Forward Swept Wing

• Thank You.. Now with my custom body and I want canvas to snap to windshield.. How hard is it to get under it if you do not have lift??
    And how long does it take to remove..
    It does not fold if I remember to pack away ?

I have gotten in without lifting the top but lifting forward and allowing easy entry was one of the things I really liked about the top. It doesn't fold up but the entire assembly can be removed in less than ten minutes without help. Less than five with help.
    With your abilities I think you could modify the top and make it foldable relatively easily.

• Thank You.. Now with my custom body and I want canvas to snap to windshield.. How hard is it to get under it if you do not have lift??

The top that @dangerdarrell has latches at the back, and tips forward when getting in/out. Looks to me from what I saw it would be the easiest to snap to your windshield. I'm not the talented one when it comes to mods, it attaches to the back roll bars.

• I want to go to Deadwood SD next year from NJ and at 66yrs old yes not young old to 4th three wheel rally there and some of the best driving and beautiful mountains passes.
    But after driving 16 hours from Maggie Valley in full sun it just about done me in for 3 weeks.
    So I would luv to trailer SS out but do not want to spend tons of money and if I drive and have a roof to get out of sun think this may be ok if I do 400 to 500 miles a day.
    I built rear wheel dolly and with 4k miles think to far for dolly for destroying front tires being so soft..
    Keep thinking maybe buy rims and put harder tire on front of SS for dolly..
    So really undecided and have to next June to decide.
    Any thoughts on age,mileage and how to get out there..LOL
    I do know traveling cross country 4 yrs ago 7k miles on a BMW RT it is a long hot trip out west.LOL

• Some are renting U-Haul car haulers - just an option fairly reasonable

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

@harleyujoe got your message from our site but have been away for several days. The canvas top is custom made for the framework of the tilting sport top. Meaning it uses Velcro to wrap around the frame and really cannot be used independently of the frame.
    It's what gives the top shape and rigidity.
    Send me an email with pics and maybe there is a workaround. Never know?
    pbennett@meansling.com

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Thank You for taking time to look at my project.. I sent pics and if you need more detail I will supply.Thank You and will understand if to much for you to undertake..Joe
    I have made a fiberglas frame to go around windshield with aluminum incased in it. that is what I was going to snap canvas to .
    I am 6' tall and my plans were to duck under but listening to other customers that can be a task ..LOL
    I guess the reason for front pivot is just in case rear fastener does not take better chance of not taking air and flying off.

• My wife and I drove through the Dakotas on our way to SSITR this year. We stayed overnight in Sturgis on the way down, and enjoyed the ride immensely.

However ...... the heat ..... Up here in Canada at that point, our weather had been holding in between 75 - 85 degrees. We were caught unprepared for the daytime temps of North & South Dakota. They were maintaining temps at 100 - 105 as we travelled through.

The plus side.... I was given "Carte Blanche" to pick out whatever top I wished to have on the Sling. Makes Mods easy when you get passenger permission :)

As for travelling out to Deadwood... a great choice is to run across to Niagara Falls, then through to Sarnia, Ontario, then head North to the Straits of Mackinac and head across to DW from there. The scenery is outstanding, and the temps are better with the breeze coming off the lakes travelling through the Upper Peninsula. (Although planning to swing through Stillwater and checking out Alpha in their own Stomping grounds is also highly suggested 8) )

Just throwing the choice out there.