So it begins... Proud to announce MeanSling.com

• @Ruptured Duck I bought hood latches from China. Installed them and broke the clip first thing. Bought the Rugged Ridge and what a difference. Night and Day!

we have had a huge problem with Chinese knock off of our hood latches. Glad you got the real things!

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I like Rugged Ridge products. My wife also has a Jeep we have done a few mods to. She was getting a little frustrated with all the money going to the Slingshot so I had to step it up. .

Your Sling is sweet!!! Look forward to seeing her jeep when I come up to see y'all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• May have been posted somewhere else but I couldn't find it. How much can you pack in the meansling bags? Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Keep the dirty side down.

• I'll let others answer as well but I have been able to pack about three days in one bag. This includes a pair of shoes.

It's 10" round x 20" long.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• May have been posted somewhere else but I couldn't find it. How much can you pack in the meansling bags? Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

I have been using the same size bags for 2 years, the wife and I have packed for a week and still have some room left using the SS storage also. By using these it gives you a little more flexiblity in storage for trips and buying some things. I also just bought the Mean Sling bags because they are water proof, I was using trash bags inside of the others.

• Got mine yesterday and my wife went straight in to see what she could pack. Seems she was able to get three days worth in with no problem. That included makeup and extra shoes. With the storage behind the seat she doesn't see any problem. Also,since she has her own Sling now and is ordering a second pair of bags, we will be able to pack all she needs for a week plus. :D

• Got mine yesterday and my wife went straight in to see what she could pack. Seems she was able to get three days worth in with no problem. That included makeup and extra shoes. With the storage behind the seat she doesn't see any problem. Also,since she has her own Sling now and is ordering a second pair of bags, we will be able to pack all she needs for a week plus. :D

I have had issues with the storage behind the seats. Gets standing water in them every time it rains. I know that I shouldn't ride in the rain but It doesn't bother me. Have you or anyone else had standing water in the storage area?

Keep the dirty side down.

• @MBMedic If I remember you had concerns regarding your height and visibility out the front. Assume sitting in Bill's help explain it a little better. It's one of those things you just got to see to really understand.

Hope to be hearing from you soon. Will have a couple of tops available first of next week. 8)

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• @MBMedic If I remember you had concerns regarding your height and visibility out the front. Assume sitting in Bill's help explain it a little better. It's one of those things you just got to see to really understand.

Hope to be hearing from you soon. Will have a couple of tops available first of next week. 8)

That's correct, at 6'4" i was concerned with looking up at stop lights and clearance for helmets.

Found peaking out the side super easy for lights and clearance would be a non-issue.

Bill also changed out his seats too and have heard it's even better so may take a second look tomorrow too.

So with the wife saying how she dislikes the sun with heat in excess of 100 f, i figure i got a green light, lol. Even she's starting to say what mods are next. Top, seats, then stereo. From there "we'll see ", lol

• I have had issues with the storage behind the seats. Gets standing water in them every time it rains. I know that I shouldn't ride in the rain but It doesn't bother me. Have you or anyone else had standing water in the storage area?

Be safe in rain sir! You never know when that back tire might break loose...

• That's correct, at 6'4" i was concerned with looking up at stop lights and clearance for helmets.
    Found peaking out the side super easy for lights and clearance would be a non-issue.

Bill also changed out his seats too and have heard it's even better so may take a second look tomorrow too.

So with the wife saying how she dislikes the sun with heat in excess of 100 f, i figure i got a green light, lol. Even she's starting to say what are next. Top, seats, then stereo. From there "we'll see ", lol

If your still on the fence - take mine for a spin tomorrow - if I don't sell some tops @Ruptured Duck is gonna fire me before I get started :D

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• If your still on the fence - take mine for a spin tomorrow - if I don't sell some tops @Ruptured Duck is gonna fire me before I get started :D

lol, I'll keep that in mind.

Not so much on the fence as this top means i need a new windshield. If i remember right, the F4+5 didn't work with RD's top. And i love the F4+5. So getting the top means getting a new windshield which alters my cost.

Plus the damn Canadian dollar sucks ass right now at 1.30 for every dollar spent down here. My wife and I were admiring a luggage rack someone builds here and he's like "it's for sale for $700" gave me the full court press on it too but we're like, man the price is right, but that's still $910 for us.

Really miss ther days when the exchange was only 1.12. What I really need is Slingmods to offer a sale at Par, lol

• Also shipping to Canada can be a royal expensive pain in the ass.

Honestly we are still trying to get that worked out.

Picking it up south of the border is the current less expensive option.

Believe it or not I had an order from Sweden that I had to not fulfill.

(Slingshot Owners Group)