Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• "We say those need to be addressed also but let’s deal with this one issue and help save a few lives. "

Slingblade

Need to be addressed as in remove them as well. At least have the balls to say it like it is. A liberals wet dream is to have a completely disarmed US. You know you can always move to Canada or Europe right? Your bunch continue to act as if guns (an inanimate object) are shooting themselves and killing people. Do you know how many people die in cars every year? That would be 42,915 according to the department of transportation. Why not ban vehicles as well while we are at it? Thats why noone here is entertaining your comments bud, you are not bringing anything useful to this thread except inflammatory dialogue. It's extremely rare to see a liberal exhibit any type of logical argument and you are far from the exception.

• "We say those need to be addressed also but let’s deal with this one issue and help save a few lives. "

Slingblade

Need to be addressed as in remove them as well. At least have the balls to say it like it is. A liberals wet dream is to have a completely disarmed US. You know you can always move to Canada or Europe right? Your bunch continue to act as if guns (an inanimate object) are shooting themselves and killing people. Do you know how many people die in cars every year? That would be 42,915 according to the department of transportation. Why not ban vehicles as well while we are at it? Thats why noone here is entertaining your comments bud, you are not bringing anything useful to this thread except inflammatory dialogue. It's extremely rare to see a liberal exhibit any type of logical argument and you are far from the exception.

As I stated before when some other mentioned banning cars, if you want to ban cars and let the economy implode accordingly, let’s discuss it then. I’m game. This is the idiocy of the conservatives. Total false equivalence is your go to answers, along with “you can just move somewhere else”.
    Address them as in, address the licensing, registration, along with traceability and getting rid of jackasses packing them around like some idiot from a cowboy movie. It sounds like you need to grow some balls and walk out your front door without feeling the need to be packing for once.

We just had another weekend of over a dozen multiple causality shootings (because you snowflakes hate it being called “mass shootings”). What is the only common thing in all these incidents?🤔 Could it be guns? Guns in the hands of people that you would fight for their right to have that gun, right up to the moment where they pulled said gun out and started firing away, maybe even afterwards?
    “Well, if more people had guns, they could stop those shooters!” That is the most bullshit answer imaginable. Let’s have more bullets being sprayed by ill trained, if trained in any manner, in a crowded area.

• Does anyone remember what happened when AR15s were band? I don't recall the military and police going door to door taking away legal owners guns.

The ban was on sales not ownership. Who knows what level of stupid will be in new legislation.

Let's not forget how banning alcohol worked during prohibition.

• Congratulations to president Biden, it's official. Gas prices have now doubled since he took office. His plan to destroy the economy and crush the middle class is working great.

......... bored-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Well heck, the 9/11 attacks are barely measurable there! Why did that even make the news then? Liberal news for you.

Since everyone dies anyway, why should there even be any laws concerning murder? Let’s have a 24/7 365 days/year purge then. FREEDOM!!

As I stated before when some other mentioned banning cars, if you want to ban cars and let the economy implode accordingly, let’s discuss it then. I’m game. This is the idiocy of the conservatives. Total false equivalence is your go to answers, along with “you can just move somewhere else”.
    Address them as in, address the licensing, registration, along with traceability and getting rid of jackasses packing them around like some idiot from a cowboy movie. It sounds like you need to grow some balls and walk out your front door without feeling the need to be packing for once.

We just had another weekend of over a dozen multiple causality shootings (because you snowflakes hate it being called “mass shootings”). What is the only common thing in all these incidents?🤔 Could it be guns? Guns in the hands of people that you would fight for their right to have that gun, right up to the moment where they pulled said gun out and started firing away, maybe even afterwards?
    “Well, if more people had guns, they could stop those shooters!” That is the most bullshit answer imaginable. Let’s have more bullets being sprayed by ill trained, if trained in any manner, in a crowded area.

Sorry jumping in late here but I believe I have read plenty. You sound like every liberal that wants to feel safe and take away everyone's guns. In a perfect world we could take away all the guns *poof* then the evil people would use a different tool if they want to kill someone. For instance knives have killed more people than guns. Before I go on let's talk about sensationalizing the media shall we... When a plane crashes with say 200-300 people it makes headlines and everyone is saying OMG that is awful.. when in fact more people die everyday by the thousands in cars but you do not see that in the news because it would never stop. Now let's continue... You want to argue with someone mentioning how many people die in cars compared to guns and you said the economy will implode.. You can not seem to see the trees through the forest.. The point is deaths correct? So you do not have to like the statistical facts but you do need to accept them, so remove your emotions from your replies it will help greatly. So we are not going to get rid of cars obviously and remember we all had to take a written test and a drivers test and still people have accidents. We also have illegals that drive without a license and there is nothing you can do about that until you get caught. We can talk about alcohol being banned to save lives? Drinking and driving is a big one, domestic abuse? Alcohol is a depressant. I could go on an on but honestly if you do not get the point you probably will never.

