Pros and Cons

• At 16 I'm going to guess his insurance will be like $400 a month.

On a second note props to you for working your butt off to buy something you want..
    BUT I would suggest you get more driving time under your belt before you get one. You don't have much driving experience and with one wheel in that back it's easy to try and over correct it if you don't know what your doing.

You're genuinely telling a 16 year old boy not to buy one? Jesus... if I had a slingshot at 16 I would need a hip replacement by 17.

• I make this easy
    Con: If you can't afford to pay cash for it (like me) then paying the payment every month sucks (especially in the cold ass days/months)
    That is the only con...... everything else is a pro probably all stated in the post above over a few pages lol.

• Depending on the weather where you live, you may or may not be able to use the Slingshot as a daily driver. As temps get down into the 40s, the Slingshot becomes less fun to drive. If there is snow or ice, don't take the Slingshot out for a couple of reasons. First, wide wheels and light weight don't do well on ice or snow, wet roads are bad enough w/o the frozen forms of water complicating things. Second, until we've had a few years to see how well protected the relatively exposed frame of the Slingshot stands up to the elements, especially salt from winter roads, you probably want to minimize exposure to things that might cause problems over time. Some folks who do go out on salt-covered roads wash their Slingshots after each trip, just to be safe. The Slingshot can get very hot in the Summer and pretty cold in the Winter. Do lots of research on the various forums and get a good idea of the Slingshot's annoyances and you should be able to make an educated decision.
    Also, consider buying a used Slingshot. Even with expensive mods, most Slingshots will not draw the full amount spent on the mods. Smarter owners will remove and sell expensive mods separately, but if you can find someone who doesn't want to go to all the bother of that, you can probably score a good machine with mods you want, at a decent price.There is little performance difference between the model years other than the reduced weight (and slightly better performance if anyone can really notice the difference), but the newer models have improved cockpit comfort due to changes in engine compartment airflow, but the older models can be improved in this area by adding more insulation. There are lots of threads on various mods that make it easy to do the mods yourself.

• 17 + Slingshot + raging hormones + 17 year old girls + raging hormones + beer = what could go wrong

I can tell you just because he's 17 doesn't mean he drinks. I didn't drink at 17... I didn't drink until I was 21, but I smoked the shit outta weed at 17 lol..... <---- see my location bible bealt Texas.... 17 was "Zero Tolerance" time for me, yet I smoked the shit outta weed, This isn't politics thread, but moral of the story zero tolerance cost money but stops nothing.... oh and i'm damn asss drunk tonight drinking some Jack & coke so i'd like to shout out to Tennessee and to
    https://youtu.be/4zAThXFOy2c

• Ive got enough to buy it without financing but i want to finance to build a good credit score, especially since if i cosign the contract the rates going to be crazy low. And i called the nj mcv and local dealers its classified as an auto cycle in jersey, i only need a basic automobile license

• I can tell you just because he's 17 doesn't mean he drinks. I didn't drink at 17... I didn't drink until I was 21, but I smoked the shit outta weed at 17 lol..... <---- see my location bible bealt Texas.... 17 was "Zero Tolerance" time for me, yet I smoked the shit outta weed, This isn't politics thread, but moral of the story zero tolerance cost money but stops nothing.... oh and i'm damn asss drunk tonight drinking some Jack & coke so i'd like to shout out to Tennessee and tohttps://youtu.be/4zAThXFOy2c

my point exactly think of how many much pot could reduce the national debt and how clean the cities would be with about 40 hours of picking up paper while on community service!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I can tell you I don't think it would really matter much as I firmly believe weed is a gateway to harder stuff. I started with weed and done A LOT of harder stuff but I was a lucky few smart enough to use alcohol to stop illegal stuff. Moral is more ppl using softness of weed (kids especially) will lead to A LOT more ppl into harder stuff and it'll end in the same as it is now (just with more wide spread harder stuff addiction). In my opinion.

• The pros are you will make everyone around you want one.
    The cons, in New England we can only ride in it a few months out of the year.

The pros are in New England you can only ride in it a few months out of the year - It lasts longer and with less miles, your investment makes more sense

The cons, in New England you cab only ride in it a few months out of the year - Makes the move to Florida an expensive move so you can enjoy the thrills of riding your toy 364 days a year (you have to leave one day open to keep the whole family happy to see you)

Wait, now why is THAT a con? I guess when you look at things this way, there ARE no cons. Buy it and have fun

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• You're genuinely telling a 16 year old boy not to buy one? Jesus... if I had a slingshot at 16 I would need a hip replacement by 17.

Hip replacement isn't likely going happen from driving the Slingshot. ...... it's going to be because of the girls he will get while driving the slingshot

sent from my FAST red slingshot

• any suggestion on what to modify? So pretty much im just going to get the polaris for 20k the base one, what should i buy to upgrade

what to MODIFY?? Everything... The Sling is a disease of Modding!!

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/