Dealer schedule

• Just got a call from my dealer...we discussed my limited warranty and they will inform me how much is left...found a bunch of codes and they know what is causing my electrical issues. Parts need ordered....he also wanted to know exactly what I meant by it hesitates...so I explained that to him....and the hot starter not working issue...so he's going to take a long high speed ride and stop back at the shop to test the hot starter issue so he doesn't get stranded ...

I mentioned the catastrophic brake sensors being replaced under warranty and he said....sometimes during installation they get some dirt in them that clogs the tiny orifice

• Found out when I took my SS to drop it off to be worked on....I told the guy behind the computer what the issues were....he wrote them down.....the next day I got a call from the guy doing the actual work....and some of the things he thought needed fixed were not exactly explained in enough detail so he could figure out what exactly to do. After talking to me he had a much better understanding of the problems....the point is you should probably make it a point to actually talk to the person that will be doing the work..because things get lost in the transfer of info.

Example...I told the service guy there was an issue with gas flow at high speed...feeling slight lurching like gas starvation..when the guy doing the work called me he thought he could just take it for a normal drive to feel the problem....I said I notice it at 70-80 mph....that completely changed where he wanted to drive it...he realized he needed to be on an actual highway not some back road.

This is probably the reason so many issues aren't fixed properly. Lack of complete understanding of the actual problem to begin with by the actual mechanic.

• My dealer just called and my SS is done...don't have the list of things they put on it....but they said all I owe for is the inspection....they are honoring my warranty even though they consider it used...
    But it's never been titled.... my dealer is treating me very well.... I'm pretty happy...

• Found out when I took my SS to drop it off to be worked on....I told the guy behind the computer what the issues were....he wrote them down.....the next day I got a call from the guy doing the actual work....and some of the things he thought needed fixed were not exactly explained in enough detail so he could figure out what exactly to do. After talking to me he had a much better understanding of the problems....the point is you should probably make it a point to actually talk to the person that will be doing the work..because things get lost in the transfer of info.

Example...I told the service guy there was an issue with gas flow at high speed...feeling slight lurching like gas starvation..when the guy doing the work called me he thought he could just take it for a normal drive to feel the problem....I said I notice it at 70-80 mph....that completely changed where he wanted to drive it...he realized he needed to be on an actual highway not some back road.

This is probably the reason so many issues aren't fixed properly. Lack of complete understanding of the actual problem to begin with by the actual mechanic.

This is why I love to take my sling to Gregory Polaris in Little Rock/Jacksonville, AR. After the person behind the counter puts in "notes" on what you want done, the slingshot mechanic, Jason (Stump), comes out and goes over everything in detail. They have him dedicated to Slings, so you always speak to the same person.

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for cowards.

• This is why I love to take my sling to Gregory Polaris in Little Rock/Jacksonville, AR. After the person behind the counter puts in "notes" on what you want done, the slingshot mechanic, Jason (Stump), comes out and goes over everything in detail. They have him dedicated to Slings, so you always speak to the same person.

We are still looking for someone who likes to talk to him more then once and so far it's been nothing but catastrophic failure.

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• They didn't find anything wrong about the lurching...they didn't say anything about the starter issue...

I thought they might have wanted to pull the fuel pump/filter to see if there was dirt or other fuel delivery issues...that didn't happen..

And I don't know if they could get the starter to act up but I'm guessing they didn't. There is no mention of either on the work order...except the original notations about the possible issues.