So now let's look at guns.. Good people do good things and bad people do bad things, we can agree on that can't we? In the United States without going into rich vs poor, Chicago..one of the most gun controlled states..how is the deaths and crime working out there? If everyone had guns on them, wouldn't it make you think twice before robbing people or going on a killing spree? How did it work out for other countries like Venezuela? You can research history and see what happens to the people when they are not allowed to have weapons to defend themselves, never worked out good for the people.

How about restrictions? Just a way to infringe on law abiding citizens, example.. 10 round gun mags (Do you know how quick and easy it is to switch a magazine? You can do your own research but even a novice can do that under 2 seconds) Do criminals care about any gun laws? No.. So why punish Law abiding citizens for what criminals do? Most of the shootings are done by people who are criminals or have mental disabilities. "Locks keep honest people honest and a thief a thief."

All of this gun control is attacked by fearing the people, politically charged and conveniently happens around election times.

You know in our history guns were used to protect and provide food. Family and community was much more connected. You taught your kids values. Guns were taught not to be toys but tools and to respect them, train and be proficient. Why did we not have problems with school shootings in the past, what changed? Most shootings take place where it is a gun free zone. Why can we send 40 Billion dollars to Ukraine and provide weapons yet we can't afford to have armed security at the schools? You could employ thousands of homeless veterans that fought for this country to keep us safe and free! You could offer programs to teachers that want to help, train them and give them extra money to protect the kid. I know I would feel much safer if teachers had guns to protect our children. How about metal detectors at schools? Do we even want to get into protocols for going in to stop a threat? The parents that were arrested for going inside to help? We have way more other serious issues than generalizing guns as if they are the real issue. If you are only following the mainstream media you have been conditioned and gaslight for so long you need to be red pilled. As always I encourage people do do their own research and never take anyone's word, think for yourself and stop letting others stop your mental growth.

God Bless American! Home of the Brave, Land of the Free! :flag_United_States:

• Let me see if I can address your responses in the order they were presented.

I do not want to take away everyone’s guns. I do want to take away guns being carried so freely. Many states have carry without any licensing or requirements. This is simply idiotic. I do want to take away the semiautomatics, especially the ones that have quickly removable and/or high capacity magazines. No one needs to be able to rapid fire a practically unlimited number of rounds. There will always be ways for people to do harm but we can slow the carnage. Especially to bystanders. You mention knives. I would like to see where you get that information. Are you referring to all of history. Since the first of the year? How many kids killed in road rage knifings on the highway? How many kill by stray knives during a knife fight at a party or nightclub? How many in schools, grocery stores, concerts, church or any other place you would think of? Let’s then compare that to shooting victims. Now the news media. It is a fact the news media blows all news out of proportion. This is especially true with the advent of the 24 hour news channels. When a plane crashes, it can not be described as any thing other than a horrible event. But so are the deaths attributed to car accidents. Data shows us flying is extremely safer than driving. On the local news I believe you will find virtually all car fatalities are covered. Do you not believe the economy would suffer it there were no cars or trucks? The only time I mention cars or trucks is when some of your comrades start with “what about cars”. Unless someone would want to propose the elimination of cars especially the most unsafe ones, and yes, Slingshots would fall into that category, why bring that up. However, if someone does feel cars, or certain types, need to be banned, let’s discuss it. This includes the accidents, illegals driving, all of it. I wouldn’t mind for one minute the banning of alcohol, how about you? Should be discuss it? If not, why mention it then? Domestic abuse? This is most defiantly a strong point about not having guns in that home. This is where many shootings occurs. So, discuss that then? I’m game.

Paragraph 2: Bad people do bad. Good people do good, until they do something bad in all too many cases. An innumerable of instances when someone does bad, every interviewed that knows that person will say “ he has always been a good neighbor, employee, church member,…. Chicago is mentioned. You do realize the state lines are open, not checkpoints, right? Where do the guns used in Chicago by shooters come from? Give up? From other US states! This is true for virtually every gun used by criminals, drug lords and thug in the entire world. With the laughable gun laws in the US, this country has become a middleman for the entire worlds criminals. Let’s pretend everyone has guns on them, or at least most. A shooting starts, it’s hard to tell where it comes from, suddenly there are guns everywhere, who’s the shooter? Is it the tough bike looking guy? Or is it the nerdy looking kid? Maybe you will remember a few years back, there was a multiple shooting occurred at a mall. An ex marine heads toward the location. Hears comes the cops. Can you guess who the cops shot and killed, that’s right boys and girls the ex marine, good guy with a gun. Being black almost certainly didn’t help him any in that situation either. As far as how is it working out in Venezuela? I would have to ask how is it working in Australia, New Zealand, pretty much all of Europe, Canada? Sensible gun laws have worked well. You and your comrades alway want to use some third world, drug lord or dictator ran country to measure the US by. Really?

