Wheel fitment

• Question...... I had a 2015 Mercedes CLS400 with 19' wheels (5x112). One of the rear wheels cracked and needs to be replaced. I know longer have the car, so no big deal there. I've been storing them in my basement for the past several months, next to my Savini wheels for the SS until I put them on. I noticed the bolt holes looked fairly similar, so I decided to jack it up and give it a try to see if the Mercedes 19" wheel would line up with the SS holes (5x114.3). Knowing that the specs didn't match, I thought it would be a quick no go, but surprisingly enough....... they bolted up and seated onto the SS without any force. I had no idea why or how since the bolt patterns were different. I tried another wheel and sure enough, it fit as well and was mounted flush without any issues that I could see. I never drove it with the Mercedes wheels on it, but was surprised to see that they fit when it seems as though they shouldn't. I took both wheels off because the tires need to be replaced. I wish I would have know this before I shoveled out a pile of cash for the Savini wheels.

Am I missing something here? Will this cause any type of damage to the SS by riding it this way? I just don't want to damage anything or have my warranty voided or better yet, have the wheel to pop off while riding down the street. Any input on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

• I didn't check to see if they were centered or not. I imagine that would make a difference. If they aren't centered, is there a chance they could come loose or for the stud to snap off or anything in your opinion? I'll have to check the next time I try to mount one up.

I bought other wheels because I don't like black wheels, but now the black wheels are starting to grow on me because they've been on the SS since I purchased it a couple months ago. This would give me three sets of wheels that can fit the SS...... well, two sets that are designed to fit plus the Benz wheels that I'm trying to see if it's even worth mounting with some new tires and trying to make that work. Reason being, the Benz rear is a 285 30-19 which fits fine under my stock rear fender. The Savini rear wheel has a 305 rear 20" tire that is too wide to fit under the rear fender. So I'll be forced to ride rear fenderless with the 305 tire on the rear. I only like the stock rear fender and I don't really care for the aftermarket ones too much.

Be safe and God bless!

• Check the proper hub ring size for the non-Slingshot wheels. The hub ring causes the wheel to properly center on the hub and and allows the lug nuts to tighten the wheel against the hub w/o stressing the studs or lug nuts to keep the wheel properly centered. If the hub ring size isn't correct, all of the stress of centering the wheel is transferred to the studs/lug nuts.

I also tried Googling "fitting 5x112 wheels to 5x114.3" and got lots of hits.