What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• my red DDM coolant tank arrived this evening so this weekends slingshot task is all ready to go 👍:thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• a quick question for Dave@DDMWorks or anyone else who has done the DDM coolant tank install

when installing the the barb fitting for the steam line and the plug for the hole that I am not going to use would you recomend I use Teflon tape on the threads

its not mentioned in the instructions, but I have it so I figured it was worth asking

Thanks

Edit - Also - the install looks pretty straight forward, but if anyone has any handy hints that might be useful feel free to let me know. I have until Tuesday morning to get this done so I plan on really taking my time and getting I right - - - - - over the years I have learned that being in a hurry almost always ends up making things take longer 8o

• I used teflon tape. Don't have any hints, as you said it's pretty straightforward

• no tape or sealant is needed, a lot of people use it though to make sure they do not have an issue.

• no tape or sealant is needed, a lot of people use it though to make sure they do not have an issue.

thanks, I went ahead and used it - figured it wad better to be sure there were no leaks than to have to re do anything - - thanks for help :)

• okay - all done, test drive complete and all seems good - - :00008674:

out with the old

and in with the new !!!

todays mods are complete - - - - - YEY!!!!!

• Where's the leak?

• Where's the leak?

plastic tank was leaking at the seam on the front of the tank - - noticed my coolant level was down the other day so I topped it off and decided to keep an eye on it - after a drive I would open the hood and I could see it leaking right out and blowing little bubbles - - guess its a common issue with the 2016's like mine

edit - I guess it wasn't the actual seam like I thought, just went out and took a closer look - now that's it is out of the Slingshot the cracks are very easy to see - there are two on the front side of the tank that clearly have broken all the way through and this is where I could see it dripping and bubbling and on the back side the tank is cracking in the exact same two places, but those dont look as if they have gone all the way through yet - - feeling good that I got this fixed before they did - - here is a snap with the cracks circled

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Are you sure?

It looks better with a nice cap!

meh - I am not big on under hood beauty mods - - no one ever looks under my Slingshots hood except me when I am working on it or perhaps my wife if she happens to walk by

• Hey Dave@DDMWorks - - - just curious is this where the stock tank usually cracks?

before I got it out of the slingshot I had thought it was splitting at the seam, but after I got it out in the sun and wiped off it became very obvious where the leaking was coming from - - - and cracks just like these are forming on the back of the tank as well, but not as bad yet

anyway just curious

• On the earlier 2015-2016 we would see cracks there, but the more common failure is the rear nipple for the steam line coming from the top of the engine. That nipple will start to bend and develop a crack. Polaris changed the design of the coolant tank in 2018-2019ish and added some more material around the base of the nipple to help prevent that failure from happening and also created a slot opening on one side of the tank where the mounting bolt goes through for easier installation.

• I have been running the stock muffler that I bypassed the internal cat and the cat delete pipe for the past year and it is time to put the Welter Dual on Sling II. I will have to get someone to do the install, I was cripple for over a week just taking the Welter off of Sling I