Factory drain plug question

• today was the first time I ever changed oil In a vehicle and got back about 95% of it. Usually I get around half of it back. It usually burns up. First time I ever changed oil with total synthetic oil. Might be why I got so much back. Anyone else notice this with synthetic oil?

• today was the first time I ever changed oil In a vehicle and got back about 95% of it. Usually I get around half of it back. It usually burns up. First time I ever changed oil with total synthetic oil. Might be why I got so much back. Anyone else notice this with synthetic oil?

How could you POSSIBLY keep an engine working with only half the oil!?!?
    How could anyone let their engine get that low on oil!
    You must be buying new engines all the time!!!

The Polaris oil called for in manual is a full synthetic. Even substituting a Dexos 5W30, most are full syn with some being a syn blend. Even using a dino oil should not result in significant oil loss via leakage past rings, etc. Is there anything different about how you drained the oil, ie; jacks, ramps, ground, etc? Any possibility you've not consistently fully draining the sump?

Could also be an optical illusion, if your other vehicles held less than 5 quarts, this oil change will seem like 'more' than normal.
    My lawn mower always seems to use a lot of oil, until I realize it only takes 1 qt to fill it, so the drain pan was barely wet.

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• Nope, over the years I’ve had many many vehicles...and they all used regular oil...and I’ve never had almost the entire 5/6 quarts come out...during an oil change....and I try to make sure I get 99% of the old oil out.....because when I’m dumping it back into the container there is always room for a quart of two. Now that’s with changing the filter too every time.

On another note....I was able to stand Beside the SS and take out the drain plug and reinstall it..this is one of the easiest vehicles to do an oil change on.

• I have had this same problem in the past with my Truck. Seams like I would always put more in than I took out. Making sure the engine is warmed up with a 15 min ride before I changed the oil helped the problem. Cold oil doesn't drain well.

Always be yourself unless you can be Batman.
    Then be Batman!