Paragraph 3: Restrictions. All restrictions are to “keep an honest man honest”. 10 round mags. This I address earlier. So, only criminals or mentally disabled do shootings? So let’s reduce the number of guns they can get. Make it more difficult to get those guns. Let’s all gun sales go through dealers and be documented and the guns registered. Even the so called “private sales”. Will this keep all criminals from obtaining a gun? But it will certainly make it more difficult and reduce the number they have. This would include the “ghost gun” parts.

Paragraph 4: of course it’s political. Everything is political these days. This however, is an epidemic that has raged for many years. And the problem continues to get worse and worse as time passes and the conservative fights to normalize it and place blame on everything besides the tools the shoot has to have to do what they do.

Paragraph 5: In the Mayberry days you describe, people also didn’t parade around with the guns. If a couple of guys got into a fight they duked it out or whip out knives and whittled on each other. Now, if someone gets someone’s parking space, out come the guns and everyone around are running for their lives and/ getting hit in the crossfire. You really want a homeless vet with PTSD with guns in schools? Give MR. Johnston from shop class and Mrs. Brown from math along with the janitors and lunch staff guns too? The kids wouldn’t have to only worry about a teacher or staff member loosing it and going postal, the student that wants to get even for being bullied won’t have to bother with trying to sneak a gun in, there will be plenty there already. Hire more police to walk the halls? How about put up razor wire and bars on the windows to complete that prison look? I’ll let you get back to your FAUXNews and Kool-aid.

• Do you not believe the economy would suffer it there were no cars or trucks?

You are right. Cars and trucks are important to the economy. Guns are important to freedom against tyranny.

You say you are not for banning guns so props to you, but the people you are asking to keep you safe ARE in favor of banning them, consider Biden's most recent quote: "The 2nd amendment is not absolute..."

Imagine if the government decided to round up Jews today, given the amount of guns in the country it would be literally civil war, if the left succeed in banning them, it will be like a gathering of cattle.

Also consider they are not talking about hardening schools, adequate training for law enforcement so the shooter doesn't have 1 hour to do as they please or hiring trained and vetted combat veterans to guard schools they just talk about banning "mean looking weapons".

I carry all the time because I am responsible to do my best to ensure the safety of those i love and care for so I will get the best tool for the job that I can get my hands on, because nobody is coming to save me.... or you either.

Side note: The main difference between a scary looking military type weapon and it's less "black" counterpart is the military version is MUCH easier to clean and maintain.

• We have a government that says they can define a bumblebee as a fish for purposes of environmental law

We have a government that cannot or will not define what a woman is for purposes of the law

No way in hell I want to trust this same government to define what an assault weapon is for purposes of the law

When they say they want to ban "assault weapons" they are really saying we want to ban every single gun we decide to call an assault weapon

Think about it - these idiots on the left keep saying gender if fluid - - like it can and is constantly changing - - - if they can convince themselves of that then I would bet their definition of what an assault weapon is will be equally fluid

Really, If they can't agree that people with two X sex chromosomes are female and people with an X and a Y chromosomes is a male then there is no way in hell I could ever trust them with much of anything - - seems pretty clear from their current track record that they will define anything as whatever they want if it fits with their agenda.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Born with XX = Female

Born with XY = Male

Once born this can never be changed and if you think it does change just because a person might choose to identify differently then you are a moron and should be considered mentally unfit to make and/or pass laws. Gender is no more fluid than race - - - you are what you are.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Violence and food insecurity in urban areas are on the rise, just wait until this summer. Rolling blackouts will shut down air-conditioning and disrupt essential services. It's going to be like the wild west. I'm sure Biden's crew has a plan for that, oh yeah gun control.🤣

• Violence and food insecurity in urban areas are on the rise, just wait until this summer. Rolling blackouts will shut down air-conditioning and disrupt essential services. It's going to be like the wild west. I'm sure Biden's crew has a plan for that, oh yeah gun control.🤣

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nor…locks-down-active-shooter

I thought I would be fairly safe here in my mountain hideaway - this crap is happening 20 miles from me and Asheville murders are on the uptick - gonna be a rough summer looks like!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I find it interesting that many on the left seem to think an increase in gun violence, be it mass shootings or whatever, should be used as a reason to ask me to give up my guns. Fact is the more gun violence that I hear and read about the more comfort I take in knowing I have the guns to keep it from coming into my home

"people are killing innocent people with guns" - - "so please give ups your ability to protect yourself" - - - - - I don't think so!

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies