Lets see those dogs!!! And cats or whatever pets you have

• I went to visit my parents today. My mom is 81 and knits faster than the best of the gunslingers could draw a gun! She makes hats, scarfs and small animals & gives them away to toddlers. She is really good! Check out these animals!

• I went to visit my parents today. My mom is 81 and knits faster than the best of the gunslingers could draw a gun! She makes hats, scarfs and small animals for toddlers. She is really good! Check out these animals!

Very cool stuff.. It is great that she has a hobby to keep busy.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Here's a pic of a young cat we call Miss Kitty who showed up at our house back around January/February 2020. Sje stays outside with our other outside cat who showed up several years ago, although my Wife would like to bring her inside once our main indoor cat, Patches (my avatar is a picture of Patches) passes on. Miss Kitty is sleeping on her favorite spot, on top of my Slingshot's TD Canvas Top.:(

I need to get a picture of Ghost, our other outside cat. He sometimes disappears for a week or more and we assume someone else is feeding him.

Here is a picture of our second indoor cat, who shares 2 rooms upstairs with our daughter. Maya was actually our Son's and Granddaughter's cat, but his new Wife and kids are allergic to cats, so we ended up with her, too. Neither of our indoor cats get along with other cats and even after over 6 months in the same house with just a screen door with a wood panel installed to separate them, Maya still gets antsy if Patches hangs out near the screen door.

I forgot to mention that our main cat, Patches, doesn't seem to like other cats at all! Our oldest outside cat, Ghost, will come up to the window that Patches likes to look outside from and deliberately swat the screen just to get Patches riled up. Whenever we hear Patches reacting we call it the Alarm and know Ghost wants food. Ghost seems to have associated spooking Patches with soon thereafter getting fed.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Me and my faithful companion on our way to Home Depot. She loved to go on rides to anyplace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• OK folks I have now heard it all. We have a white Husky Shepard mix who adopted us almost 2 years ago. He was a senior when he arrived guessing his age at 11- 12.

He has been having some age related issues so we took him to the vet for a check up. He was diagnosed with the usual old dog stuff Arthritis, possible heart condition and something I never knew dogs could have Dementia!

Wondering if anyone of you dog lover have ever run up against this. The way the vet explained it it makes sense not much different then when it happens in people.

Just thought I would pass it on!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• ^^^^^

I've never heard of a dog with dementia? I'll bet if that's the case he's just as happy. Great thing you rescued! I always tell people I'm not walking Bailey. I take him just in case I forget my way home. Hope he doesn't get dementia. We'll both be going in circles :). We rescued him two years ago. He is so happy, taking a nap in the sun now!

• Having seen your post my last German shepherd pup who passed when he was almost 13 years old was quite the Curmudgeon in his last few years. Dementia and being ornery makes perfect sense because he was the most loving guy his entire life. Wishing you all the best with your pup or should I say your child❤️

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• With my son only being 3, we couldn't adopt. All the adoption places have a 5-8 year old child rule. My 9 month old Akita, Ghost, is 80lbs and mentally maturing nicely. He plays very well with Sterling. Which means he doesn't touch Sterling. He allows Sterling to ride him, hit him and pull his tail. We are still working on Sterling playing nice.:)

Edited 2 times, last by WOLF ().

• Your Akita will teach you a whole new meaning for "Child Safe!" 😁

He has already opened the storm door to let himself out. Luckily I was right there. He has entered rooms when the door was shut. He is quickly making his kennel no longer child safe, or a kennel. I need to make one from rebar. Are these the type things you are referencing?

Or are you referencing the couch, blinds, towel racks, toilet paper rolls, new deck...all being "chew toys"?=O Luckily, that phase is ending.:)

• He has already opened the storm door to let himself out. Luckily I was right there. He has entered rooms when the door was shut. He is quickly making his kennel no longer child safe, or a kennel. I need to make one from rebar. Are these the type things you are referencing?

Or are you referencing the couch, blinds, towel racks, toilet paper rolls, new deck...all being "chew toys"?=O Luckily, that phase is ending.:)

I know these dogs require lots of patience and supervision! But I'm really referring to how well they take care of family, especially "their kids".

We've had 2 akitas that were with us for almost 25 years. Both were well behaved, friendly with guests. But when the chips were down, both dogs were ALL business. Never saw either dog make a "good guy/bad guy" mistake.

We had many opportunities to be thankful for our Akita's protective nature, often the dog's serious nature deflected and de-escallated situations. The dogs also seemed very good at providing exactly the right amount of force & aggression. We never worried about them going postal on anyone.

With our girl, the favorite thing was to go to the door & hold her collar chain on my pinky finger. We had lots of creeps who would "knock & case"... strangely, we were never robbed or invaded - over 14 years there, every other house on the street was broken into, many multiple times.

This last photo shows LD (the Littlest Dog) with a 80 lb lab and 70 lb catahoula...

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Wow! 25 years is awesome! Great looking dogs there, especially the Akita.;)

How heavy did your Akita's get. Ghost's dad was 110lbs. My wife and I researched breeds and Akitas ticked all the boxes. Big, strong, protective, fluffy, light shedders(blows coat twice a year, seems true?), friendly when properly socialized and family oriented. He has great pedigree. His Granddad was AKC "best of breed" in the U.S. His Dad was AKC 2nd place "best of breed" in the U.S.

Here is his dad. Ghost is a spitting image.

Ghost

• Wow! 25 years is awesome! Great looking dogs there, especially the Akita.;)

How heavy did your Akita's get. Ghost's dad was 110lbs. My wife and I researched breeds and Akitas ticked all the boxes. Big, strong, protective, fluffy, light shedders(blows coat twice a year, seems true?), friendly when properly socialized and family oriented.

Our first akita was Jishin (earthquake). He was a Japanese Akita, fawn brindle (tan/black/white/grey) with a white mask. He got to about 85 lbs.

Our female was Iolair ('you-leer' osprey). She was an American Akita, taller, bigger boned. She was about 105 at trim, sadly she got up over 115 later in life & suffered from arthritis which cut her life short (we will never allow any dog to get overweight again.)

Thinking about another American female, already have a name... Strudel! (Very sweet, liable to be spoiled by over-filling!)

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• WOW. WOLF - that can’t be your boy in that pic can it? Geez - seems like it was just a couple weeks ago he was born - he is growing like a weed!! Suddenly I feel older - happens regularly these days 😩

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• WOW. WOLF - that can’t be your boy in that pic can it? Geez - seems like it was just a couple weeks ago he was born - he is growing like a weed!! Suddenly I feel older - happens regularly these days 😩

Yeah, that is him. He is having that same, "feeling older each day" effect on me. I love playing, but I also need to relax once in a while. He doesn't seem to be getting the memos.^^

His speech has advanced in the last six months. Full, cohesive sentences. He is using many complex phrases, that I don't remember teaching him, in the right context.:)

Edited once, last by WOLF ().