Bullet Speed V-Top

• I've been reading some of the posts on tops for the SS and I may have missed it but I didn't find a thread on the Bullet Speed. Does anyone have one installed on their SS. I'm getting ready to order one on Monday when they open. It looks like it would offer ease of use. Removing the canvas top that's held on by Velcro.

Thanks,

Don

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

• I've been reading some of the posts on tops for the SS and I may have missed it but I didn't find a thread on the Bullet Speed. Does anyone have one installed on their SS. I'm getting ready to order one on Monday when they open. It looks like it would offer ease of use. Removing the canvas top that's held on by Velcro.

Thanks,

Don

Don, I know that you are new to the Slingshot world. Lots of different tops out there, I would think about seeing one in person and getting in and out of the Slingshot before buying. For some it is helpful and others not so much. Are you coming to Slingshots in the Smokies 2020 --- maggie-valley-2020-banner-69perperson-1024x399.jpg

Lots of venders and over 400 Slingshots so you will see and experience lots of things in person... As close as you are you can come over just for the day...

• Don, I know that you are new to the Slingshot world. Lots of different tops out there, I would think about seeing one in person and getting in and out of the Slingshot before buying. For some it is helpful and others not so much. Are you coming to Slingshots in the Smokies 2020 --- maggie-valley-2020-banner-69perperson-1024x399.jpg

Lots of venders and over 400 Slingshots so you will see and experience lots of things in person... As close as you are you can come over just for the day...

Don't know at this time if we are coming for one day. Which day would you recommend?

TheDonFather - Videos

• Don't know at this time if we are coming for one day. Which day would you recommend?

At any time Wed --- Sat there will be more than 50 Slingshot at the Fairgrounds at any time. Wed will be the first day the venders will be set up so they probably won't be crazy busy. If you just looking at all the options come by and just say hello and talk "SLING" … most of us will be willing to let you take a close up look/ride/drive so you know first hand what (it) is.

• At any time Wed --- Sat there will be more than 50 Slingshot at the Fairgrounds at any time. Wed will be the first day the venders will be set up so they probably won't be crazy busy. If you just looking at all the options come by and just say hello and talk "SLING" … most of us will be willing to let you take a close up look/ride/drive so you know first hand what (it) is.

I never drive anyone else's equipment when offered, but I will always look and drool... LOL. Do I need a pass to bring my SS into the fairgrounds?

TheDonFather - Videos

• Yes you will need to be registered for the event. At least you --- May not want to drive, but try getting in/out or going for a ride. You can look at a windshield or you can ride down the road behind it. Feel the flow of air that the Baker 'Air Wings' give you when going down the road. And NO I'm not a sales person for any one, just share some of what I've learned in 5 years and 88,000+ miles. I don't have a top and don't want one, but know that lots have/need them and I like to share a little of my experience and  little knowledge.

• Some how managed to find a local guy selling the bullet V top which is what I was going to order also. His sling was an SLR in orange madness so it had an orange stripe. Plan is to have local shop change out the stripe for red but in the meantime I wrapped the center stripe with some 3M carbon fiber I had laying around. Bought it yesterday and installed it this morning. Loving the look but haven’t taken it out yet for functionality

• The Twist Dynamics Top was reportedly designed by Bob Runman before he left TD and started Bullet Speed. The only real difference I've noticed between the two is the BS V-Back mounts to the front of the roll hoops and the TD Top mounts to the back of the roll hoops. IMO, the TD attachment points look sturdier while the V-Back brackets look thinner. Both types seem to be popular.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Yes you will need to be registered for the event. At least you --- May not want to drive, but try getting in/out or going for a ride. You can look at a windshield or you can ride down the road behind it. Feel the flow of air that the Baker 'Air Wings' give you when going down the road. And NO I'm not a sales person for any one, just share some of what I've learned in 5 years and 88,000+ miles. I don't have a top and don't want one, but know that lots have/need them and I like to share a little of my experience and little knowledge.

Appreciate the information...:D

TheDonFather - Videos

• Some how managed to find a local guy selling the bullet V top which is what I was going to order also. His sling was an SLR in orange madness so it had an orange stripe. Plan is to have local shop change out the stripe for red but in the meantime I wrapped the center stripe with some 3M carbon fiber I had laying around. Bought it yesterday and installed it this morning. Loving the look but haven’t taken it out yet for functionality

Very nice..

TheDonFather - Videos

• drfubar

I like mine pictures and info in the below thread. I would buy it again but at the same time I agree with EJ many considerations as buying one thing may lead to other considerations, i.e. windscreen, exhaust etc. Nice to look and see. You can check out mine here.

Best Windscreen for Use W/Bullet Speed Top?

I checked it out, very nice looking top.

TheDonFather - Videos

• Many thanks! The canvas is really easy to remove & install. Actually the whole assembly is easy remove and install. If you get one just remember to leave all the hardware loose till all hardware is in place. Then tighten everything down.

• Clicked on link.... "page not found"

TheDonFather - Videos

• I have the TD version of the top, and I like it, but if this top had been out when I bought mine, I'd have gone with it : https://allthingsslingshot.com…ts/ez-out-t-bar-top-frame

He has both a soft and hard top to go on that frame.

Once I saw this in person, I almost bought it and was trying to figure out an easy way to sell my TD, just didn't pull the trigger on it. Had a slight engine problem at the same time, which took priority.