Want to change stock wheels tires, what are options?

• @studiopeg I would highly recommend you get a package deal of rim and tires from the same place to avoid the hassle of then having to find a reputable local place to get them mounted.

Most of the time it is more expensive buying the rims and tires separately once you include local mounting and your time and effort taking them to get mounted.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• @studiopeg I would highly recommend you get a package deal of rim and tires from the same place to avoid the hassle of then having to find a reputable local place to get them mounted.

Most of the time it is more expensive buying the rims and tires separately once you include local mounting and your time and effort taking them to get mounted.

I believe I can order tires from the place I am ordering the wheels.

But I still don't know exactly what to order........

• I would ask Terrance on FB to recommend some tires, given the fact he has sold a ton of these 20/22 and 22/22 combos he might know which size work best without triggering lights/codes.

Once you determine the size then you can start looking for tires but be prepared because specially the rear will be limited as to what you can find for it and prices are likely to be very high.

• I am currently running a 245/35/20 front tire and a 305/25/22 rear tire. The issue I have with my 22" rim is finding "good" tires to fit it. Also most have a very low sidewall. Fronts no problem.. New Nitto G2 is not available in 22" sizes. Previous Nitto 555 shows a 295/25/22 but not sure of availability. I am currently running a Toyo Proxis 4. Will change rear to 20" when tread is gone off current tire.

• OK King Street Car Care is recommending Lexani tires - he says he runs them on his slingshot and as long as I'm not supercharged (my SS is not turbo) I would not need the Nitto.

Lexani tires on the internet get very good reviews in general, but I didn't find anything specific about running them on a slingshot.

Any thoughts?

Sorry to keep bugging you all.... the only way to learn!

• Comes down to driving style. If you plan on revving and burning out all the time, compound is going to be more important than brand. Look for a tire that has a low tread life and you will typically see a tire that has softer rubber compound. That way traction won't be a big deal. If you are going to "Adult" drive it, you will not have to worry about it.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Lexany in general is a "value" brand, they offer reasonably priced tires that work for most people, they are not going to be the best on any category but good in most.

One comment that I always hear from people who use them is that they never last as long as they "should" have but given their price which sometimes can be half of the big name tires the less than stellar tread life can be tolerated.

Personally I wouldn't buy a rim that would force me to 1 or 2 tires because that means everytime you need to change tires you are going to be praying that some are available and then paying out the ass since not many choices.

Paying $350+ a tire gets old quick if you replace them often........ just saying.

• In reading, I found that for custom wheels on the Slingshot, most go for 20 in the front and 22 in the back. You're saying that 20 would work just fine in the back too?

• My wheels came with Lexani D7 on them when I ordered right after I bought SS (2016). Have over 21,000 on front tires and still have some fair tread left. I do not have TC/SC and don't burn my tires off. (69 year old, retired, and cannot afford to burn up, did that years ago) Rear tire lasted to a little over 10,000 miles. No complaints with them in rain, did slow down. Think tire/wheel dealers use them for price and size in 305/25/22.

• To be honest most people avoid having a 22" rear since it requires you to run tires with almost no sidewall.

Big wheels are good for show bikes that get very light or no use but are very impractical in the real world, low sidewall means even the smallest of pot hole can damage your rim also the vehicles will run very rough due to the lack of sidewall.

Unless you are really into big wheels/tires, I would stick with stock size and just get some cool custom wheel/tires in stock size 18/20 that way, make sure you rear rim is a 10.5 that way the sky is the limit as far picking tires in the future.

your rear can be 305/30/20 , 315/30/20 , 295/30/20 all less than 1% difference in circumference so none will trigger the evil warning lights nor will they make the speedo even more off than it is.

• DONE. Thank you, that was REALLY helpful! No show Slingshot here, I had a show motorcycle a while back and vowed next ride I would ride it for fun, not show :)

• DONE. Thank you, that was REALLY helpful! No show Slingshot here, I had a show motorcycle a while back and vowed next ride I would ride it for fun, not show :)

I really want to pull a @Tripod on that remark but I'm going to behave for once. :D

On another note, I've been sitting back and watching all the fun your having over here. See I told you!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I really want to pull a @Tripod on that remark but I'm going to behave for once. :D
    On another note, I've been sitting back and watching all the fun your having over here. See I told you!

Oh it's a blast over here. No one behaves but you 8)

I thought I was gonna get some free candy here too you know....

I always wanted one that was show quality that was fun to ride, that's why I married my wife!!!! :00008643:

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I just couldn't behave myself! I had an irresistible @Tripod moment!! :00008172::00008356::00000441:

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Well I sorry, my CRS flared up and I told you wrong. My tires are Delente not Lexani that came on the wheels originally. The remainder what @Neosolidus said. If I did over would have 18" on front and 20" on rear. Since I have two good front 20" wheels will just change back to 20" here soon. Note: The 22" wheels do look good :00008040: .

• Well I sorry, my CRS flared up and I told you wrong. My tires are Delente not Lexani that came on the wheels originally. The remainder what @Neosolidus said. If I did over would have 18" on front and 20" on rear. Since I have two good front 20" wheels will just change back to 20" here soon. Note: The 22" wheels do look good :00008040: .

Well I sorry, my CRS flared up and I told you wrong. My tires are Delente not Lexani that came on the wheels originally. The remainder what @Neosolidus said. If I did over would have 18" on front and 20" on rear. Since I have two good front 20" wheels will just change back to 20" here soon. Note: The 22" wheels do look good :00008040: .

Arggggggg I just ordered the Lexani based upon your post!!

(NOT)