Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• another tag:00008674:

….when you come in “guns blazin” (or assault weapon lookalike blazin, 🤣🤣), In a room inhabited by opposite views you will lose. FACT. it just ands up in name calling and butt hurts.

As entertainment value, it gets boring after a bit.

I would rather see a discussion with points of view and possible solutions to the issue (which I have yet to see).

But thats just me.

• Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Okay Sparcky - here are some facts we can discuss - first fact In the U.S., mass public shootings account for less than 0.5% of all gun deaths every year.

less than on quarter of one percent of all of the deaths in the United States from 1995 to 2016 were the result of "mass shootings" - - - in fact less that one half of 1 percent even involved a gun - - -Source

so now lets narrow this down further to the type of guns used

Of that less than 1/4 of one percent of homicides where it fits the definition of a mass shooting the vast majority of deaths were caused by hand guns only about 1/2 half as many deaths were caused by rifles and it is not indicated how many of those deaths were caused by rifles that would have been classified as an assault weapon, but clearly if you look at the numbers it has to be a very very small fraction. - source

So considering these facts it seems odd to me that if people really care about reducing the number of homicides in this country the focus would be on the type of weapon used in less than one quarter of one percent of all homicides.

It is my opinion (which you are free to challenge) that the only reason is because of the sensationalisim the press makes out of mass shootings and the emotions it invokes it gives politicians something to latch onto for their own political gain - to get votes and nothing more.

Seriously Sparcky can you tell me why this should be the focus of our political system and our politicians when statistically even if all rifles were eliminated from this country tomorrow the number of lives saved would be statistically insignificant?

• Trump has been gone for two years buddy. I know you miss him dearly but let him go. The trump derangement syndrome is strong on this one.

The orange clown is still very much the heart and soul of the modern GOP. 🤡 And there are many more clowns waiting it the wings. 🎪

Slingblade , again with the name calling. You just cant carry on an intelligent arguement. Really not very indicative of an intelligent individual. It doesnt take a very smart individual to call names, make fun of people, or shout someone down to try and prove a point. There are people on this thread that would love to have an open, intelligent debate on issues that have you pants in a bunch, try it, you may like it.

Oh no! Someone dare use demeaning language toward your god! The nerve of it!

No one on here would ever dream of make a despairing remark toward a Democrat!

Let’s all bow our heads for a moment of silence for the damage done to the pristine reputation of the America’s Greatest Con Man and those who worships at his alter. 😢

The hypocrisy is strong here.

• Well heck, the 9/11 attacks are barely measurable there! Why did that even make the news then? Liberal news for you.

Since everyone dies anyway, why should there even be any laws concerning murder? Let’s have a 24/7 365 days/year purge then. FREEDOM!!

• Well heck, the 9/11 attacks wouldn’t even be measurable there! Why did that even make the news then? Liberal news for you.

Since everyone dies anyway, why should there even be any laws concerning murder? Let’s have a 24/7 365 days/year purge then. FREEDOM!!

Again your failure and / or unwillingness to actually address the facts shows you inability to constructively contribute to this conversation - - as such I am forced ignore any future posts on this subject you might choose to make

I hope you have a great day - good bye :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

See we can agree .......... bravo sir. and thank you for replying.

........ kiss-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Some more fun facts

In 2019 there were 39,707 gun deaths in the United States, in that same year there were 625,346 legal abortions that took the lives of children in the United States

Children's lives lost that didn't need to be lost - - why don't those children count?

They had their own DNA that was not the same as the mothers and they had their own heart beating in their body so clearly they are not just some part of the mothers body why do some people think these facts and science should be ignored? you say its not fair to force a woman to care for a child? well then why not allow mothers to eliminate children after they are born if they dont want to care for them? - -whats the difference? Oh you say it can't live on its own outside of the mothers body so it doesn't count? - can a 1 year old live on its own without an adult caring for it? how about a 2 year old? Lets not burden a mother with the responsibility for these children - - its not fair!

Just like the assault weapon subject - - - - its all politics - - politicians dont give a flying fuck about lives lost or lives saved - - all they care about is getting the vote of their special interest groups

• you’re generalizing again. Its not black and white. Its grey.

