What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• This is why I love ordering from Slingmods - - being as close as they are things get here fast - 2 days and Bam!

New DDM Gas cap :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Did an initial hook up of the Boss audio MRCP9685A from slingmods. It's leaps and bounds better than the stock receiver! Graphics, sound all way better. Two things I'm trying to work out. Unfortunately to upload android auto you have to tap into the parking brake wiring. It won't upload unless the break is enguaged and it doesn't recognize without the input (I believe it's fine as is with apple car play). I hoped the Scoche harness would have handled this, not so. Have this on order. Hoping it works.

Amazon.com: DIYBypass Parking Brake Bypass (2 Pack): for Select Pioneer, Jensen, Kenwood, JVC, Sony, Boss & Clarion Models: Multi-Pulse Video In Motion w/LED Power Check Light : Electronics

No radio reception. Never found the radio cable jack? Going to do some further looking and if I can't come up with something I'll just use I heart radio, forever radio. Or pandora which works now through bluetooth.

• Did an initial hook up of the Boss audio MRCP9685A from slingmods. It's leaps and bounds better than the stock receiver! Graphics, sound all way better. Two things I'm trying to work out. Unfortunately to upload android auto you have to tap into the parking brake wiring. It won't upload unless the break is enguaged and it doesn't recognize without the input (I believe it's fine as is with apple car play). I hoped the Scoche harness would have handled this, not so. Have this on order. Hoping it works.

Amazon.com: DIYBypass Parking Brake Bypass (2 Pack): for Select Pioneer, Jensen, Kenwood, JVC, Sony, Boss & Clarion Models: Multi-Pulse Video In Motion w/LED Power Check Light : Electronics

No radio reception. Never found the radio cable jack? Going to do some further looking and if I can't come up with something I'll just use I heart radio, forever radio. Or pandora which works now through bluetooth.

Do you mean you couldn't find the antenna cable on your Slingshot or you couldn't find where the antenna cable connected on the back of the radio? The antenna should be under the rear deck and the cable should be somewhere in the radio cubby area.

Here's a picture from the Boss Audio website -

• Do you mean you couldn't find the antenna cable on your Slingshot or you couldn't find where the antenna cable connected on the back of the radio? The antenna should be under the rear deck and the cable should be somewhere in the radio cubby area.

Here's a picture from the Boss Audio website -

Many thanks. I'm good with the input on the Boss head unit and knowing the antenna is under the rear hump. Just can't locate the jack in the radio cubby area. Never imagined something that simple would be an issue! I'll have to get under there with a strong light and give a look,

The stock slingshot radio set-up is strange with a separate radio and display unit!

Thanks for the help!

• Many thanks. I'm good with the input on the Boss head unit and knowing the antenna is under the rear hump. Just can't locate the jack in the radio cubby area. Never imagined something that simple would be an issue! I'll have to get under there with a strong light and give a look,

The stock slingshot radio set-up is strange with a separate radio and display unit!

Thanks for the help!

Holy molly! I found the antenna hook=up! It's actually in the engine bay! It runs into lower end of the radio receiver unit (aft unit). Now the big issue is how to run to the Boss receiver!

VV11B40

• Holy molly! I found the antenna hook=up! It's actually in the engine bay! It runs into lower end of the radio receiver unit (aft unit). Now the big issue is how to run to the Boss receiver!

VV11B40

It's about an inch to short! Hah! I miss Tripod

Have one of these on order! Should fix that!

Amazon.com: 12" Universal Male Female Car AM FM Antenna Extension/Extender Cable : Automotive

• Well I made a decision that a 305 22’ rear was more important then my GT fender so ordered a new one that will be here next week. Won’t receive my new wheels until Maggie Valley but that’s OK. So if anybody looking for a good spare set of rims and tires let me know.

• Well I made a decision that a 305 22’ rear was more important then my GT fender so ordered a new one that will be here next week. Won’t receive my new wheels until Maggie Valley but that’s OK. So if anybody looking for a good spare set of rims and tires let me know.

A 315/25/22 will fit under the Polaris 305 fender as well.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Received the parking brake bypass wire needed for the correct hook-up of the Boss stereo receiver & an android phone connecting to android auto. I also needed an antenna extension, Note, It's not necessary to cut or alter any stock slingshot harness or accessory. The scosche 2014-up (not sure if up implies the 2nd generation) slingshot harness PL01CRTB is a plug and play into the stock harness.

The solder (or crimp) connections required run into the pin connector supplied with the boss receiver and the speakers are shown below. Also, if using and android phone showing the connections for the parking break bypass (also shown below). All the blue wires are for the front and rear speakers running directly to the speaker connections. I did not splice into the stock harness. I took apart the pods removed the harness and used spade connectors with new wire directly to the speakers. Hope this helps anyone.

Not shown the atenna hookup and microphone & backup hook-up. They are in the back of the stereo.

VV11B40

EricRedSL

128077-pasted-from-clipboard-png

128078-pasted-from-clipboard-png

128081-stereo-install-7-jpg

The following pictures don't do justice. The garage LED light is on (It's actually light in the garage) and the overhead light is putting a glare on the screen, but it will give a general idea. backup camera, motorcycle in the left background.

128082-stereo-install-8-jpg

Navigation, I need to adjust the settings.

128083-stereo-install-10-jpg

Here's the tricky part. I don't know any way to preadjust the depth of the stereo in the cradle. It's too far forward. A major hassle. You can't put the shroud on first because you need to install the forward pushpins, the shroud blocks all access. The only solution I can think of is measuring the gap (I put the front pushpins in to get an accurate measurement. Then remove the cowling and adjust accordingly.

128084-stereo-insatall-9-jpg

One more note. It's helpful to tie dental floss to the pushpins to avoid some choice words. You can cut off after the pins are set. You'll need long needle nose plyers for the install if you don't have

128085-stereo-install-11-jpg

Hope this helps anyone accomplishing the set up! I'll be finishing up tomorrow.

• okay - - got the exhaust heat shield and coil cover installed - so that is it for my under hood mods - here is the before and after

personally I think for $25 the GM heat shield from DDM might be one of the best bang for the buck mods you might be able to get - - - Thank you Dave@DDMWorks for taking the time to find this and make it available :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• okay - - got the exhaust heat shield and coil cover installed - so that is it for my under hood mods - here is the before and after

personally I think for $25 the GM heat shield from DDM might be one of the best bang for the buck mods you might be able to get - - - Thank you Dave@DDMWorks for taking the time to find this and make it available :thumbsup:

Thanks for the smile this morning Edward Neal! Why, you ask? I am attaching a link to a thread that was created back in early 2017:https://www.slingshotforums.co…nifold.31609/#post-511769

Bill

• Stereo install complete. It sounds leaps and bounds over the stock receiver. Not great but fully acceptable with voice commands, touch screen, integration with phone and all apps. navigation, hands free phone etc. will get better speakers down the road.

If anyone is using the Scosche double din stereo dash kit with sun visor 2015-2017 pictured above the top of the stereo should fit flush slightly under flush as shown. I did flush and it was a tight fit. When checking fit be sure the push pin holes in front line up and the two aft bolt holes (2 of the eight) that bolt forward just aft engine bay.

The mount bracket in the kit gave no option to move the receiver back because the stereo framework butted up to the raised edge of the bracket. I had to cut 12/32s off the mount brackets so I could slide the receiver aft for the correct fit. 12/32s was really tight fit.