So it begins... Proud to announce MeanSling.com

• I agree with @Painter. The advantages FAR outweigh the disadvantages! I have the top on my new SS. RD installed it in Maggie Valley. Got to use it in rain and sun on my 950 mile trip back home and spent a week driving around town and viewing the signal lights. I'm 6'3" and it took a little practice seeing the lights but didn't take long to adjust. Tried with a helmet and there was plenty of room. I Especially loved the top when I realized how much cooler I was while sitting in traffic.
    Just got home at 11:20 pm tonight. Drove my wife's Sling she bought from @Orangeman from Port St Lucie Fl to the corner of NW AR. 4 hours yesterday, 2 in rain and 2 in 98-100 degrees. 15 1/2 hours today. Ocala to 5 miles before the GA border was rain. Then the rest of the day was bright sunshine and kept going from 89 to 99 degrees.
    I was really wishing I had the top. My face, arms, and knees are bright red and really hurt. I don't normally ride that long but it happens at times and, if nothing else, the top will keep you cooler and also save your skin!

• Great news. Any issues at stop lights? They remain visible without leaning forward?
    These were my main concerns while leaning towards the MeanSling top. It just seemed too low that coupled with my height, it might have been an issue.

Stop lights are another thing. Unless it's a really wide intersection, I can't see them without leaned forward and down, or out to the side. But there are ways to get around that, and it's not really an issue. Usually I just lean out to the side a bit to see the light. The old hot rods with chopped tops had the same issues. Many of them put a mirror on the dash laying flat, so they could see the light. I think I remember seeing one on the yellow chop top that was in American Graffiti if I remember correctly.

• I was really wishing I had the top. My face, arms, and knees are bright red and really hurt. I don't normally ride that long but it happens at times and, if nothing else, the top will keep you cooler and also save your skin!

After our two big road trips last year, I know a top is in our future. Even with sunscreen my wife burns way too easy. I was fine though, I have always simply browned up after my first burn. Hell I could still see my tan lines this spring.

For looks, the MeanSling top is the clear winner. Just need to find one myself and take a look.

• @Chain
    Not at this time. As we grow this will become an optional feature. It's rather expensive on the vendors side. Until we can justify it in relation to the business success we will keep it the way it is set up.

PM me if you would like to discuss further.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Any word on when your top will be available in blue? I want to put in an order asap and also want the travel bags. I may also consider getting the top now and replacing the canvas in blue when available.

2016 Bluefire LE, the fastest color. :D:BLUESS:

• Any word on when your top will be available in blue? I want to put in an order asap and also want the travel bags. I may also consider getting the top now and replacing the canvas in blue when available.

I will be looking into color tops possible in the next top fabric stocking order.
    (1) red
    (2) blue
    (3) gray

Those are the standard colors I can get in the Haartz material.

I need to order (4) of each color so it's a gamble.

I could put the option in on the website and see how many would like the color. When (4) have been requested I could order then.

At this time it's all about where you invest for growth.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• I could put the option in on the website and see how many would like the color. When (4) have been requested I could order then.

At this time it's all about where you invest for growth.

Makes perfect sense to me. For colors, pre-order, and have the total show so that people know when it reaches 4, an order will be placed.

• Hey, @Ruptured Duck, I forget, but did you plan on attending SSITR?

Wondering how empty my Master Card needs to be, lol.

no sorry. We want be able to attend.
    Hopefully in the future we will be able to be 100% MeanSling. For know we still have the Day Job that gets in the way.. bored-squared

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Hey, @Ruptured Duck, I forget, but did you plan on attending SSITR?

Wondering how empty my Master Card needs to be, lol.

Unless things have changed, I don't think he was going to be able to make it to SSITR...if he was, I would have just waited to buy the top till the event. :)

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• @Chain
    Not at this time. As we grow this will become an optional feature. It's rather expensive on the vendors side. Until we can justify it in relation to the business success we will keep it the way it is set up.

PM me if you would like to discuss further.

If you give him the total with shipping you can pay pal money to friends / family cost you nothing I believe

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!