Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I waited quite a bit before joining the forum and just browsed as a guest. I never clicked on this thread because I wanted to read this forum for what it was created for..the love of the SlingShot. After belonging to so many forums, you learn to steer clear of headings like this, if you just want to share the love of the forum and the common bond. Before you read this thread you read some amazing builds, sharing of ideas, product developments, modifications from the factory design and so much more. You see forum members complimenting each other and cheering each other on to push the limits of the impossible. It seems that everyone is sharing the ride with each video of a 1/4 mile turbo run, smelling the burnouts, seeing their reflections in an amazing Painters paint job, trying to figure out why their pocket has holes and RabTechs is running so deep LOL Gasping when a member wrecks his beloved sling as church is letting out, or sitting on edge for the next photo in a much anticipated build project. Yes there are those days when someone may post the most awful modification but everyone agrees in the thread that "it's their sling, their taste and job well done".

Yesterday my wife and I rented a van to drive our daughter's volleyball team to a game in Fredericksburg. I treated every child on that bus as if they were my own--as they truly are in a way an extension of our family. Sorry to say they lost the game but what I admire was there was no finger pointing/no blaming/no grudges and no slips of anger in the heat of battle. Oh to be a child again. I thought of their innocence and how I was viewing the road with the twists, the turns and changes in elevation--my wife knew I wanted to be in a sports car or on a cycle of some kind--so much purity in the moment of traveling and doing the things we love. Makes it so much better when we find common bonds to do them with so many more people.

The question of race and inequality was an issue prior to Pres. Obama taking office. Sadly, it only became worse when he did take office because it became so much easier for others to hate him openly for his color but they packaged it in his administrations politics.

If we can never get past politics as a divisor, it won't get better but worse. We must put as previously stated "the character" of a person but we can't see that with predispositions of who they are before hand. We must be willing to accept that every life counts, not just those in the womb. We must agree that whether you're a criminal on the streets, or one wearing a badge you are a bad apple. We must be willing to step across the line to help each other not only during the weather storms of life but the "storms of life that spiral families into poverty and bankruptcy". Teach a man/woman a trade for life and give them no excuses to be a burden on society (if medically, mentally disabled--different story). We have to demand that politicians not pass laws that they themselves are exempt from, have term limits and stop letting them spend our tax dollars while they negotiate their future political aspirations. We must also do away with that antiquated system of paying politicians for life after one term.. Above all we must unite and stick to our terms...yes I know all of this is idealistic.

Now...who has the stash of sling tops, powder coated valve covers and other mods catalogued and tucked away? LOL

• MY KIND OF AN AMERICAN (Owner of the Kansas City Chiefs)

Clark Hunt, CEO and Owner of the Kansas City Chiefs

Mr. Hunt called a meeting with all of his Coaches, Players and field staff and firmly told them,
    "You are all simply paid performers on a stage and that field is my stage!
    You will stand, with your hand over your heart and with respect, when our Country's National Anthem is being played or
    you will no longer be a Kansas City Chief, a Coach for the Kansas City Chiefs or have any association with the Chiefs Organization!
    I will immediately fire you, no matter who you are!"
    You can make your political statements off the field, but when you're employed by me and I'm signing your check, I demand that you make our fans proud and not embarrass them."
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• Here, here! It starts at the top. These guys didn't get to be owners by being milquetoast.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• there are back pedaling losers than.. just like Jerry Jones who now sounds like a confused idiot.. it’s hard to separate fact from fiction now- Fuck em All!

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• Thanks!
    Send all those kneeling bastards to a Jason Aldean concert!!!!!

That's a horrible thing to say. It's so very sad that the shooting took place but for you to suggest that the lives of others who don't agree with you be placed at a concert that would perhaps cause the loss of their lives--

For all those who clicked like to this comment, your character has truly been shown and it saddens me to think that when one disagrees with any of your personal beliefs, they should be executed in such a manner.

• That's a horrible thing to say. It's so very sad that the shooting took place but for you to suggest that the lives of others who don't agree with you be placed at a concert that would perhaps cause the loss of their lives--

For all those who clicked like to this comment, your character has truly been shown and it saddens me to think that when one disagrees with any of your personal beliefs, they should be executed in such a manner.

I stand and applaud you my friend. If someone does something like kneeling that doesn't hurt anyone but to say they should be shot at is disturbingly wrong.

RNJ12

• That's a horrible thing to say. It's so very sad that the shooting took place but for you to suggest that the lives of others who don't agree with you be placed at a concert that would perhaps cause the loss of their lives--

You know I don’t agree with the kneeling. My dad was in the Army and served in Korea and Vietnam. I wore the uniform of the Austin Police Dept for over 30 years so to say I am conservative would probably be an understatement. The biggest problem we have in this country is not BLM, or gun control or even government run amuck. It is that we have lost the ability to disagree without vilifying those we disagree with. We call them names in an effort to marginalize them and their opinions. If we don’t figure how to change that, this country is doomed. I tell you now, I will never call names or or ignore you. We must start LISTENING to each other. Ok, off my soapbox now

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app