Abortion is NOT birth control in general. But there are times it should be used as such. Such as rape, incest, etc. also for medical reasons.

You will never convince me that if a woman is raped, and becomes pregnant she should be forced to have the baby and not have an abortion if she so chooses.

Guns and abortion, 2 very different arguments.

Think grey, not black and white.

• I agree very different issues but the fringes are driving the conversation on both. Our country has gotten to the point everyone is in their own camp and doesn’t even want to hear what the opposition has to say. IMO banning 9mm handguns is just as absurd as saying life begins at conception. Has anybody ever heard of a broken condom?? Until this country gets people in office that truly want to meet in the middle and get things done we are going to be stuck in the mud !!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Again your failure and / or unwillingness to actually address the facts shows you inability to constructively contribute to this conversation - - as such I am forced ignore any future posts on this subject you might choose to make

I hope you have a great day - good bye :thumbsup:

Ok, since you can’t understand the the intent of my previous comment her you go. I was addressing the fact that your “information” was utter nosebleed. With that “information” you shared, you are showing that since gun violence is such a small cause of death, trying to address that small problem is a total waist of time. This translates to, until we can stop all homicides or maybe even all deaths, there shouldn’t be steps to reduce the number of ones that might can possibly be prevented, especially the ones that might be committed in a mass causality event using a device that the general population doesn’t have a legit need for. That “information” you used is a prime example of how a chart can be created to support whatever nonsense you want to present. Anyone with any sense at all can take one look at that and know that “information” tells us nothing. You argue people want to ban the AR-15 type gun because it is scary looking. No, people want it banded because of the low survivability of a victim compared to other weapons that could be used. You say most mad shootings involve handguns. We say those need to be addressed also but let’s deal with this one issue and help save a few lives. We won’t stop all shootings but let’s take action to save the ones that maybe, just maybe the conservatives will allow.
    If you can’t see my previous comment said pretty much the same thing as this, there really isn’t much hope for you, but hopefully I made this direct enough that you may be able to process it.

• different arguments yes - - I just find it interesting that some people will yell and scream "we must follow the science and/or facts" when they believe the "science" supports what they want, but those exact same people will totally ignore the "science and / or facts" when it goes against what they want

clearly nothing is "black and white", but it remains a fact that assault weapon use in "mass shootings as defined by out government is a very tiny fraction of gun homicides and gun homicides is a very tiny fraction of total homicides - - the only reason why politicians even care about this is because they can use it for votes - - if a person really wants to reduce homicides getting rid of assault weapons is probably close to just about the least effective thing they could possibly choose to do this

• The supreme court is posed to strike down Row vs Wade this month, so this argument of yours is pretty much null and void now at the federal level. But to point out one glaring bit of nonsense, that 1 or 2 year old will survive as long as it is fed and cared for. A 12 week fetus won’t survive regardless of the level of care it receives.
    Do you believe it is better for a child to be raised being beaten, neglected and abused by parents that were forced to bring it into that hell? What if your 14 year old daughter was raped by a severely mentally handicapped 50 year old man? How about if the resulting fetus is shown to be severely handicapped also?

• different arguments yes - - I just find it interesting that some people will yell and scream "we must follow the science and/or facts" when they believe the "science" supports what they want, but those exact same people will totally ignore the "science and / or facts" when it goes against what they want

clearly nothing is "black and white", but it remains a fact that assault weapon use in "mass shootings as defined by out government is a very tiny fraction of gun homicides and gun homicides is a very tiny fraction of total homicides - - the only reason why politicians even care about this is because they can use it for votes - - if a person really wants to reduce homicides getting rid of assault weapons is probably close to just about the least effective thing they could possibly choose to do this

i would say they first and foremost care about it because they have compassion for the families of the people that have been murdered. Your comments make it seem like stopping that small percentage of gun homicides that are not due to direct criminal activity, is a bad thing. An insignificant statistic.

Like I keep saying, and your not listening. Keep your guns. Banning them is not the answer. The answer is limiting the people that can get access to them legally through other means such as red flag laws, etc.

Mental health treatment, while sounding sensible will not work. Until that person actually commits a violent act or crime, you cannot force them into have treatment.

What are your suggestions for helping this situation. You have not answered that question yet. Lets hear a suggestion instead if an excuse.