Non optima batteries

• do you have a Batteries plus Bulbs in your area? They are a very good place to check, and they are also online

About 100 miles away in Dallas, but they don't have any AGM that really fit the SS well, already checked their website.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to order the AC Delco 47 that I linked above and look at building my own mount for it

• I hope so, but I've found that batteries are a bit of gambling. Some work well, others do not, from the same brand.

I recently had to change the battery on my f350, it still had the factory motorcraft battery, and it's a 2012 model, so I got roughly 7-8 years out of it, not bad at all.

• Unfortunately, here in the Houston area, the summer heat is bad enough on batteries that I had to replace my Mazda CX-7 battery 3 times in 3 years. It was under warranty, but still made me wonder about the electrical system. Traded the Mazda in on my new 2013 Ford Edge and have had to replace the battery 2 times in just over 5 years of ownership.

I guess the Slingshot's rear battery mount helps battery life by keeping the battery away from engine heat.

I ordered my RK AGM34 battery when I first heard about it back in 2017, but my original large battery in my 2015 SLingshot kept working fine, so I just put the RK battery on the charger every few months. Now, the Slingshot battery is finally starting to drop below 11V when cranking, so I guess I'll swap in the RK AGM battery when I get around to figuring out what to do with my fuel pump, if that is the cause of my engine bogging down under acceleration.

• Just found an email from Pep Boys saying 25% off select Champion & Bosch batteries and showing a pic of a Bosch AGM battery. Unfortunately, the website requires you to search by Vehicle Year Brand and Model and doesn't support the ability to search for a specific model.X(

• Find a car that uses the size battery you want and then search by that car. Should pretty easy

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Find a car that uses the size battery you want and then search by that car. Should pretty easy

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Easy, IF you know a specific vehicle that uses the same battery/part/whatever. Unfortunately, most auto parts sites do not offer Polaris as a manufacturer, let alone include Slingshot as a model.

It bugs me when I want to look up info on a specific item and the site insists I use a roundabout method of finding the part. What can be more specific than entering item-specific details?

• It bugs me when I want to look up info on a specific item and the site insists I use a roundabout method of finding the part. What can be more specific than entering item-specific details?

When checking locally to purchase the GM OEM exhaust manifold heat shield, I called the local Chevy dealer and stated that I was looking for part number 12633413, the person at the parts department insisted that he could not get me the part without the VIN number of the GM vehicle the part was for.

Bill

• When checking locally to purchase the GM OEM exhaust manifold heat shield, I called the local Chevy dealer and stated that I was looking for part number 12633413, the person at the parts department insisted that he could not get me the part without the VIN number of the GM vehicle the part was for.

Bill

Some of the dealers do this, I ran into the same problem with the 2015 Camaro SS emblems. I just went to another dealer and no problem. The last time I got the one I lost off of Amazon

• 2015 2.4 heat shield

Is ours an LE 9 or Le 5

DDM works sells the GM heat shield in their slingshot section and say it is GM Heat Shield - 12633413

"On the Slingshot the early prototype pictures showed a nice factory heat shield over the exhaust manifold, however all of the cars we have seen do not have it when delivered. Since the stock exhaust manifold is cast iron, it will surface rust and not look as good. So we tracked down the part number for the original exhaust heat shield from GM and made it available here. We have been installing them to add a little heat protection under the hood and also a little dress up in the engine bay. "

here is the link, its $25

http://www.ddmworks.com/GM-Exh…ld-Heat-Shield_p_538.html

• I have thought about changing out my smaller 30L motorcycle battery for a larger car size battery, but I dont have any added electrical things that would increase the drain on the battery and I also love that I can walk into my local batteries + Bulbs and find several options in stock if I were to need a replacement.. With prices ranging from 109 to 159 it just seems much more reasonable than what it would cost to upgrade to a yellow top especially with the needed conversion mounting brackets.

Where I live it doesn't get cold so having a huge CCA number over the 400 I can get in the 30L doesnt seem necessary so am I wrong? would the larger battery really give me enough of a longer life to offset the extra expense?

• Technically the Slingshot has an LE9, but the only difference between a LE5 and LE9 is the LE9 is E85 compatible, externally they are the same otherwise.

good to know :thumbsup: