25 - 30 bucks. I wish I did it earlier. My back has been sore and it really felt like a therapeutic joy ride. Rider plugs into the outlet between the seats. Passenger plugs into the glove compartment. If anyone has a sore back it's a good buy!

Do you know if with a splitter the center outlet between the seats can take the load of both of those plugged in?

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Frankie55

Seriously consider getting a set of these.
    I got one for the small of my back and Paula said she didn’t need one. Six months later she said her back was hurting so I got her one. These will never leave the slingshot they make an absolutely incredible difference!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Frankie55

Seriously consider getting a set of these.
    I got one for the small of my back and Paula said she didn’t need one. Six months later she said her back was hurting so I got her one. These will never leave the slingshot they make an absolutely incredible difference!

Have that exact pad in my Genesis, love it

Love my heated elements i have installed under my seat covers, guess thats why i was willing to go for a ride to philly yesterday for that slingshot event but the other 7 riders i ride with werent (they said it was too cold) 🤣🤣🤣

• Do you know if with a splitter the center outlet between the seats can take the load of both of those plugged in?

we ran with that set up with a splitter in between the seats and I put a round magnet on each of the controllers and glued the other magnet on each side of the center consul. The set up worked pretty well but over time we got tired of the wires being everywhere. Last year we went to the heated vests and I just bought another set of batteries and we haven’t looked back.

These vests have been an incredible investment, last a very long time and it keeps the cabin a little less congested and we still get to use the lumbar support that I have up above. Just a thought.

• Most former bikers have leather jackets and gloves from their biker days but for those that went straight into a slingshot DONT.......At least thats what I'm finding out........there will be a few good days to ride from here to March ( just a few ) but you have to dress right or your teeth will be chattering 🥶

• Do you know if with a splitter the center outlet between the seats can take the load of both of those plugged in?

One thing if you use that outlet it's "hot" all the time (I wish it wasn't) so you have to remember to unplug after the ride. The heated covers I have automatically shut off after 30 minutes and require a reset but the small LED light showing power remains lit even after ignition shut down. I suppose it's still a small draw and best to unplug.

• One thing if you use that outlet it's "hot" all the time (I wish it wasn't) so you have to remember to unplug after the ride. The heated covers I have automatically shut off after 30 minutes and require a reset but the small LED light showing power remains lit even after ignition shut down. I suppose it's still a small draw and best to unplug.

Personally i had to remove that center plug because it was hot always, replaced it with a double usb plug and wired it so it comes on when the slingshot comes on like the glovebox one, sometimes i wonder who at polaris did this......

• Love my heated elements i have installed under my seat covers, guess thats why i was willing to go for a ride to philly yesterday for that slingshot event but the other 7 riders i ride with werent (they said it was too cold) 🤣🤣🤣

Wow, I'm about 12 -15 miles outside Philly. Sorry I didn't hear of the event. I don't do the social media stuff outside this forum. Yea, a permanent set up like you have is the best way to go. Perhaps if I get the ambition some day? Hope you had a good time and a good show!

• Most former bikers have leather jackets and gloves from their biker days but for those that went straight into a slingshot DONT.......At least thats what I'm finding out........there will be a few good days to ride from here to March ( just a few ) but you have to dress right or your teeth will be chattering 🥶

Spot on!

When we first started riding the SS we asked each other “what is SS attire”. Turns out it’s biker + whatever you want it to be. 😎

• Wow, I'm about 12 -15 miles outside Philly. Sorry I didn't hear of the event. I don't do the social media stuff outside this forum. Yea, a permanent set up like you have is the best way to go. Perhaps if I get the ambition some day? Hope you had a good time and a good show!

I posted it on this forum in the event section but didnt go myself , didn't feel like traveling alone, plus im into Formula one racing , so i been in front of the tv watching that this weekend. .......i wanted to go to find someone with a supercharger to check out b4 i dive in. ...

• Kept all my biker stuff. I have a complete set of leathers and those pants and come in handy several times. The jacket keeps all the cold air out but the orange and black color just doesn't work with my blue SS.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Well guess what I got to use today?

After replacing my speaker wire because the stereo stopped working saying my speaker wires were bad (thought i might of had a short), spent 6 hrs Sat doing that, didn't work. Found instead it was a bad soldered connection for the amp turn on (15 mins Sun).

Went to start the SS and I got the low battery 9.6V warning...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• we ran with that set up with a splitter in between the seats and I put a round magnet on each of the controllers and glued the other magnet on each side of the center consul. The set up worked pretty well but over time we got tired of the wires being everywhere. Last year we went to the heated vests and I just bought another set of batteries and we haven’t looked back.

These vests have been an incredible investment, last a very long time and it keeps the cabin a little less congested and we still get to use the lumbar support that I have up above. Just a thought.

I hae been riding with the heated vest and the pants for the last 4 years.

• That's the perfect spot for jump ports, then maybe behind the seat, then on the back where I put them is probably the worst spot you could do it... lol

You get a bluetooth receiver on that amp?