Special or Unique?

• I know I'm special, but after talking to other slingshot owners and trying their radios, I'm wondering if I'm now unique. To people who have the Polaris OE radio installed, I have an easy question to answer. If you have the radio on (it doesn't matter if it's a broadcast station or playing from a memory stick), does the radio cut out if you toot the horn for more than a few seconds? I'm on my third (and now last) factory radio, and it never happened before this latest one was installed. I don't see any loose grounds or bad connections, so not sure what's up. To those who have the newer 2017 models, could you please test this out on yours to see if the newer radios do this, or if I have a vehicle specific issue.

thanks

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I know I'm special, but after talking to other slingshot owners and trying their radios, I'm wondering if I'm now unique. To people who have the Polaris OE radio installed, I have an easy question to answer. If you have the radio on (it doesn't matter if it's a broadcast station or playing from a memory stick), does the radio cut out if you toot the horn for more than a few seconds? I'm on my third (and now last) factory radio, and it never happened before this latest one was installed. I don't see any loose grounds or bad connections, so not sure what's up. To those who have the newer 2017 models, could you please test this out on yours to see if the newer radios do this, or if I have a vehicle specific issue.

thanks

No, mine does not cut out. 2015 model SL

• Yes

I have a 2016 SL LE and my radio has always cut out when I hit the horn and hold it, or if I tap it more than 4 times I think. I just thought it was a safety thing and never questioned it because I have seen a similar thing occur in some cars.

Happens when both the radio is on, or the USB. Haven't tried BT yet.

• No both my 2015 and 2016 SLs the am/fm reception was NOT good...with the key in the accessory mode reception was great, but turn to on/run and NO reception.
    Now fixed --- when in for other recall stuff and lots of bitching when at my dealer
    they put a NEW back up camera in and now have fine reception with the am/fm.

I have $5.00 ears so I don't need a $100.00 sound system. for my needs the OEM
    sound system is fine now that I have some am/fm. I do like some tunes when flying down the road, Blue Tooth and memory stick work great.

• I have $5.00 ears so I don't need a $100.00 sound system. for my needs the OEM
    sound system is fine now that I have some am/fm. I do like some tunes when flying down the road, Blue Tooth and memory stick work great.

That's what I currently have, although I plan on trying my Sirius XM this year. Had a couple days in the shop just on the stereo and they got it working to the point I can pick up my XM signal, (the sample channel that says contact Sirius). Hoping that will work. Would love it to be up & running for SSITR in Beavercreek