a quick wheel/tire question

• just curious, can the stock 20" SL rear wheels be used on the front? was thinking it might be a convenient if I could run the same wheel/tire setup all the way around especially if I wanted to have a backup wheel and tire.

I know this must have been answered in some other thread, but couldn't find it in a quick search

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I run 18" base rear wheels all the way around.

I would think you could do the same with 20' - rear offset is +45 and fronts are+42 (I think)

okay - I am not well versed in offsets. would a +45 put the wheel further out from the center than +42 or further in?

never mind just looked it up and a positive offset puts the mount closer to the front of the wheel and would put the tires closer to the center of the car - not sure I like that, but it is only a 3mm difference?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• okay - I am not well versed in offsets. would a +45 put the wheel further out from the center than +42 or further in?

never mind just looked it up and a positive offset puts the mount closer to the front of the wheel and would put the tires closer to the center of the car - not sure I like that, but it is only a 3mm difference?

I have had zero issues with mine, love the way it handles.

There are a few of us doing the same thing. I like having every thing the same size - easy to have a spare ready at all times

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• okay - I am not well versed in offsets. would a +45 put the wheel further out from the center than +42 or further in?

You could run the stock rear 20 all the way around. You'd never notice the 3mm difference and while I have not done it, I can't think of anything that would rub. I run all kinds of different wheel sizes depending on what I'm doing but typically I run the stock SL 18s up front but my rear is typically a 15" or 17" drag wheel. Mainly because drag radial and full slick tire sizes and selections can be a little limited in an 18 or larger. But there's tons of options in 15, 16, or 17.

Drag Radial 17"

Full Slick 15"

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

Edited 2 times, last by Kyle D ().