Photo Competition #10 - Your Slingshot On The Town

• "Your Slingshot On The Town"

The next topic is set. Should provide for many great and varying entries. Your slingshot on the town. Could be a night out under the city lights or a ride passing through with the skyline in the background. Let's see what the topic means to you!

Please make sure to add "This is my entry" to your picture, especially if you have multiple posted. Deadline will be November 27th, 2019.

Rules and guidelines:

-The photo must be of your own Slingshot (real full-size Slingshots). If the picture submitted is not of your own vehicle, it will not be included in voting. And if need be, the photo will be deleted from the entry thread. It is known that some members may own more than one Slingshot.

- Use your own picture (not pictures from outside sources).

- Photo Shopping pictures or extreme editing is not allowed unless specified by the topic chosen.

- Stay within the competition's parameters (for example, if the rules are "Your Slingshot and Snow," only post a picture that has

both your Slingshot and snow in it). Photos that do not comply with the topic will not be included in voting.

- Pictures should show off not only your sling, but also you photography skills. Be creative with your shots.

- One entry per member. Let us know which your entry is by typing "This is my entry:" above your picture. You can change your entry during the time of the competition but once time runs out you cannot change your entry or submit a photo. Once the

deadline comes, THERE WILL BE NO MORE EDITING!

- The contest aims to last for the month, depending on the number of entries (competition will run longer if less entries are submitted, and

vice versa).

- After time is up, a new thread will be started for voting. The voting thread may be a "blind" poll, which means the results will be

revealed after the end of the voting time line or once a member has voted. Forum members will vote on a winner. The member that wins the first competition

will come up with the theme/topic for the next competition.

- Once a photo wins a contest that photo will be added to the winners circle then "retired" and can not be used again unless for

a specific contest.

- Have fun! Keep your comments constructive.

• Deadline: November 27th, 2019
  • I went to the county seat today which is the biggest town in the county . I took this shot with the court house in the background and this is my entry 😋

• I just realized how bad I missed on this category. I thought it was the wide open contest and it's obviously not. That's me - a day late and a dollar short. Sorry guys and I withdraw my entry with no town in it.:00008862:

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I just realized how bad I missed on this category. I thought it was the wide open contest and it's obviously not. That's me - a day late and a dollar short. Sorry guys and I withdraw my entry with no town in it.:00008862:

You and Your Slingshot spend lots of time in the woods, so it works for me.

• I was going to get a picture of a big Dragon chasing me out of town, but the owner took him down this morning. But it was the first day in a couple of weeks that I was able to get the Slingshot out. Cold (49°) but dry and sunny, so it was a nice ride 30 miles out to find the dragon was take down.

• Well, the category is "On The Town", not "In a town". So my meaning was show your SS living it up. If your version of "living it up" is in the woods, I'm all good for that.

I wasn't going to join my own category, but here I go. Louis Mueller BBQ is one of those heritage "Best in the world" BBQ joints that you just must try. Warning, the building looks like it's gonna fall down (and based upon the number of steel patches on the floor, it looks like it has a few times), and your clothes will smell like smoke for a week, but it's some of the best brisket I've ever had. It's got awards and pics of celebrities all over. People leave their business cards on the board and they turn brown over time. (And would you believe I drove out to find them CLOSED!!! FML!)

So, This is my entry.

• You guys are awesome! Here's a different angle showing the road into Sundre. This was in a campground on the edge of town that we visited on the poker run.

This was off of an insignificant intersection that you would never notice. Apparently it wasn't an

Here is a pic in Sundre at the awesome restaurant that was one of the sponsors. Bu11sh1t found a tooney (2 bucks) in the parking lot the next day and almost retired.

Oh what the heck. THIS is my entry.

Slingshot Garage and SundreSlingQueen do an awesome job on this event. If you can put it on your calendar you will not be disappointed!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Loving the entries so far! And my opinion is we've got a great topic. I think everybody, myself included, may have just been a little busy with cooling temps, squeezing last minute rides in, getting ready to hibernate for the winter, prepping for the holidays, researching what people wanna put on their santa list for the slingshot this black Friday, etc... we'll keep an eye on submissions the next couple days but may extend this one out a few more weeks if need be.

Now you tell us. I had spent hours going over those pictures in detail looking for a hidden town.

• heard they had a relighting ceremony for the Roy's sign just last week. The guy who bought the town a few years back is hoping to actually get the motel back up and running pretty soon and hopefully some day the Cafe - I guess getting fresh water is the big holdup - too much salt in what they have for a real cafe to use

here is a link - Roys motel & cafe

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• heard they had a relighting ceremony for the Roy's sign just last week. The guy who bought the town a few years back is hoping to actually get the motel back up and running pretty soon and hopefully some day the Cafe - I guess getting fresh water is the big holdup - too much salt in what they have for a real cafe to use

here is a link - Roys motel & cafe

Yes there are signs of them starting to put a shine on it 🙂

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