STOP SALE ISSUED ON 2017 SLINGSHOTS

• Great.... Just friggin wonderful. I put a deposit on a 16over a month ago, but they are still waiting for a swingarm to arrive, so I called them tuesday and said I was tired of waiting and wanted to transfer my deposit to a 17 red Sl and I was coming down on Saturday to pick it up.
    Please cross your fingers that they haven't seen that yet. This recall crap is killing me.
    This is the only day I have off this month that they are open. (I'm off sundays and mondays and they are closed)

• Link/dates? ~> I'm still sort of new to all the events stuff...

I was in a similar situation last year. We purchased the Sling in late April. We weren't sure where to start in terms of mods and didn't have the vacation days to use to stay at SSITS for multiple days.

My wife and I decided to drive (in our car) to MV on Sat AM since it was about a 2.5 hr drive and rain was forecasted.

We spent the day meeting all of the vendors and people from the forum. Bought some raffle tickets and won our first 2 mods! - a short shifter knob and an Alpha coil pack cover.

The best benefit for us was seeing all of the work and mods others had completed. It gave us a sense of where we wanted to start and which lighting options we liked. We took a lot of pictures.

The parade through town on Sat afternoon of all the Slingshots was cool.

We stayed the night (actually went to Cherokee) for the evening and headed home on Sun.

If possible, spend a / the day in MV - well worth the time.

• Well, I wonder if my dealer will do the '17's before the rest of us, to try to avoid pissing off another bevy of customers. There was a dealership about 15 miles down the road, and as soon as the swingarm recall came out- they dropped the Polaris line, and referred all their customers to my dealer. The customers are super pissed, as they were told by my service manager that they were at the end of the line- He would service all of his purchasing customers first.
    I agree- after this last fiasco, you would have thought Polaris would get it right on assembly. Wonder if all those recalled nuts and bolts have the little ink checks marks, they started using in 2016, as a QA system.......
    I also wonder how much more of this our small dealers can take- they get paid by Polaris, but it darn sure isn't shop rate!

• Best I check if any of the UK models fall into this batch of recalls as I get my work all done on the 27th of this month.
    Perhaps I need to have it booked in for a weeks work rather than just two days.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• I have an alignment scheduled for this Saturday... Any word/update/guidance? ~> Would love to see if they can't just do the recall while I'm up there.

Are you headed to Interstate Cycles in Mooresville?

Generally they try and do everything when they have your Sling - worth asking.

I have been by three times to check on the status of the swing arm and other recalls and they haven't scheduled me yet.

• I have an alignment scheduled for this Saturday... Any word/update/guidance? ~> Would love to see if they can't just do the recall while I'm up there.

Not really sure what the safety bulletin means. It makes it sound like some bolts were not torqued to the proper spec, but further down it mentions parts availability. Maybe Polaris used the wrong grade of bolts and the bolts will be replaced. If parts are needed they will probably not have them available this weekend.

• Are you headed to Interstate Cycles in Mooresville?
    Generally they try and do everything when they have your Sling - worth asking.

I have been by three times to check on the status of the swing arm and other recalls and they haven't scheduled me yet.

Yes... That's where I'm going ~> They are the closest to both of us who do laser alignment. Normally (for all my recall stuff), I go to RideNow Powersports in Concord. I ordered everything and it was there in 4-days!

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• Check and see if they can do everything while you are there or just leave the SS with them if they can get to it in a couple of days.

The other thought I had was this... get the alignment done because the weather is going to be great on Saturday. Then convince them to give me another laser aliment for free after the recall ~> The worst they can say is no (but I can't go another weekend of not riding).

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• @ericastar76- FYI. Be careful heading up 77N. The construction for the toll lanes has shifted lanes left and right.

The lanes have grooves in them (they ground up the previous lane markers / stripes) and the grooves catch tires and will push you left and right.

It is hard to straddle the seam between your front and rear tire and the other cars are shifting as well. Have the temporary concrete barriers on one or both sides also.

Drivable, just take your time and stay alert.

Safe travels.