Can't stop... Won't stop!!

• Has there ever been a list from Polaris of mods that void the warranty?

According to @funinthesun, if you change the blinker oil before the recommended interval, the whole entire warranty gets cancelled!!
    I have added blinker oil, because I check the level daily. But I won't change it, no way!!
    Also, according to FITS, if you alter the stator pins in the modulator, it not only voids the warranty, Polaris comes to your door and confiscates your Slingshot!!
    Again, this is according to @funinthesun, who's an expert because after all, he invented the Slingshot.
    He's also the Father of Henry at Alpha!
    And the guys at Slingmods, are his Grand Children!
    So there ya go!!
    :thumbup:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Well I never thought I would put on a wing but I am trying to change the air flow on the back deck area of the sling. The deck gets covered in road dust so quick. The fender stopped some but still gets covered. I set up the leaf blower and set up some streamers taped to the top and the fin area and played with a piece of cardboard deflecting the air around. I just happened to click on the local for sale ads and a guy had a new never used aluminum wing that is 44" long and fairly small so I figured for $40 I would give it a try to see if I liked it and if it makes a difference in air flow. Anyways I modified the brackets some and mounted off the back of my top. I can remove it very easy if I find it doesn't do what I want

With our front fender flapping issues and the air flow up under the hood...is putting a rear air foil on adding down pressure to the rear end....lifting the front end ...Which would be counter productive..

• With our front fender flapping issues and the air flow up under the hood...is putting a rear air foil on adding down pressure to the rear end....lifting the front end ...Which would be counter productive..

SAY WHAT?

I have been running a wing from day 1
    Never had an issue - ever
    any added downforce to the rear wheel will help.

But then again I never exceed 55 mph

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• But you have to use either all season blinker fluid if you're in the warm weather zone, or you need to get the winter formula if it gets below 32 degrees (or in KEV's case, below zero celsius), And you can't ride a slingshot wearing white shoes after Labor Day or before memorial Day

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I understand the down pressure helps the back end....traction and such...but I just wonder if it's enough down force to make the front end want to lift...which would not help with steering traction.

The damn thing is as aero dynamic as a cinderblock ?(

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• If the wing I put on gives that much down pressure and having @mniron s hood pins to keep the fenders down will cause the front end to lift then I better slow down. Wow I would never of thought about that catastrophic event taking place. Thanks for the heads up I will watch my speed to make sure I don't have that happen. :00008356:

• If the wing I put on gives that much down pressure and having @mniron s hood pins to keep the fenders down will cause the front end to lift then I better slow down. Wow I would never of thought about that catastrophic event taking place. Thanks for the heads up I will watch my speed to make sure I don't have that happen. :00008356:

Goose
    It is all my fault - should have kept my thoughts to myself

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Since I haven't seen any wind tunnel videos showing the effects of the wing on the back and front end as to whether the wing causes the front end to come up higher with increasing the speed...the point is moot...

The aerodynamics of the SS had to be addressed by Polaris during the R And D phase and that's probably the reason for adding traction control...instead of a wing...

Don't get me wrong I like the way the wings look..but not if it might make the front end lighter at higher speeds by causing lift from the wing pushing the ass end down.

• @Bigdog- I guess I don't see it as a plausible theory or significant concern.

1) it would seem the rear shock and spring would compress first and settle the back end from the downforce generated by the wing - with one tire, more grip would be better

2) with most of the weight in the front end, how many pounds of downforce on the rear deck would be required to affect handling characteristics?

3) it doesn't seem as though a lot of air makes it back to the rear deck area anyway so not sure how much downforce is actually being generated. Add on a taller wind screen, or a roof, or a rear wind deflector and even less air makes it to the rear deck or a wing.

4) To the best of my knowledge, there hasn't been any prior reports or concerns from existing owners who have a wing with the front end being lightened / loosened up due to the wing on the back.

5) The generally accepted perspective and more realistic concern is that the aerodynamics of the front nose / hood tends to lift the front at higher speeds as air is piled under the nose. Some have added hood vents to let air out and Polaris redesigned the front wheel fenders / splash guards on the 2017 models to let more air out.

Just my perspective, but I don't see how a rear wing on the Sling would greatly influence the front handling characteristics.

• With our front fender flapping issues and the air flow up under the hood...is putting a rear air foil on adding down pressure to the rear end....lifting the front end ...Which would be counter productive..

I understand the down pressure helps the back end....traction and such...but I just wonder if it's enough down force to make the front end want to lift...which would not help with steering traction.

@Bigdog, for all the reasons noted by @Live-a-Little! and more, you don't really need to worry about the front end lifting - with or without a wing. Keep in mind that the hood is just molded plastic and flexes much easier than either steel or fiberglass (fiber reinforced plastic resin). The visible wobble is really just an aesthetic issue. The wing does not pose a significant front traction problem because it does not raise the front in any way nor does it reduce the weight sitting on the front wheels. It changes the overall vehicle angle of attack by compressing the rear suspension but only by approximately 1 or 2 degrees which is not enough to cause concern.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• @Gadgeteer I cannot see how a battery can be considered a mod that voids warranty.
    However, I have given up the fight with the evil corporate dog called Polaris. Their goal is to drag it out long enough to get me to cave. I did. My dealer did a full continuity test and all is good from the wires through so they are putting inline fuses in for me. In my opinion the Jcase is a faulty piece from the factory and should be a recall, but we will see what happens.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• @Gadgeteer I cannot see how a battery can be considered a mod that voids warranty.

I agree, changing the battery should not be an issue, but a larger battery can introduce potential problems. Here's an article I found that backs that up. While the actual failure may not be caused by the battery, having a larger battery can make a problem worse.

Also, as @Orangeman noted, extended warranties are not the same as original warranties. They are more like insurance policies and are subject to the rights reserved by the underwriter which is the factory, in this case. If you have your extended warranty through a 3rd party (my first SS extended warranty was through RPMOne, not Polaris) then they hold the cards. Either way, your dealer is your best advocate for justifying the validity of a warranty claim. The underwriter can only make assumptions based on what information is provided to them by your dealer. If your dealer fails to provide enough proof to validate your claim, the factory isn't likely to take your word over the word of their certified dealer technician.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams