Anyone driven with out the windshield?

• Love my Madstad 9. After last weeks trip through NM and AZ, I really was able to test the functions of it... Sun, Monday 34 degrees - snow and freezing rain. Dropped to the lowest position, can see right over it, only had to wipe the ice off the helmet. Thursday and Friday 102 degrees and a visit to Tombstone... windscreen raised to highest position... good airflow into the passenger compartment. Does it solve all the problems, no, but it is much better than the stock windscreen.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• In Florida (and probably anywhere else) to ride one of these without a windshield is playing Russian Roulette with whatever wants to fly your way. Case in point. Take a look at what went over my stock windshield traveling at 86 mph hitting my right shoulder, bouncing to the seat headrest and rear panel, before falling on the passenger floor board. To give you an idea of the size, I placed him on the hood next to the turbo emblem. I can't imagine riding with no shield and having this hit you in the face. You can see his exploded internals on the panel. NASTY

That thing could decapitate you! Where's a damn chicken when you need one!

• Agree that a windscreen of some type is needed just for the bugs. I drove my base home in early spring of last year with no shield and just wearing a full face helmet. It was fun but most of the fun was just because the SS is so much fun to drive especially the first couple of runs. My daughter and I went for a couple of long rides last Sunday and the bugs here are bad this spring. Had to clean the screen three times throughout the day. Was pretty hard not to laugh at the dozens of "wind in the face" bikers we passed that day. Everyone of them had to be getting slammed in the face.

I have the F4 +3 clear. I think for our cooler climate the adjust-ability of the madstad is not as critical and when I ordered my shield last year they were still in development anyway so it was not an option. What I like so far about the F4 is it has not scratched at all even when cleaning it with the sand paper grade towels that come out of the gas station dispensers in our area.

• I can't look through the plastic windshield almost threw up on the test ride. Had it removed before driving it home. That said I never used face shields or windshields on any of my bikes. I just got a free set of bubbles and I'm going to cut down the driver side by 5" so I can see over it without interference I'll try that to see how I like it but. I have used goggles for 30 years. Doesn't cause real problems

• I can't look through the plastic windshield almost threw up on the test ride. Had it removed before driving it home. That said I never used face shields or windshields on any of my bikes. I just got a free set of bubbles and I'm going to cut down the driver side by 5" so I can see over it without interference I'll try that to see how I like it but. I have used goggles for 30 years. Doesn't cause real problems

You can also use a seat cushion or get aftermarket seats with more height. PRP gen 2 will increase seat height to your spec. Madstadt will also make an adjustable windscreen for you as low as 7" high.

• I wear a helmet now that has the chin guard and with glasses I need over the glasses goggles the only visible skin now is the tip of my nose. The wind in my face unless it's cold doesn't bother me. When I was 12 I spilled creosote in my eye and your body makes new blood vessels to help it heal. Now my left eye gets bloodshot real easy so riding with windows down or just glasses makes me eyes water. That's why I ride with goggles Keeps me from
    Looking high or drunk