Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I was very surprised at the earlier post indicating that pumping gas is low risk. I would think voting would be much the same. I live in NJ where we don't have the option of pumping gas. I do however request to pump my own when filling the slingshot and motorcycle. Most are ok with that some are not. I do have sanitizer in all my vehicles which I use before and after.

I am curious as to if other states which allow people to pump their own gas have sanitizer on had at all pumps for people to use and is that factored into the equation when placing pumping gas into a low risk. I suspect the poling stations will have sanitizer at all machines although I will bring my own.

The gas station I usually go to around home here HAD little plastic gloves and sanitizer... That lasted until the stuff ran out... not nothing.... I also have not seen sanitizer at any other gas stations I go to.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• After watching Biden’s statement that all the Governors to mandate masks, it drove home the biggest difference between the two political parties. Biden wants the Federal gov to control the States and Trump wants the States to be self governed.

it’s worse than the that.....they want everyone afraid to go outside to vote......go to school, go to the bar, go to the dentist, go to the restaurant, go grocery shopping, Go protest, go looting, but don’t you dare go to vote in person....you’ll die...
    he’s playing politics....he doesn’t care about the states, or you and me...

• Virtually all of our gas stations around here are self serve - with very few exceptions people pump their own gas. I have never seen any hand sanitizer at any pump in any station and until just now reading your question I never even thought about the need for it.

Just pour a little gas on your hands....

We keep a small bottle in the vehicle (sanitizer) for just such events.

• Well damn,

I must not be getting the memo's

I had a dentist appt for a small cavity thursday and am going in for a upper GI camera looksie Monday.

And am going to go vote IN PERSON Tuesday

And am going to Best Buy tomorrow to buy a new TV.

ohhh gaaawwwddd now I am so scaaareeedddd of catching the big baaaaadddd cooooooovvvviiiidddd.

• source please

Her Jamaican fathers bio and genealogy report he publicly filed .... he is a direct decedent of Hamilton Brown. One of Jamaica's most prolific 19th century slave traders. He also mentioned it frequently in essays and lectures at Stanford.

....... politician-squared

Excerpt from:

Reflections of a Jamaican Father

By Donald J. Harris

"As a child growing up in Jamaica, I often heard it said, by my parents and family friends: “memba whe yu cum fram”. To this day, I continue to retain the deep social awareness and strong sense of identity which that grassroots Jamaican philosophy fed in me. As a father, I naturally sought to develop the same sensibility in my two daughters. Born and bred in America, Kamala was the first in line to have it planted. Maya came two years later and had the advantage of an older sibling as mentor. It is for them to say truthfully now, not me, what if anything of value they carried from that early experience into adulthood. My one big regret is that they did not come to know very well the two most influential women in my life: “Miss Chrishy” and “Miss Iris” (as everybody called them). This is, in many ways, a story about these women and the heritage they gave us.

My roots go back, within my lifetime, to my paternal grandmother Miss Chrishy (née Christiana Brown, descendant of Hamilton Brown who is on record as plantation and slave owner and founder of Brown’s Town) and to my maternal grandmother Miss Iris (née Iris Finegan, farmer and educator, from Aenon Town and Inverness, ancestry unknown to me). The Harris name comes from my paternal grandfather Joseph Alexander Harris, land-owner and agricultural ‘produce’ exporter (mostly pimento or all-spice), who died in 1939 one year after I was born and is buried in the church yard of the magnificent Anglican Church which Hamilton Brown built in Brown’s Town (and where, as a child, I learned the catechism, was baptized and confirmed, and served as an acolyte).

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• SO!! Saw in the news this AM California is trying to pass a “Wealth Tax” whereby they can continue to tax you for up to 10 years AFTER YOU MOVE AWAY !! You made the money in California so you owe em. My memory fails me now but didn’t we fight a little war with England over the same thing?? Edward Neal and SoCal - if you guys decide to bail I’ll hide ya out in the swamps :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• SO!! Saw in the news this AM California is trying to pass a “Wealth Tax” whereby they can continue to tax you for up to 10 years AFTER YOU MOVE AWAY !! You made the money in California so you owe em. My memory fails me now but didn’t we fight a little war with England over the same thing?? Edward Neal and SoCal - if you guys decide to bail I’ll hide ya out in the swamps :00008172:

Just read about this, it looks like they are also going to make it retroactive and collect more money for 2019. WTF

• Don’t get me wrong (can’t stand liberals) but to target someone over their lineage is just crazy & hypocritical. A person can’t control their lineage. That is ‘cancel culture’ “logic.”

For the record, MY family (on mother & father side both) have been in America since well before we became an independent nation. I have slave owners in my lineage. Is that MY fault? Does it make ME a bad person?!

Don’t care what color anyone is (or their ancestry) - what matters is the kind of person they are & what their beliefs/principles are.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Don’t get me wrong (can’t stand liberals) but to target someone over their lineage is just crazy & hypocritical. A person can’t control their lineage. That is ‘cancel culture’ “logic.”

For the record, MY family (on mother & father side both) have been in America since well before we became an independent nation. I have slave owners in my lineage. Is that MY fault? Does it make ME a bad person?!

Don’t care what color anyone is (or their ancestry) - what matters is the kind of person they are & what their beliefs/principles are.

I remember all the celebrities who cried when they found out they were in the same boat. I just find it humorous that the cancel culture folks get themselves in a corner on crap like this. I'm guessing that a lot of slavery related posts are getting deleted form fakebook pages from my liberal friends.

• So I guess we’ll be tearing down his statue.....and she talks about black lives matter......not to her family roots....sounds like she owes reparations to all the blacks....

it matters to the BLM crowd....you aren’t getting a statue.....cancel yourself....

I really appreciate the offer Bill, but if things get that bad here I suspect my wife and I would be off to the Philippines

At least over there I could get away from the 2 party duopoly crap we are stuck in here - - hell over there only the politicians worry about that crap - - - from my understanding even though the government works on the same model as ours they have a bunch of different parties with none of them really having much more power than any of the others, as such they all have to work together and no real grass roots involvement of the voters in those parties - - - - they actually just vote for the person mostly and that sounds great to me :thumbsup:

seriously - no Democrats - no Republicans - - - - - none of the I hate you because your a - - - - crap

:00008674:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies