Less than a year ... Freaking ECU issue is back, code 065620

• OMG MOD REMOVAL!!!### you need a wrench day!
    Good news buddy!

will more than likely head up on Saturday to unbolt a lot of stuff. That should be fun. Good thing my top is soooooooo easy to remove and stuff in my Jeep.... grin-squared

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• don't forget the little stuff- I even pulled my tranny dust cover and rear mud flap. If you need OEM parts- shout out- I am sure the forum family has them gathering dust!

also- replacement includes taxes, tags, filing charges, etc......... NO up-charges unless you change model!

(1) Led driving lights and custom brackets
    (2) Hawk brake pads... hell not worth the time. Cheaper timewise to just buy new set.
    (3) remount OE tire and take my new rear on home.
    (3) top
    (4) mirror arms
    (5) swap out speaker pods. Easier than swapping speakers.
    (6) front splitter wings
    (7) side splash guard canard wings
    (8) rear license plate - GoPro mount
    (9) cold air intake system
    (10) dual Hella horns
    (11) valve cover dress up plate
    (12) exhaust cover plate
    (13) water tight travel bag mounting brackets
    (14) floor mats
    (15) cell phone mount
    (16) extra switches
    (17) custom foam exterior heat shields
    (18) rear axle hole cover...

Sure there is more. Not very big of a list compared to some. Guess that's a good thing now.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• I might have to go for a super white fast version.

I went from SL to LE- no harder to keep it clean, in all honesty. I also changed the stock seats (no charge). Just thought that the red & black looked better than the solid black seats Polaris went to, since after-market seats are not in my budget Also, presume your top has a red stripe, which would look terrific with the red accents on the fast white.

• Wow! I was about to post how disappointing that is to wait for a resolution that long, still is really, but to have it replaced is great news.
    I hope the new one brings more joy than the last!

thank you... honestly I do worry a little about a new one. Mechanically there was nothing wrong with my current one. None of the issues others had other than paint. The one damn thing I couldn't fix on her was what went bad.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• again, I have to say Polaris pleasantly surprised me with the response this afternoon. They called back as promised with a solution as they said they would (wasn't gonna hold them to that just yet, just wanted the call back). Should I have ever had to deal with this.... no. Am I happy with the way it has been handled.. yes. We all know this could have been drug out as they could have not cared. I'm just happy I feel comfortable allowing my daughter to ride with me again. Best father's day present I could have gotten.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• again, I have to say Polaris pleasantly surprised me with the response this afternoon. They called back as promised with a solution as they said they would (wasn't gonna hold them to that just yet, just wanted the call back). Should I have ever had to deal with this.... no. Am I happy with the way it has been handled.. yes. We all know this could have been drug out as they could have not cared. I'm just happy I feel comfortable allowing my daughter to ride with me again. Best father's day present I could have gotten.

Congrats , I am so proud for you.

• crap... forgot... guess black it is... but that's not good for photography if I was to ever need it for something...

RD. you could always get back in touch with Polaris thanking them again for standing behind their product and replacing it for you. A simple asking "since you've had it all this time and lost so much riding time that can NEVER be replaced, could they at least compensate you for your loss by providing you with the LE upgrade at no additional cost? It never hurts to ask since they can only say no. it's not like they're going to offer it to you on their own.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Guess I have to choose between red or Turbo Silver

RD. you could always get back in touch with Polaris thanking them again for standing behind their product and replacing it for you. A simple asking "since you've had it all this time and lost so much riding time that can NEVER be replaced, could they at least compensate you for your loss by providing you with the LE upgrade at no additional cost? It never hurts to ask since they can only say no. it's not like they're going to offer it to you on their own.

@Ruptured Duck - if you try this, I would consider approaching the dealer with the idea. I promise that Polaris has the dealer in the loop on the replacement, every step of the way. In addition, we all know that there is a markup for the dealer...........
    other option- talk to Polaris regarding stripping off mods from the old, and installing on the new..... they very well might offer to do so (predicated on experience, here. They agreed to pay my dealer 3 hrs......) Talk to the dealer- ask, instead for a discount on the vehicle in lieu of any installation- you can do that yourself, and will be MUCH happier with the outcome......... (again- experience)
    Make sure that Polaris has communicated replacement with your dealer!
    you have my #.