• The Dr that I work for has several drones and the Mavick is by far the easiest to fly and then fold up and carry. I promise if I can work it anyone can. And the camera is as easy to control as the drone. One thing you need to make sure of,,,,,, KEEP THE FIRMWARE UPDATED. The firmware is the software that is inside the actual drone. It pretty much will automatically update. Just don't ignore the prompts when it says there is an update. One other thing to be careful of....make sure you use a good USB phone cable when hooking your phone to the controller so that you can view what your filming. Some USB cables will work fine just for charging your phone but won't work when it comes to using it to sync data or view the real time video.

And make sure you set your home position in a place that no one will be walking or parking a car later. Don't ask me how I know this ..... :D

• Confused?? Contacted DJI asking a few simple questions & got a generic reply from China, the one thing I have read is there customer service is so -so :thumbdown: . I asked questions that they don't answer in website. I need to know speed of "follow me" on Phantom. Details I couldn't find. $400 for this Drone (phantom 3) I'm reading is a steal! Perfect for someone like me..

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• I have the phantom 3 and paid way more than that so at 400 it is totally a steal!, mostly use for Snowboarding and it's able to keep up on speedy downhills, without any hard data i would say it can keep up up to ~45MPH.

Now the bad.....customer support is mediocre at best.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• @Neosolidus so your happy with it..the follow me feature works well and it auto locates if you loose site.? .We have old iphones laying around you don't need an active service to use with controller right? Just need for visual?

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• @Neosolidus so your happy with it..the follow me feature works well and it auto locates if you loose site.? .We have old iphones laying around you don't need an active service to use with controller right? Just need for visual?

To be clear it does what I NEED and I know its limitations and in my opinion it gives you the best bang for your buck.

I have tried with phones not in service and found that without a carrier signal the phones lost GPS frequently(iphone5), it could have been a phone issue and not just because it did not have an active carrier signal.
    Now it always gets paired to a iphone 7 or my google pixel, I am sad to say that it works better on iphone(app has less issues/glitches).

Also every since the phantom 2 pro you have to pair with both controller and phone to use the follow me vs before where you could use a phone/table to get it done.

On cloudy days is best to take a chill pill or not use the follow me feature otherwise you blood pressure will skyrocket and might end up breaking the darn thing.

My phantom 3 drains batteries like if it had a twin turbo V12..... so carry plenty of spares.

Much like the slingshot as long as you know the weaknesses going in and are willing to tolerate them you can get a really fun drone and get the best bang of the buck especially at $400.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Got the DJI Mavik... but it's a conflict of interest thing... Live in a no fly zone... if I jump in the Slingshot for the day, not stopping to fly a drone. And therein lies my predicament... got the DJI for Christmas and it still hasn't seen the sky. ;(

So.... $500 for yours??? Meets my qualifications as gently used... :D