Replacement Twist Dynamics Wing T-Brackets?

• A good company would not be doing this, just saying.

Guess I'm a little confused...you purchased a product from a company that works with a certain list of vendors. That company was purchased, and my assumption is, they don't work with the same vendors and suppliers they used to. They aren't able to provide you the same product because they may no longer work with the vendor that supplied you with whatever failed. They offer to work with you to come to a mutual understanding...aaaaaand... What was the outcome? Did you work with them?

This situation reminds me of when Tiger Direct bought Circuit City...Tiger Direct couldn't warranty any products that we're not both carried by Tiger Direct and Circuit City. If it was a circuit city exclusive, tiger direct didn't replace or repair those items. They did however offer customers discounts and ways to resolve the issue.

Not trying to be an ass...but it looks like they offered a solution or a means to work with you on something they could not warranty.

From a personal standpoint, I had an issue with a top from Slingshot Only, and it was handled professionally and I'll continue to do business with them.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Sorry but no, they should have honored their warranty, they are the same company i purchased from no name changed so for all intent and purposes it is the company i bought it from.

Their version of working it out was a 10% discount.... insulting if you ask me, if they wanted to really be helpfull they could have said I can't honor the warranty but to help you out and keep you as a customer I will sell them at cost.

What pissed me off the most is the fact that they tried to make a buck on trying to replace that shit of theirs that failed to begin with.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Sorry but no, they should have honored their warranty, they are the same company i purchased from no name changed so for all intent and purposes it is the company i bought it from.

Their version of working it out was a 10% discount.... insulting if you ask me, if they wanted to really be helpfull they could have said I can't honor the warranty but to help you out and keep you as a customer I will sell them at cost.

What pissed me off the most is the fact that they tried to make a buck on trying to replace that shit of theirs that failed to begin with.

I'm not shocked. I bought two bikes off Cycle Springs. The first was a Can Am and the sale went fast, simple and great I was a happy customer. Couple months later I bought another bike and if it wasn't for my wife wanting this certain bike they had I would have told them to fuck off. Well it's sad, funny, and confusing how a company sells itself to another company and yet you still sell the product, sponsor that company, and the person who was in charge is still sporting the logo over 6 months later as his profile pic. I wouldn't buy paper from Cycle springs nor slingshot only for free. I order from anyone except them two even though they are located closest to my house.

RNJ12

• my understanding is Scott bought the name and assets of Slingshotonly. From multiple conversations with folks he has worked hard to honor or help past clients with issues.

I am not a lawyer, but seems to me his liability to past sales from when cycle springs is limited based on how the overall purchase was done. Scott is, IMO, a stand up guy who cares about his customers.

He won’t be able to please everyone, but seems to try.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• my understanding is Scott bought the name and assets of Slingshotonly. From multiple conversations with folks he has worked hard to honor or help past clients with issues.

I am not a lawyer, but seems to me his liability to past sales from when cycle springs is limited based on how the overall purchase was done. Scott is, IMO, a stand up guy who cares about his customers.

He won’t be able to please everyone, but seems to try.

Exactly. I had probably one of the most irritating of interactions with the Slingshot Only team while it was going through the transition...no communication, no anything for over a week. Scott made it a point to contact me directly on a product that they still warrantied and they took care of it.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Still, if a business is sold and continues doing business under the same name, I'd expect them to honor warranties from the original business, especially if the product was manufactured by another business that is still manufacturing the product in question.

• Still, if a business is sold and continues doing business under the same name, I'd expect them to honor warranties from the original business, especially if the product was manufactured by another business that is still manufacturing the product in question.

apparently you and I are crazy for thinking that.

• Usually all the assets are sold as a package...so any warranty work done to honor previous sales comes right out of the new owners pocket....that means if they can't afford to do it they won't. Not because they are being dicks....maybe they are on a fine profit line with making the new loan payments and rent and utilities and help and insurance....etc.. They are trying to keep their investment open and operating....

The old owners pocketed the money from those previous sales...

Would you make the repairs on a vehicle you sold to someone else?

If they can afford to do it they most likely would to spread the good word of mouth reputation...

• Past, present, and future liabilities may or may not be transferred with the sale of a business. It depends on the terms of the sale.

When I sold one business I also sold all past, present, and future liabilities and with the other that I sold, I did not transfer any of the liabilities

If I had promised that the vehicle would run or drive and it did not then I would expect that the new owner would require me to make it run and drive or return the purchase price for the vehicle and i would get the vehicle back

• If I sold a business, I'd want to try and include language in the sale contract to require fulfillment of existing warranties. I would expect the buyer to factor possible warranty costs as part of the offer. If I were buying a business, I'd expect to see the books so I could know what warranty returns, among other things, have been costing. A few years ago, my Wife and I declined to purchase a used book store (a dream we have long shared). The owner didn't offer a look at their books, but a quick glance at an expense/profit statement told us it was not a viable proposition, The eventual buyer was out of business a little over a year later.

While I was still working, several of us in the office used to frequent a Chinese restaurant that was eventually sold to a new owner. The new owner did such a poor job running the restaurant the original owners bought it back to save their good name. It was quickly restored to its previous popularity.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• you can't make this statement, honoring my warranty claim would have costed them maybe 30 bucks..... and for sure would have gotten them a lot of free publicity as I would have posted a positive experience review here and FB.

• All I think you misunderstood my point, but then again I am not that articulate. ;(

Scott IMO will and has tried to do his best to honor the warranties of products sold prior to his purchase.

To all I hope it all works out!!

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

Wait for Black Friday and you can get your 10% discount

• All I think you misunderstood my point, but then again I am not that articulate. ;(

Scott IMO will and has tried to do his best to honor the warranties of products sold prior to his purchase.

To all I hope it all works out!!

Well the thing is I have presented documented proof that they are not honoring them, I am not saying that you are lying about them honoring your warranty if they did then they are picking and choosing who's warranty they honor based on some unknown criteria which whatever it is is wrong since every customer should be treated equally.

I have posted the above email on FB where scott himself has seen it and not once has he tried to reach out to "solve it" as you claim, instead he has ignored it.

they were tagged on this post, have they responded?

Again actions speak louder than words.

• The funny thing about all this is it sounds like the problem lies with a Twist Dynamics product. Just to try and clarify, is TD refusing to fix their evidently poor design or is the problem with Slingshotonly? As a retailer of TD products, you'd think it wouldn't be that hard for Slingshotonly to tell TD to try and fix the problem or get dropped as a supplier.

• you can't make this statement, honoring my warranty claim would have costed them maybe 30 bucks..... and for sure would have gotten them a lot of free publicity as I would have posted a positive experience review here and FB.

Your one unit would cost $30...how much would 10 be or 20?

And there could be much more expensive fixes....where does it end before the new guy goes under from these fixes for sales he never saw any profit from....

I understand your feelings and mine would probably be exactly the same....

I'm not sticking up for him or running him or anybody else down....I'm just explaining that not everything cost wise is visible to the customer and all is not cut and dry....

Not every business sale is all inclusive ...of past liabilities....would you buy a business that had liabilities? What if the old owner knew he was going to sell and did stuff not above board because he didn't care about the new owners plight?

I'm sure if they could afford to fix past mistakes they would as a good will gesture..

Also remember over half of all new businesses fail within the first 5 years...most of the time it's because they didn't have enough on hand cash to counter the unexpected start up costs...