Tires...what are you running?

• Thanks @WraithSS. Your SS looks awesome and is the look I am trying to build, but just need a push in the correct direction. I'll find it sooner or later, but great to have the help from people who have done it!

The info helps:
    Front= 20x9 +35mm 275/30/20
    Rear= 22x11 +45mm 315/25/22
    Ridetech Shockwaves. They have about 7" of travel. Approximately 2" above stock height and approximately 5" below stock.

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• 315 here... I like it...

I would have NEVER guessed that was a picture of your rear tire Marco. It has tread on it. I've never seen one like that on your slingshot. But then, I've never seen your award winning Painter's creation either. Sure am starting to miss not being in Eureka Springs. Even more now that I finally received a call from the insurance appraiser saying he would be here NEXT Wednesday to examine the roof. I could have gone there after all. It's too late now since I couldn't leave until after 10AM tomorrow, so I wouldn't roll into town until late Saturday afternoon - not worth it for only 6 hours of fun

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Ok I will chime in
    I am using stock base rims - stock sizes
    Running BF Goodrich G- Force Sport Comp 2 - summer

Only thing I intend to change is to go to 18" on all 3 wheels
    That is once I locate 2 more 18" base wheels

Note - I eat rear tires - with a huge smile on my face

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• @TravAZ, You have a 345/25/20 Toyo T1R in rear... I'd like to get the 345mm and understand it cuts it close to the shock (any problems with that?), but did you stay with the +45 offset or did you have to use any spacers?

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• Everyone is pretty much running the same BIG rear tire setup. 20X12 or 22x12 45mm offset wheel with a 345/25/20 Toyo T1R tire. It is one of the only directional tires that comes in a large size and works with no modifications. Yes, it even works with the stock shock.

On a different note - I had a 335/30/18 Toyo R888r I was going to mount on my track wheel, but it wasn't directional and honestly didn't look like it was going to fit. It looked almost a 1/2 inch larger than the T1R 345/25/20. Odd deal...

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• Everyone is pretty much running the same BIG rear tire setup. 20X12 or 22x12 45mm offset wheel with a 345/25/20 Toyo T1R tire. It is one of the only directional tires that comes in a large size and works with no modifications. Yes, it even works with the stock shock.

On a different note - I had a 335/30/18 Toyo R888r I was going to mount on my track wheel, but it wasn't directional and honestly didn't look like it was going to fit. It looked almost a 1/2 inch larger than the T1R 345/25/20. Odd deal...

Has anyone tried Toyo PROXES S/T III 335/25 R22 ?
    Search For New Tires - Car, Truck & SUV Tires | Toyo Tires

• No. That is a SUV tire and wouldn't belong on the rear of a Slingshot.

If you want a biggest tire - the best option FOR SURE is the 345/25/20 Toyo T1R.

Tire is staged backwards... I know. 285 Nitto 555 next to a 345 Toyo T1R

Edited 2 times, last by TravAZ ().

• @TravAZ - Good catch. I was hoping to go with a 22 inch wheel, but looks like I either need to go with a 315mm tire and 22 inch rim or wider tire on a 20.

• If I did it all over again, I would do the below. This tire combo is the best in my opinion; especially if you want a fat rear tire.

Fronts - Toyo T1R 255/35/19
    Rear - Toyo T1R 345/25/20
    Tire Website

Wheels options from - http://www.getyourwheels.com/wheels

Forgestar - Forgestar Wheels - 19x9 fronts at as close as you can get to a 42mm offset and 20x12 rear at a 45mm offset
    Rohana - Rohana Wheels - same sizes as above
    XO Luxury Wheels - XO Wheels - same sizes as above

Any way you look at it, if you want bigger than 305, it is going to cost quite a bit more money. On 345 options, it is no brainer because only 1 tire really works.

I list this as the "best" option in my opinion because...

• fattest rear tire you can get
    • all tires are directional tread
    • offsets and rolling diameters are right, so rubs wont happen and nanny lights stay off
    • these are a good sticky summer tire with decent wet traction
    • Wheels are the most affordable at the correct offsets

Just priced out a set from the links I gave and you will be around $2,000 for a set as shown above.

• I have that same front and rear tire size on order in bronze burst forgestar c5fv's