Rear Wind Restrictor

• I love the one with the flames my biggest concern is...that it will be considered a rear window by LEOs and the law says nothing is supposed to be on the back windows for safety inspection purposes. It's blocking your view... Especially when it's lit up.. But I think I could have a way around it.... I think it adds a whole lot of visibility for traffic coming up behind you. I'm going to hit buy..... Right after I end this ... I'll take my chances...but I also have the one I made so....

• I love the one with the flames my biggest concern is...that it will be considered a rear window by LEOs and the law says nothing is supposed to be on the back windows for safety inspection purposes. It's blocking your view... Especially when it's lit up.. But I think I could have a way around it.... I think it adds a whole lot of visibility for traffic coming up behind you. I'm going to hit buy..... Right after I end this ... I'll take my chances...but I also have the one I made so....

So why not take your information down to your local LEO office and get a local opinion? You might even get to give a few rides out and make some great friends .... I did for a different modification and now they drive down the cul-de-sac to see what I'm working on next - either that or this ankle bracelet needs new batteries LOL

• So why not take your information down to your local LEO office and get a local opinion? You might even get to give a few rides out and make some great friends .... I did for a different modification and now they drive down the cul-de-sac to see what I'm working on next - either that or this ankle bracelet needs new batteries LOL

That is hilarious! My bracelet never needs new batteries...I do hate the way it chafes my ankle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I have an inspection license and the code is very specific about what you can do and what will pass and what won't .... I'm going to have mine on an on off switch anyway and hooked to the brake light.....that might technically get the ok..

• I have an inspection license and the code is very specific about what you can do and what will pass and what won't .... I'm going to have mine on an on off switch anyway and hooked to the brake light.....that might technically get the ok..

Move to Texas. Safety inspection consists of brake light, blinker and horn. They should just remove the blinkers since no one uses them anyway.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• in Arkansas it is still classified as a MC. The SS is treated as a MC so I don't worry about a back window because that is what a car has. We have a Wind Restrictor installed on our MC. The LEOs around hear treat it like it is registered. Oh ya, Arkansas does not require the annual safety inspection.
    I wouldn't over think it.

• I agree with @Slingrazor , Think about the windshields, I have a tinted windshield on mine and that would illegal on an automobile, a bike may have that. In my state that's OK, not sure about others. Plus in this state, you could paint your rear window black as long as you have side mirrors. Just ask the local PD or highway patrol in your area. It's not like they are making this stuff up,... well, they shouldn't.

• sorry, forgot one thing, here, you can not have any lights on at night that are higher then your headlights unless you have a permit or an emergency vehicle. This only applies to a public highway. Mine is on a switch so I shut it off when driving

• In PA everything is illegal and the SS is classified as an autocycle so I don't know any rules for that...I'm going to look them up now...

AUTOCYCLE LAW 2016

A new law which took effect on Monday, July 25, 2016, created a new category of motorcycles, the autocycle. The autocycle is a three-wheeled motorcycle that has a steering wheel and seating that does not require the operator to straddle or sit astride. These vehicles typically have bucket seats, seat belts, a steering wheel, and gas and brake pedals similar to a car. An autocycle is registered as a motorcycle.
    The license required to operate an autocycle is unique in that you only need a Class C to operate the vehicle, a Class M is not needed. It is important to note that you cannot take a driver’s test in an autocycle for either a Class C or Class M license. The autocycle is considered a motorcycle (even though you do not need a motorcycle license to operate it) and thus does not meet the same standards as a Class C passenger vehicle.

Since an autocycle is considered a motorcycle all other motorcycle laws, including the helmet law, do apply. Some autocycle drivers will fall under the helmet law exemption (enclosed cab, 2 years of riding experience, PAMSP course). The new law also requires that all passengers must be at least 8 years of age to ride in the autocycle.

For more information on Pennsylvania’s helmet law or other motorcycle safety questions, visit our motorcycle safety information center or PennDOT's safety page.

• here is all 12 pages of the motorcycle law for PA...autocycle must follow all of the motorcycle laws and regulations

Subchapterh.pdf

There is a small section about etching but if doesn't seem to apply to the back window. But then again every LEO could have his or her own interpretation.

My deflector will be connected to an on off switch just in case ...

• Move to Texas. Safety inspection consists of brake light, blinker and horn. They should just remove the blinkers since no one uses them anyway.

Really I was told when I moved to central Texas that blinkers were a sign of weakness?
    I want the flames one but in red .
    I have seen bikes get pulled over because of red LEDs the LEO is on his own for judging about blue or red lights it seems.
    If they ticket you , you may win but still need time out for court

• Move to Texas. Safety inspection consists of brake light, blinker and horn. They should just remove the blinkers since no one uses them anyway.

Around here if they use their signal lights at all, they turn them on at the same time that they hit the brakes to make the turn. I thought the whole idea was to let someone know the intent of what you were going to do. (WRONG)

• I get mine inspected at the SS dealership and they sell the wind restrictor. No problem there. Haven't had any Leo issues. One of my best friends who is a Leo and has a SS also has a wind restrictor so I guess he feels ok about it.

Dochatley
    Dallas, Texas

• I just installed my rear windrestrictor. I wired it to the key so it comes on with you start the SS...I took it for a night ride...it's very bright and just about eliminates any view out the back...that said I may Change it to a not so bright LED and wire it to my brake light. As far as the wind goes...I noticed no reduction in wind.

Two things about this picture....the white is from the headlights shining on my barn stone wall and I'm not sure where the yellow comes from because there is no yellow in the LEDs..it's totally just red. The realistic fire illusion looks good but it's just that..