Pros and Cons

• Well sure, but so will brand new pavement. It tends to be slick. Gravel and leaves will also require you to change your driving behavior. We rode something called "The Rattler" at last year's Smokies rally. Freaking @TheRock and @BlackDeath were insanely fast even though conditions were less than optimal. There was gravel and brand new pavement involved. Moral of the story is, the Sling can handle insanity if the driver is insane and good enough.

That is where I tried to get @Bill Martin and his crew to speed up because it was fixing to rain, It was HOPELESS :D:D:evil::00008862::00008862::00008862:

• No you might have a chance. But I look at it this way and tell my wife this. She has seen how I drive with my 8 year old in the car. When they come peel us both off the pavement we will both have smiles on our face because we were having so much fun together.

• Sorry one more question, worse case scenario i get hit at 60 mph on a highway or something, do i have anything protecting me or am i done at that point

You've got a seat belt .... maybe a helmet depending on how you ride ... not as safe as a brand new car with half a dozen air bags but more than a motorcycle

sent from my FAST red slingshot

• Yep Jorge speaks the truth most fun road trip I've ever had in my life. Weather may be the only issue and as long as your prepared for it you'll be fine. Or get a turbo and you can move faster than time and space and rain won't touch you. :whistling: Lol
    Here's a link to mine @Skapoor 24 pages but a good read and you can see how your Sling brothers have your back too it's quite the family :thumbsup:
    My trip to Alpha Powersport EH!

• Regardless of the speed, you will probably be much safer in a Slingshot than on a motorcycle if you have an accident.
    In reference top the fuel pipe, I assume you are referring to some folks having trouble filling the gas tank due to poor venting. Turning the gas hose handle so its upside down usually helps fill the tank faster.
    To me, the ONLY advantage the factory sound system has is that it links vehicle speed to radio volume. I just installed a Bluetooth amp which has to be really cranked up to hear anything at highway speeds, and, as a result, it's pretty loud at stop signs since the volume is NOT linked to vehicle speed. If you think you really need that feature, buy a used Infotainment system from someone who's upgraded theirs to aftermarket. You'll save alot of $$ compared to buying new. Another complaint I have about the factory system is I feel the factory speakers intrude too much into my leg space.
    The only real difference for the SLR is the wider rear tire. To me, the biggest drawback to the SL model is its relatively narrow rear wheel.

• My slingshot is my touring bike I am not afraid to drive it anywhere. I have taken many cross country trips with it and many more planned. It has a modern GM engine that has been proven for the long haul so why not travel with it? On the hi-way I cruise all day at 75-80 no problem at all.

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• Not to sound stupid, but I have been researching and debating on whether or not to purchase a slingshot slr.
    Edit: Been working 3 jobs for 2 years to save for this car, dont want any regrets so can i make this my primary mode of transport, such as driving it long distance or on the highway

I fell in love with the SL LE and "Had to Have it". So When the time came, I sunk into it.

I will tell you right now, buy the base, mod it to your preference (Paint, Supercharger / Turbo, Sun shade....whatever you want) And spend the same amount of money as the SLR but have soooo much more Sling Value with your "base model"

This way, it is one of a kind, and completely yours!

• Buy the one you fell in love with!! You are 16 you will have plenty of time to mod later on enjoy it stock for as long as you can. At your age insurance is going to take all your mod money anyway. These things are a blast to drive even when left stock power wise. You will be the envy of the high school as you drift thru the parking lot. All the girls will want you and all the guys will want to be you.

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels