$1000,...... shocks or exhause/cai/tune ????

• Mine is a 2017.

Bought it last year as a new leftover.

Around 7500 miles now.

My driving is mostly back-road enjoyment. Unfortunately, back roads here in New England generally come with potholes. Most of the time, I plan a route that has better roads but, there are plenty of times that I find some crap roads not by choice. Some unavoidable construction like a few weeks ago heading to Americade in NY. About 9 miles of Rt.30 in the Green Mountains of VT had no pavement.

Yesterday, I planned out a great 4 hour route but, had to cut short when my daughter began to feel ill. I let Waze pick the fastest route home. After some of the cow paths Waze brought me down, it was clear that shocks are priority before performance.

• As someone that lives in a city that have more potholes than people in some neighborhoods... I am glad I went with the QA1's that are made for Twist Dynamics. Being able to adjust them from Cadillac soft to performance hard in just a few clicks is amazing.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Now, if you have an older model sling, I suspect those factory shocks were just not as good as the new model ones. I haven't verified this, but from the way everyone on here advises shocks as the first mod, I suspect

I haven't been disappointed with stock shocks on my 2019 SLR. I will upgrade eventually, but I'm in no big hurry. Tune & exhaust were more important to me first.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Now y'all got me curious. I believe the upper models in 18 and 19 have the Bilsteins and the lower models don't, so when you say 'stock shocks' it can be two totally different things. I'm wondering if those who are happy have the Bilsteins and I'm also wondering if the stock shocks have improved since 15/16. I've owned both a 15 and a 16 and they sucked (past tense because I took them off).

Any feedback?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Mine is a base, so it didn't have the Bilsteins, which, btw, they do not offer on the 2019 anymore, they removed that option this year.

Per one of the OEM parts site, it's the same part number between the 2015 and the 2019 for the stock shocks, so it looks like the same part, unless those get updated for new part numbers for replacement?

• Mine is a base, so it didn't have the Bilsteins, which, btw, they do not offer on the 2019 anymore, they removed that option this year.

Per one of the OEM parts site, it's the same part number between the 2015 and the 2019 for the stock shocks, so it looks like the same part, unless those get updated for new part numbers for replacement?

generally speaking they seem to make a notation if the part number has changed - at least that has been my perception when looking at the parts lists for different years

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Now y'all got me curious. I believe the upper models in 18 and 19 have the Bilsteins and the lower models don't, so when you say 'stock shocks' it can be two totally different things. I'm wondering if those who are happy have the Bilsteins and I'm also wondering if the stock shocks have improved since 15/16. I've owned both a 15 and a 16 and they sucked (past tense because I took them off).

Any feedback?

I have a 18 S/S SL, Stock [Pogo sticks] shocks....not bilsteins....And the stock shocks are crap:cursing:.....

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• gotcha, thanks for the info... maybe it's just perception on my part, I've had lots of different types of sports cars, none of them high end, so the stock suspension didn't bother me, but I knew not to take it to a track or get really aggressive with it.

I have to agree I was very happy with my stock suspension and probably still would be if I had never come here to this forum. My slingshot handled very well I thought and in my day to day riding was not something I though was all that bad - heck it is a performance vehicle so I never expected it to ride like a Cadillac. It wasnt until after I upgraded that I realized how much better it could be - same with the sway bar, took the twisties on my local mountain road and it seemed to stay very flat, never felt like body roll was a problem, then I switched to the twist dynamic sway bar and when I took that same road it was way different - without even thinking about it I was going through the same old corners a good deal faster and it just fells more sure footed.

as my daily driver HP mods are not something I really care about, but I just really love playing in the turns when cruising my mountain roads and this is an area I can mod without hurting reliability - its just my thing so to speak

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Any feedback?

My SLR has standard shocks, only the SLR-LE package from 2018 had Bilstein shocks as standard equipment.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• To clarify my earlier post on what to do with 1k of loose $.
    I listened to a lot of folks, did some research and while standard set up was not terrible, it could be improved. The recommendations I received were do three things on a limited budget. They were up grade to adjustable shocks, upgrade sway bar and brake pads. Not super expensive and would be a great addition to riding in a variety of settings. Softer ride for those of us with some miles on the clock, can be adjusted for twisters or racing. I found for straight traveling a bit softer ride was nice, DAVE at DDM suggested a setting for the Dragon (only scared the crap out of myself once) which coupled with sway bar and brakes was great. Each of us will have our own preferences but those three items did it for me Performance wise.
    Two other items I would recommend are a top and Red’s seat brackets. Top for those super cooking on days, bracket for a bit or comfort. Both of which #2 really likes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I did go with shocks, swaybar, grease-able mounts. Just waiting on delivery.

I asked my wife about her seating position. She said the seat/position itself was comfortable. Here only complaint was leg-room. Do the seat relocation brackets effect leg room?

• I did go with shocks, swaybar, grease-able mounts. Just waiting on delivery.

I asked my wife about her seating position. She said the seat/position itself was comfortable. Here only complaint was leg-room. Do the seat relocation brackets effect leg room?

They do. They reposition the passenger seat 2 inches farther forward. This slightly reduces leg room but allows the seat to recline further than stock.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)