Lets see those dogs!!! And cats or whatever pets you have

• Some of the Smith Pet drama:
    Our outside dog, Auggie was attacked by a wandering bull mastiff and hospitalized for 2 days on July 27th. We kept him in the garage, with a/c shared from the house, for the next 6 weeks while he healed.
    He was very skiddish afterwards, totally unlike his normal personality.. but has since recovered and returned to his normal sweet self.

We contacted animal control and the owner of the mastiff was instructed to insure he complied with current laws. We have not seen the dog since then.
    August 23rd, my 20 year old baby, named Buddy, we sadly had to put to sleep. He had been suffering a long time, unbenounced to me until it was too late, from feline cancer, an enlarged heart, and the day before he passed, a visit to the vet and he was diagnosed with pleural effusion, he went down hill from that visit til the next day, when it was obviously past time to provide him relief.

I decided to have him cremated... he had always been inside, and I saw no comfort in putting him in a dirt grave.
    And then? I was depressed, lonesome, and empty... fast forward to September 27th..
    Enter ShereKhan:

A 2 month old full blooded Maine Coon kitten... <3
    I cannot explain the absolute comprehension I had with Buddy... he knew what I was doing, when I would be home, he knew how to communicate what he wanted, or if he was hurt... it was a perfect pet/pet owner relationship. For 20 years.
    ShereKhan has some really big paws to fill.. as we are still getting to know each other, and he doesnt communicate very well. :|||
    I am currently trying to toilet train him.. he has litter box training down... yes,Im seriously talking about a toilet. Its a very slow go... i guess... i bought a kit called citikitty and he uses it, which sits recessed under the seat of the toilet, then you open up the center little by little until they are sitting on the seat to do their business... will let yall know if this flies or fails... :whistling:

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• So sorry to hear of the loss (and near loss) of your kids. While ShereKhan has some huge paws to fill, she obviously adores her new family and hopefully will give you the next 20 years of happy times and new experiences. You have set the bar high, and your kids will be only too happy to make you proud of them. Glad to hear that Auggie is back to his old self \.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• thank you @funinthesun, you speak with strong empathy, as if you've "been there"..
    It was hard to let go.. my heart said he would be fine, just give him a day or two... and my brain said, it was past time to send him back to his creator.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• thank you @funinthesun, you speak with strong empathy, as if you've "been there"..
    It was hard to let go.. my heart said he would be fine, just give him a day or two... and my brain said, it was past time to send him back to his creator.

So sorry for your loss of a beloved family member but elated to hear Auggie is recovering nicely! Congrats on Sherekan - she's a cutie! Good luck with her training!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

Having been there and done that, I understand the heartbreak & torture you have gone thru. For months, I could not walk out to the back yard, and look at the path thru the ground cover my collie had blazed, without emotionally falling apart. Took me over 5 years and a move to a different house before I accepted another animal into my heart. In doing so, I know that I will cherish every moment I have with him, and pray he has a very long and healthy life. I also know that because of how much he has enriched my life, losing him will be equally traumatic.
    I feel your pain.
    On another vein- welcome back to the forum- we have missed your wit!

• Oh wow! Poor puppy. And I am so sorry to hear about your kitty. They are our babies, for sure. Our own cat, Lucky, is right around 16 or 17 years old, and is really showing his age. Some days, it's hard to watch.

• Angela, I am so sorry for your loss of one little friend and injuries to another . They become part of our family very quickly and we hurt when they hurt.
    We have missed your zealous and spirited posts and glad to have you back . The new kitten will be a blast . Look forward to seeing you all again soon..
    @ShutterBug has posted our Old Dude above .

• what a beauty Lucky is! He looks like a big fellow... I adore the bigger cats...lol thats the only kinda cat to own.
    Thanks guys. Im much better now, I miss my Buddy, but its missing him with a smile instead of a tear, and I have a "toddler" that keeps me in a chase, so not much time for ruminating ;)

@Tripod@NatomasSlingshot1@Wrenchmn and @ShutterBug

• what a beauty Lucky is! He looks like a big fellow... I adore the bigger cats...lol thats the only kinda cat to own.
    Thanks guys. Im much better now, I miss my Buddy, but its missing him with a smile instead of a tear, and I have a "toddler" that keeps me in a chase, so not much time for ruminating ;)

@Tripod@NatomasSlingshot1@Wrenchmn and @ShutterBug

You guys where truly missed on the forum, glad your back. :):D:thumbsup:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch