helmets - do you use one? and if yes what do you use?

• Is that one of the ebay ones? I looked real hard at a black and yellow version but $300 for something not required here in CO was a bit much. Those did said DOT and another approval, but from Malasia or something so they probably just add that to listing to sell. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custo…1f26cd:g:TMcAAOSwoQ5ffJrn

It could be very similar to that one on ebay. One thing I really hate buying from evilbay is anything from China and I'm sure these sellers over that neck of the woods would have no problem printing out DOT or SNELL stickers. They knock-off everything, so I'm sure a couple stickers to rip off Americans makes no difference to them. (All apologies to the few HONEST sellers from that region selling legitimate products)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• DJohnson

I have a Harley half helmet I like but just not into skulls on the helmet anymore.

Funny how things change. I still wear my motorcycle leather jacket in the SS and when we first got the SS we both kind a looked at each other and went “so what is the attire for a SS ?Is there a prerequisite? Is there a SS “look”? Then we figured it out. Just like motorcycles- it’s all individual.😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I still have my day glow orange and black heavy Harley jacket with the double zippers and sleeves the don't let air in. It is great in the sling when it is cold along with the heavy gloves. Now I see no need for my leathers.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• DJohnson

I have a Harley half helmet I like but just not into skulls on the helmet anymore.

Funny how things change. I still wear my motorcycle leather jacket in the SS and when we first got the SS we both kind a looked at each other and went “so what is the attire for a SS ?Is there a prerequisite? Is there a SS “look”? Then we figured it out. Just like motorcycles- it’s all individual.😎

Yep I know what you are saying. I still wear my MC jackets when the weather warrants it. Summer time apparel on the MC used to be ATGATT, and yes it was warm on a 90 degree day but you were protected as well as you could be. Now with the SS I find myself wearing shorts and scandals and I love it...

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

• I am so looking forward to riding my SS in gym shorts this Summer. I have a bunch of burn scars on my right leg just because I thought I could move my Super Glide Custom from one spot to another in shorts. The pipes on a Super Glide are high up and right where they will get you.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• On my way to work this morning I had a (too slow) raven shatter the passenger side of our Madstad wind screen, pictures to follow!

Bill

Ouch!!

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I leave 'gas caps'.

Been there, was distracted by a pretty girl and driving down the road felt like I forgot to reinstall so I pulled over and sure enough. I doubled back about a half mile and was lucky enough to find it in the middle of the road. Untouched and no damage! Now I carry a universal gas mower cap that fits perfect should I forget again.

• California - I always wear a helmet. most of the time its a Daytona 1/2 helmet, but I have a bell full helmet for when its cold or out on the freeway

for the most part in the Slingshot I consider good eye protection to probably be more needed than the helmets - except for the slow ravens I suspect having something hit me in the eyes, be it sand or something worse, is much more likely - these days I am using Oakley SI Ballistic M Frame 3.0 glasses - may not be the coolest looking, but I value my eyes more than how I look

• Been there, was distracted by a pretty girl and driving down the road felt like I forgot to reinstall so I pulled over and sure enough. I doubled back about a half mile and was lucky enough to find it in the middle of the road. Untouched and no damage! Now I carry a universal gas mower cap that fits perfect should I forget again.

Yes, I lost, forgot, mine so I also carry the universal gas cap. I also took another members advice and put the cap on the driver's seat while filling up.

• If it is not raining when I leave the house the Sling will be on the road. So I always have a helmet with me. We got wet last week within 2 miles from the house on the way home.

same here, I even gone ahead and taken the slingshot a few times when it was raining lightly - fortunately here in the desert rain is not a factor often enough to cause problems

• I always hated a helmet - motorcycle or Sling and never wear one but I now wear one in Tennessee! A trooper pulled us over and being the silver tongued devil that I am squirmed my way out of it BUT the fine is $280 PER PERSON !! They made a believer out of me in TN

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it