$1000,...... shocks or exhause/cai/tune ????

• Trying to decide what to go with.

I have about a grand of "fun money".

My Sling is the Blue/Yellow

Current choice:

DDM Works shocks

or

ZZP Stage 1 (header, exhaust, cold ait intake, tune)

Leaning towards the ZZP package.

My Slingshot SL already has:

HID lighting

Upgraded stereo - Head Unit, SSV loop pods, two 10" subs, amp

Baker ripper wings

Louder horns

LED strip lighting

Powder Coated rims, other rim matching colors all over.

• The first upgrade I did to my first sling while still under 500 on the odometer was shocks, the OEM shocks were horrible at best, many mods later if I had to do it all over I would still go for shocks first.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• My first (and only) significant performance mod has been the ZZP package you described. I'm very pleased with this. I also replaced my worn out back tire with a Cooper Zeon rs3-s ($250) - loving it every ride!

I'll get shocks, but I'm going to get some more milage out of these OEM ones before I upgrade. I guess I wanted more performance before I wanted more smoothness! 😄🤠

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I would go with shocks. Completely transformed mine when I made the switch. Rides MUCH better, and handles better. The original shocks are pogo sticks at best. You will notice the shocks every time you drive.

• My first thought was to go with DDM Works shocks.

I have never heard a bad word about them.

I routinely do 8+ hour drives, stopping only for leg stretching and lunch, and (at 55 yrs) I feel pretty darn good at the end of the day with the stock suspension.

That's why I am leaning towards the ZZP package.

• Shocks, and I would look at the video from Slingmods as they did a test on the

Bilstein One-Way Adjustable Shocks for the Polaris Slingshot

JRI Pre-Tuned One Way Adjustable "Grand Touring" Shocks for the Polaris Slingshot 

It is a good video and will give you an idea of what you want to do.

Cold air intake I would just buy the one that comes from Polaris and then put on a K&N Filter

I used a different brand but the size of the filter I used and it fits very well is a 2.5" intake 6" wide at the intake x 5" long x 4" at the end.

It works very well and I am pleased.

• I am all about performance and was my first mod. But if you have any back issues go with the shocks. It does make a difference. If you dont mind the stiff ride then most defiantly power upgrades.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• it might be the pedal max, i just ordered one i will let you know next week, been hearing some amazing claims, i will report back.

• How many miles have you put on your Slingshot?

What do you like and dislike about the Slingshot?

What do you want your Slingshot to do?

Nail those down and you will get the best bang for your buck...

Otherwise, we just be spending your money.

It's what we do best...

and we don't have to worry about no stinking budget.

;)

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• You can't go wrong with either DDM or ZZP. They both have great products they designed, and the support is tops.

Make you mind up considering where you want your Sling to be in 1 to 2 years time.

I have been known to purchase certain items in the past only to replace at a future date. (There were only 4 accessories available to purchase when we first bought ours)

• Me' I personally would have gotten rid of my Slingshot what with the pounding it transfers to the driver' Me...On the roads out here....Sure i can go 90 MPH On a relativity smooth highway......But on the local roads at 35/45 it just beats the hell out of the fun....But with the new shocks from Slingmods i can tolerate the ride..

[Just]..........So my opinion is Shocks first.....Performance last....

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• for me the choice for first major mod was easy. My slingshot is my daily driver and ride is important. A few more HP would be fun, but the suspension affects virtually every minute I spend in the Slingshot - - as such I went for the coilovers first.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• I think the answer here is becoming clear. You can't go wrong with either and you should probably be thinking about saving up that next thousand dollars.

And the next

And the next

And the next

And the next

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I agree with the shocks should be the first mod. Check out the different dealers then go check allthingsslingshot.com they price match plus give 5% back towards your next purchase of mods. Also free delivery on orders over $150.00

• Sounds like you have decided but just figured I would mention another benefit of your adjustable shocks of which I currently have on my sling. If you ever plan on going on some twisty roads they will make it way easier to hit them harder. Imho

• Here is my take on it... it comes down to how many miles you plan on putting on the Sling. If you are an avid long ride kind of person... shocks. If you are like 80% of the city dwellers and the longest trip you are going to take is your Saturday night cruise...get the go fast parts.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Here is my take on it... it comes down to how many miles you plan on putting on the Sling. If you are an avid long ride kind of person... shocks. If you are like 80% of the city dwellers and the longest trip you are going to take is your Saturday night cruise...get the go fast parts.

Well said, my idea exactly! Most of my rides are in the '100 miles or less on twisty roads' category. I got the tune & exhaust first and I'm very pleased.

Looking at a few other mods (flat-bottom steering wheel, floor mats, heat shielding...) ^^

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• A lot of very good points, and as you can see, everyone has an two things, an opinion and and asshole :00008172:

You didn't say what year model you had or how many miles you have put on it, but here is my advice. On my 2019, the shocks were good, casual riding with the girl was no problem. Even some aggressive driving I had no issues with the shocks. Would I have taken them on the track, no. Going through some really aggressive twisties up in the mountains, I'd probably take it easy with the stock shocks.

I've now got the DDM triples, and haven't had a chance to really test them out, I put them on right before going to Maggie and didn't get to ride in the mountains at all with them, other than the drive in the night before, and there was no way I was going to be aggressive on roads I was unfamiliar with in the dark.

So, it's really up to what you want out of your ride. Miles first, get some seat time and see what's important to you. Do you want some extra get up and go for acceleration? Or are you happy with the current power and just want to be more aggressive in turns and get a tad bit more comfort on long rides.

Now, if you have an older model sling, I suspect those factory shocks were just not as good as the new model ones. I haven't verified this, but from the way everyone on here advises shocks as the first mod, I suspect it.

Don't discount the DDM stage 1 kit that was just announced if you want the power option, you won't be sorry! I rode in one this weekend with Dave driving it, I was grinning from ear to ear!