Charging my cell phone with my truck.

• I have been at one of the offices I work for most of the morning. My battery went dead on my cell phone so I looked around for a charger and everyone was oblivious to what I needed. So I did the most obvious thing that come to my mind. I'll take it out to the truck and idle it for 30 minutes while it fast charges my phone. The thing I wanted to bring up by this post is this::::

What happened to frigging cigarette plugs that stay hot all the time. No matter if the truck is running or not!!!!!!

Most vehicles have at least one plug that is hot even when the vehicle is off. Both of mine are the ones in the center console. I am going to assume that you checked them all. My GMC Sierra had one in the console and the one on the back of the console was hot also.

Keep the dirty side down.

• I have been at one of the offices I work for most of the morning. My battery went dead on my cell phone so I looked around for a charger and everyone was oblivious to what I needed. So I did the most obvious thing that come to my mind. I'll take it out to the truck and idle it for 30 minutes while it fast charges my phone. The thing I wanted to bring up by this post is this::::

What happened to frigging cigarette plugs that stay hot all the time. No matter if the truck is running or not!!!!!!

Should have bought a Chevy Brother....

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Most all of these shutoff systems are coming to all vehicle's. The new Jeep Wrangler coming out this fall will have the auto shut off function but at least FCA has a shutoff feature. Also all Wranglers have two power ports. The hot one is located inside the center console kind of hidden. The 07-10 had two in the dash. Keep looking @rabtech you might find a hidden one somewhere.. :thumbsup:

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I feel ya.... here is my average over the last 7000 miles. I run the sh1t out of this raptor.

Not only do you runt the shit outta that Raptor but it looks like you drive the SHIT outta it too! Damn Rab @ 11.1 mpg thats worse that my 06 Navigator!! Do you drive everything like your in the SLING?!? laugh-squared

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• Trucks with eco, blame the people that complain about gas mileage. I love it when people shopping for trucks are worried about their mileage per gallon. I'm in the car business. Your buying a truck who cares what your getting for miles. Now you spend 70k on a truck and have to worry about little quirks like this because people want the same mileage their getting out of their Ford Focus. I drive a 2016 Duramax I couldn't tell you what I get per gallon it doesn't matter it's a truck. I would be pretty annoyed though if my tuck had this eco option.

You are right, I am in the car business also.... Why do people expect the same fuel economy out of a truck that they would any sedan. It all has to do with the rules that obama put in place for the EPA... look at Volkswagen, they fooled the system for a while.

As far as a 3/4 ton and up truck they have less rules on emissions. That is why some of them do not have fuel economy on the factory window sticker. The Raptor is what it is, a badass truck that has the performance capability to do just about what ever you want to.

How does the new Raptor compare to the older ones with the 6.2L? That is what I have been wanting to find out.

Keep the dirty side down.