Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I keep two of these radios new in the box, also 2 weather radios.

Well, just be sure they are full 5 watt power GMRS radios and not the family radio service - FRS radios - - the FRS radios that often come in blister packs with a pair of radios are fun for camping but their power is legally limited to 1/2 watt and range is very limited - - GMRS radios on the other hand are allowed to have much more power. The only downside to GSMR is that you do need a license, but its easy to get online by simply filling out a form and paying a $35 fee which will get you a 10 year license

As a side note if you do get a GMRS license you can get radios for the car that are up to 50 watts - - also there are repeaters for some of the GMRS channels that can get extend the range even of the 5 watt handhelds up to as much as 100 miles

JMO

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Well, just be sure they are full 5 watt power GMRS radios and not the family radio service - FRS radios - - the FRS radios that often come in blister packs with a pair of radios are fun for camping but their power is legally limited to 1/2 watt and range is very limited - - GMRS radios on the other hand are allowed to have much more power. The only downside to GSMR is that you do need a license, but its easy to get online by simply filling out a form and paying a $35 fee which will get you a 10 year license

As a side note if you do get a GMRS license you can get radios for the car that are up to 50 watts - - also there are repeaters for some of the GMRS channels that can get extend the range even of the 5 watt handhelds up to as much as 100 miles

JMO

Good info for those that do not know. I also have the token hopped up CB radio that I have not used in years.

• Good info for those that do not know. I also have the token hopped up CB radio that I have not used in years.

Hehehe - - not even going to admit how much power we used to run back in my CB days - - lets just say we used to have contests to see how far away someone could stand holding a 4 foot florescent lightbulb and still have it light up when you keyed the mike - - =O=O

Back in those days my father was a HAM operator, WA6WOY, and often as he upgraded his gear his castoffs would end up being adapted for use by me

• HOLLY SHIT - How did I miss this announcement today?

Sure as heck Biden must have turned in his resignation today. Why else would the stock market give back what he stole from everyone (Except the Pelosis and her friends) over the past several trading days. If I'm right, could someone PLEASE post a link to that for us all to read?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• HOLLY SHIT - How did I miss this announcement today?

Sure as heck Biden must have turned in his resignation today. Why else would the stock market give back what he stole from everyone (Except the Pelosis and her friends) over the past several trading days. If I'm right, could someone PLEASE post a link to that for us all to read?

Don’t get excited - in the Biden economy it is…

😩

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Good info for those that do not know. I also have the token hopped up CB radio that I have not used in years.

I have to add. I just got myself a newer 5 watt unit because It has the repeater channels which my older Motorolas do not have and I have to say I am impressed. Just went out in my driveway and had no problem connecting to a repeater located about 17 miles down valley which then connected me with a very helpful person who was also down valley - - now that I can use repeaters this greatly increases my range should I need it in an emergency :00008674:

• I have a SSB in my junk somewhere. I gave up on CB after all you heard on the road was foul mouth people talking over everyone else. I had a base station and a antenna tower and belonged to a club in Norfolk, Va. It just got to the point it was not fun anymore. I guess I have not used it in 50 years.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I have a SSB in my junk somewhere. I gave up on CB after all you heard on the road was foul mouth people talking over everyone else. I had a base station and a antenna tower and belonged to a club in Norfolk, Va. It just got to the point it was not fun anymore. I guess I have not used it in 50 years.

Like you I was involved in CB way back in the day and gave it up. Was surprised when I recently learned the FCC apparently gave up on it as well and no longer even requires a license. I think these days the only people still using it are mostly truckers